BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carling Cup 3rd Round Draw

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nottingham Forest away. Remember the winter trip in January ABBEY ? The Wheelton Boys tour in that tranny van ? The beers in Ripley ? The mushroom throwing at the veg shop ? The loud mouth in the chippy ? The old bill searching us on the car park ? The red rose flag and the Chris Thompson goal ?

We drew 1-1 as Forest were flying at the time.

Replay at Ewood Park saw us win 3-1 with the might John Lowey leading the way.

Memories of yesteryear ;);)

Another interesting factor in this tie will be Joe Garner, Blackburn lad born and bred against the club he came through the youth ranks.

iirc wasn't there some disapointment at his sale?

Forest beat Derby today and they seemed to field a very adventurous line-up, with no less than 4 strikers. Blackstock, Garner, McGoldrick, Tyson.

Incidentally, McGoldrick had a trial with Rovers but turned us down in favour of Southampton.

For someone with so many answers, you ask a lot of needless daft questions :rolleyes:

Why is this a daft question? We know the w/c but not whether it is Tues or Weds. That can make a massive difference - if it's Tuesday I can make the trip Norf from the Smoke. Weds however is a different proposition as it is half day closing in Nottingham.

Why is this a daft question? We know the w/c but not whether it is Tues or Weds. That can make a massive difference - if it's Tuesday I can make the trip Norf from the Smoke. Weds however is a different proposition as it is half day closing in Nottingham.

Because as soon as the clubs have spoken, Sky have picked their live games and a decision has been made, it'll be crystal clear and we'll all know what day it is - Mon 21st, Tue 22nd, Wed 23rd or Thurs 24th. That decision isn't going to have been made by Sunday lunchtime of a Bank Holiday weekend! Hughseys many contacts at Ewood could have told him that :lol:

^ I think we will take the Carling Cup seriously, based on Sam's recent statement that it had acquired heightened prestige. Keep in mind that Sam has an ego (which is not a bad thing in a manager) and badly wants to take home some silverware.

tuesday 22nd september 7.45pm

Thank you. Tris. You going ?

Where my friends...do we sip ale? The oldest pub in England is in Nottingham I hear. Richard II and all that...The Trip to Jerusalem from memory. 12th century allegedly.

I'll get a pub to meet. Jerusalem to Wembley. The Rovers march again...

Thank you. Tris. You going ?

Where my friends...do we sip ale? The oldest pub in England is in Nottingham I hear. Richard II and all that...The Trip to Jerusalem from memory. 12th century allegedly.

I'll get a pub to meet. Jerusalem to Wembley. The Rovers march again...

I'd love to be going - I lived in Nottingham for 8 happy years.

I'd forget the Trip to Jerusalem, there are two far better pubs right by the City Ground - The Larwood and Voce (known as the Cricketers) and the Trent Bridge Inn. The L+V is much more away friendly though.

I have to be in Edinburgh at 9am on Wednesday, but there is a flight from East Mids - so I'm maybe there, need to confirm some details.

Archived