BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship

Pathetic 11,180 crowd for PNE v WBA- a game that would have seen the Nobenders into the top two had they won.

Anyway there is a problem with the search system on the new board. I know we have a thread on the Championship (Div 2 in proper money) somewhere but when you search, you get the individual posts with the word included, not the topic. I gave up after ten pages and started a new thread. Candidate for merger if the existing one can be found anywhere.

Newcastle, West Brom and P.N.E. in the play offs...it's about time they did it...

How many teams from Lancs can you have in the Prem?! I don't think anyone from Lancashire is going down this year, and if PNE come up we would be in the bizarre position of having eight local derbies within 40 miles which must be some sort of record?!

THey might as well rename the Premiership the Lancs-London Combination division.

• 3 weeks later...

If PNE don't make it this year, there is always the improbable sight of Blackpool sitting in the play-off places. Holloway is doing a remarkable job building on Tony Parkes' legacy; a thumping 3-0 win over Sheff U tonight.

Suddenly from there being a ten point gap from 1st to 4th, ten points now cover the top 20 clubs in the Championship after tonight's games (assuming West Brom don't salvage anything in the remaining minutes against Swansea). It is also 3 points covering the top 9 with QPR in tenth a point behind with a game in hand.

Newcastle will walk the league... yes they are having a stutter but it was always going to happen.

Boro.. could be an automatic if they get the right man in.

Play offs - Cardiff, West Brom, Preston & 1 other........cant see Blackpool hanging in there!

It is desperately close- any of the top 20 could go on a good run and get into the mix. Look how quickly Forest have raced up that League.

It is Newcastle's promotion unless two other teams have the strength and consistency and that cannot be ruled out. If Hughton's squad comes under pressure, I don't know how resilient they will be- they looked a well-beaten side at Forest.

Apart from having a dumb manager, QPR could challenge for automatic promotion and Forest don't have a bad squad by any means.

However, promotion at the first attempt for all of last year's relegated trio still looks the best bet.

It's very unusual for two relegated sides to fill the top two spots, usually one of the established Championship clubs gets in there.

I've got a feeling it might be Cardiff this year, they've been knocking on the door for a while now. I'll take West Brom to go up as champions with them. Probably someone like Boro or Newcastle for the play-offs.

• 4 weeks later...

North End make £9m loss.

Loans from Hemmings keeping them afloat, while their Chairman admits that the fans expectations for them to continually fight for promotion are unreal.

Attendances at Deepdale have dropped this season and a couple of days ago their chief executive was telling Radio Lancs that the big Prem clubs are killing them [he did add that he meant Man u and Liverpool - not Burnley and Rovers]. More and more fans were finding it easier to support Man Utd because it's easier to watch the live games of a successful club via the armchair on a weekly basis, than it is to actually pay to attend PNE. He called them glory hunters.

North End make £9m loss.

Loans from Hemmings keeping them afloat, while their Chairman admits that the fans expectations for them to continually fight for promotion are unreal.

Attendances at Deepdale have dropped this season and a couple of days ago their chief executive was telling Radio Lancs that the big Prem clubs are killing them [he did add that he meant Man u and Liverpool - not Burnley and Rovers]. More and more fans were finding it easier to support Man Utd because it's easier to watch the live games of a successful club via the armchair on a weekly basis, than it is to actually pay to attend PNE. He called them glory hunters.

He's absolutely right! And what will they all do when one by one all except about the 6 or 7 richest/biggest clubs have all disappeared into bankruptsey, and these few "elite" have all cleared off to join yet another "get even richer quicker" league organised by another set of greedy b*****s and followed by the entire media ('cause that's where the money is) circus, and it all moves off into the sunset as far as British football as we once knew and loved it is concerned?

But then what do we all care anyway?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Blackpool are just outside the play-offs I would like to see them come up. It would give us another Lancashire Derby also, when they would come to Ewood they would bring a few fans as well wirh it being so close.

Turn the premier league in to 'the NW division' haha. We're already 2/5 there!

Archived