BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carling Cup Q/Final Draw 12Pm Sat Sky Sports!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh well, at least it wasn't Chelsea away.

Can't they do a cup without the top six or something, so the rest of us might have a chance of getting one? :glare:

Pity we didn't give them the flu after our last visit to the bridge

Can Di Santo play in the cup games against them, or is it just a Premier ruling.

I have a feeling that it's based on the loan deal for each player. I have known loan players playing against the team that owns them.

Chelsea away. :mellow:

Well, up until kick off we're still in this competition. When they kick off it'll be 0-0 with both teams on an even plate. If we get a full strength squad going in against a weak Chelsea squad, you can never say never right?

It's a little whilst away and lets hope they get a sudden horrid run of form and injuries and flu and mass exodus of players and anything else we can but pray for :brfcsmilie:

This really does feel unfair. Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United, Chelsea... all we need is Liverpool in the 3rd round of the F.A Cup.

At least we will have had our swine flu by then.

Put a good crowd on at Ewood and there is no reason at all why Rovers shouldn't severely test whatever side Ancelotti selects.

I think this is as much about how much the Rovers supporters want to see the club succeed as anything else.

The game is 2 days after they play Arsenal away and 4 days before they play Man City away.

Interesting.

That is very interesting. Historically they do always play strong teams in the League Cup, but given that fixture run you can't see anything but a weakened side being put out against us.

Hey, we made the top 8 and the squad will have a chance to show us what they can do against Chelsea a month from now. I actually optimistic as I think the 5-0 was a fluke and we'll have dramatically improved by then. And it would be sweet revenge to put Chelsea out of running for the cup.

Luck had nothing to do with it. It was terrible display and could have been worse but the squad have shown they can do better. If we had shown up, equaled our best performance of the season but were still hammered 5-0, I would be very worried.

A lot of factors were working against us, not the least of which was the flu. Chelsea has not played us at our best. I believve that at home we will be playing at our best, and with Dunn, Samba, Chimbonda back on line, and Kalinic coming into his own, we can win.

Archived