BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carling Cup Q/Final Draw 12Pm Sat Sky Sports!

So a Q/final and maybe a 2 leg semi final away from reaching the new Wembley for the first time.

8 Teams remain and are all premiership sides

Rovers

Spurs

Porstmouth

Villa

Man Utd

Chelsea

Arsenal

Man City

I think a home draw against Portsmouth would be our best chance on paper but whoever we draw on Saturday, I hope we give it our best shot. It's all on the day in the cup!

I got a feeling we are going to get Citeh or Spuds!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont want City, United, Chelsea or Arsenal in the next round.

Pompey, Spurs or Villa at home is our best shout

I'd be willing to wager that NONE of the Top4 sides face each other, such is the nature of these draws.

I think either United/ City will get drawn together or Arsenal/ Spurs

• Backroom

Honestly I'd rather draw United than some of the others in there.

Teams like spurs and City are more likely to play full strength teams

Any team at home I will fancy us to get a result, any tie away, not so much.

Spurs- Tricky game as they are likely to play a full strength team. WINNABLE though if we are at home imo.

Pompey- Home or Away i'd fancy us to beat them. WINNABLE.

Villa- Tough game but WINNABLE.

Man Utd- Unless United play some reserves. LOSS.

Chelsea- LOSS.

Arsenal- Arsenal full strength= LOSS. Arsenal Kids= LOSS.

Man City- Still not convinced by them, blow hot and cold and defensively they aren't great. WINNABLE.

As long as we don't face United, Arsenal or Chelsea i believe on the day we could beat the rest of the sides. If we draw them then i can't see us progressing into the semis.

err..

did you not see arsenal, united and liverpools team's?

Arsenal still had some quality experienced players in there...Eduardo, Bentner, Nasri, Senderos, Silvestre, Ramsey - they probably cost more than our entire squad.

Liverpool - Babbel, Kuyt, Aquilani, Skrtel, Ngog, Benayoun - Again waaaaaaaay more than our squad

United - Foster, Neville, Brown, Evans, Anderson, Owen, Obertan, Tosic - once again some mega experience & cost in there, aswell as some quality youngsters.

I'd be willing to wager that NONE of the Top4 sides face each other, such is the nature of these draws.

Um, you do know Arsenal just knocked out Liverpool right? Like 2 hours ago. So there are only three and they DO draw each other.

Straight odds it is a pretty small that the three remaining top 4 will play each other, so its not that much of a surprise if they don't. This conspiracy crap winds me up.

Um, you do know Arsenal just knocked out Liverpool right? Like 2 hours ago. So there are only three and they DO draw each other.

Straight odds it is a pretty small that the three remaining top 4 will play each other, so its not that much of a surprise if they don't. This conspiracy crap winds me up.

Who are the actual top4 in the league right now?

Thank you, I rest my case. Don't be so quick in your assumptions my man. TOP4, not BIG4.

1 possible positive that could come from drawing one of the big boys would be if we played 442 and held our own (ie didnt lose 5-0). Could be food for thought for the manager, and would make for a more viewable game for us Rovers fans.

Having said that, I'm happy to be drawn against anyone but Chelsea or Arsenal. Preferably at home.

My dream draw:

Arsenal - Chelsea

Man City - Man U

Villa - Spurs

Blackburn - Pompy

Spurs- Tricky game as they are likely to play a full strength team. WINNABLE though if we are at home imo.

Pompey- Home or Away i'd fancy us to beat them. WINNABLE.

Villa- Tough game but WINNABLE.

Man Utd- Unless United play some reserves. LOSS.

Chelsea- LOSS.

Arsenal- Arsenal full strength= LOSS. Arsenal Kids= LOSS.

Man City- Still not convinced by them, blow hot and cold and defensively they aren't great. WINNABLE.

As long as we don't face United, Arsenal or Chelsea i believe on the day we could beat the rest of the sides. If we draw them then i can't see us progressing into the semis.

Agreed - fingers crossed!!

However, if we want to win it, then we have to at some stage play United, Arsenal or Chelsea.

Not for certain. If Arsenal keep playing their kids then someone will dump them out.

City could dump one of the others out as they will play a full strength side.

If we see:

Tottenham v Arsenal

City v Chelsea

Villa V United

Blackburn v Pompey

Then i could see 2, maybe even all 3 going out...due to playing weakened teams against full strength teams.

Not for certain. If Arsenal keep playing their kids then someone will dump them out.

City could dump one of the others out as they will play a full strength side.

If we see:

Tottenham v Arsenal

City v Chelsea

Villa V United

Blackburn v Pompey

Then i could see 2, maybe even all 3 going out...due to playing weakened teams against full strength teams.

What is the likelihood of that happening Chris? I stil reckon United wil get Arsenal or Chelsea.

Archived