BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Vs Portsmouth. Ewood Park, 7Th November.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know how many Pompey fans will be making the trip up North?

I'm going for a 2-0 Rovers win, with Kalinic and N'Zonzi with the goals.

Hopefully we won't concede in the first 5 minutes again!!

As long as that tatooed weirdo doesnt bring that soddin bell, I dont care how many Pompey are there.

This really is a massive game and a must win one at that. Win, and we gain confidence. Lose and we could be bottom by tomorrow night.

Last season Allardyce got us out of the bottom three - this season he has put us there. Lets see how good he is at undoing some of his own mess..................

Heard Grella was supposed to play today.

Now I hear he picked up a new injury in training.

Hmm.

Probably got crunched by Andrews in training.

Ah well at least Keith will be starting today eh?? :glare:

On a serious note, Grella has to be one of our worst signings ever. We're never going to get to see his supposed 'talent'.

Anyone know how many Pompey fans will be making the trip up North?

I'm going for a 2-0 Rovers win, with Kalinic and N'Zonzi with the goals.

Hopefully we won't concede in the first 5 minutes again!!

based on recent seasons, their form, and the credit cruch i would say about 400 to 500 max

ROVERS: Robinson, Chimbonda, Samba, Nelsen ©, Givet, Diouf, Emerton, Nzonzi, Pedersen, Dunn, Di Santo.

Subs: Brown (GK), Roberts, McCarthy, Andrews, Kalinic, Hoilett, Salgado.

Phew, no KA

Draw at worst then. Maybe a 2-1.

Three strikers on the bench when only one starts.

Thats a bit weird.

Would have liked Kalinic start next to Di Santo.

At least Andrews is OUT.

Be greatful for the line up Bobby, it could have been worse lol

ROVERS: Robinson, Chimbonda, Samba, Nelsen ©, Givet, Diouf, Emerton, Nzonzi, Pedersen, Dunn, Di Santo.

Pretty much the same lineup I'd choose. Emerton replacing Andrews inside is something I've been wishing to see for a long time now. May just have been a case of needing Emerton back at 100% match fitness before doing so; 8 months without football is a long time.

Would be interesting to see a lineup with McCarthy in the Dunn role and Dunn replacing Diouf on the right but given license to float inside, sortof how Bentley played at times for us; Chimbonda would then provide the width.

Not a bad line up, where's Jacobson ? As usual I'm not confident on this one. On current form we could be in for a hard time today, they've won there last two games by 4-0 so they'll be cock a hoop. We are still find goals not too easy to come by. First goal is going to be crucial, let's hope we get it.

His wife just gave birth so it's possible he's spending time with the family for the time being, since we have enough cover at right back anyway.

Laid up in Lancashire with a terrible cold so missing the game.

BBC Radio Blackburn are doing the dingle and PNE games so is there any coverage of our game anywhere?

Local radio station, quay radio.com are covering the game on their website

Overall i'm happy with that, Emerton and N'Zonzi given time could be a decent partnership. Di Santo has to get support not only from Dunny but from out wide, if he doesn't then i can see a poor performance.

Archived