BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Vs Portsmouth. Ewood Park, 7Th November.

Pompey radio is being quite positive. They really think that their luck has changed and that they can get at least a point from this match.

If this game is not a 'must-win' then it must be a 'must-not-lose' as that would really put us in the sticky stuff - both mentally and points-wise.

I really think that if we play to our best then Pompey should not be a problem. They are not a tall team and Ben Haim and Kaboul should not cause Di Santo and Dunn many problems.

I'm going 2-1 Rovers. Rovers dominate with Pompey getting a late goal to make us nervous.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sod all this 4-4-1-1 we are at home to a not very good side wells take the game by the balls and go for a 3-4-1-2 and get all three points. I know big sam will not play like that however i can hope :D

sod all this 4-4-1-1 we are at home to a not very good side wells take the game by the balls and go for a 3-4-1-2 and get all three points. I know big sam will not play like that however i can hope :D

thats my preferred formation as it caters for our best players. I think wing-backs is the way to go, as it isnt conventional in the modern game. Maybe reverting to some older-fashioned formations (my dad tells of days when goalies played up front and there were 4 forwards) would make us hard to play against again?

Robinson

Nelsen Samba Givet

Diouf Nzonzi Grella Gamst

Dunn

Di Santo Benni/Kalinic

I assume you mean a team similar to that? The only thing is that defensively we have been suspect and we dont have enough quality attacking players to overcome this.

If our manager comes out with that statement then I'm taking a book to read.

Iceman

Posted Today, 06:05 AM

If Sam sets us up, to be defensive against Pompey then im going to lose it.

If any of these scenario's are taken I suspect Waggy will be gaining a few friends in the pub.

Incidently - Sam says its our biggest game of the season so far - nice one Sam , but isn't the most important game always the next one anyway!

The most importatnt game should be won - that IMO means that every game should be set out to be won - what about it Sam , worth a go don't you think?

Robinson

Nelsen Samba Givet

Diouf Nzonzi Grella Gamst

Dunn

Di Santo Benni/Kalinic

I assume you mean a team similar to that? The only thing is that defensively we have been suspect and we dont have enough quality attacking players to overcome this.

That team, but Chimbonda or Emerton in Diouf's place. OR Chimbonda in Pedersen's place with Emerton in Diouf's place. I'd be chuffed with that.

If any of these scenario's are taken I suspect Waggy will be gaining a few friends in the pub.

Incidently - Sam says its our biggest game of the season so far - nice one Sam , but isn't the most important game always the next one anyway!

The most importatnt game should be won - that IMO means that every game should be set out to be won - what about it Sam , worth a go don't you think?

I would be happy with either a 3-3-1-2 or a 4-3-1-2

The point is you can play at home with Dunn in the hole and two up front, the key it this is that the ball must be kept and used well and when the forwards have it there must kept it to allow the defence to move up.

Will Sam play this I think not which is a shame :angry:

I'm not looking forward to hearing the fans reaction when Wendy reads out the team sheet" tomorrow

In all honestly his tactics of playing 4-4-1-1, 4-5-1, whichever way you want to put it, has in fact worked in our home games. We've failed to score in just two home games, since then we have scored 13 goals in our last four games at home. Ok 5 against lower opposition but surely it's something to be proud of :rock:

We have to go for this one and we have to win, so let's attack for a change.

To be fair, we haven't exactly been negative in our recent home games. We took the game to Burnley, and we beat Villa with ten men. The only fault we could find is Sam's conservative approach when we went 3-1 up against the former. I have little faith in us trying to see games out.

Archived