BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Academy 2009/10

den

Chelsea's No.11 (Gokhan Tore) reminded me of a cross between Damien Duff and Wayne Rooney ... defiantly one to watch for in the future.

Agreed - similar to duff, Hugs the wing, takes his man on - but also bigger build like rooney and likes to get stuck in. He was the best player on the pitch by far.

As Baxter was in the Everton game!

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed - similar to duff, Hugs the wing, takes his man on - but also bigger build like rooney and likes to get stuck in. He was the best player on the pitch by far.

As Baxter was in the Everton game!

The ref was very poor tonight I thought. Didn't keep up with play and often seemed to miss fouls that evryone else in the ground saw. Not biased - just poor

Chelsea's No.11 (Gokhan Tore) reminded me of a cross between Damien Duff and Wayne Rooney ... defiantly one to watch for in the future.

I was saying the very same. Hard to judge a player off one game - but he was head and shoulders above everyone else. Quick, direct, full of tricks - seemed the complete package.

The ref was very poor tonight I thought. Didn't keep up with play and often seemed to miss fouls that evryone else in the ground saw. Not biased - just poor

Yeah the ref shouldnt of sent our man off, just a yellow - but bottled it!

There were one or two little things he missed. Late on when he gave a free-kick on the edge of the box, that should of been a booking too but he didnt even talk to the lad.

Of what iv seen - the only youth players we have in that team that look half decent are Ramm, Jones & Hanley with Osawe (sp), Micah & Banton looking like they have some talent too, however just dont seem to give it for the whole game. The rest dont look anything special at all.

Yeah the ref shouldnt of sent our man off, just a yellow - but bottled it!

There were one or two little things he missed. Late on when he gave a free-kick on the edge of the box, that should of been a booking too but he didnt even talk to the lad.

Of what iv seen - the only youth players we have in that team that look half decent are Ramm, Jones & Hanley with Osawe (sp), Micah & Banton looking like they have some talent too, however just dont seem to give it for the whole game. The rest dont look anything special at all.

They made it this far on effort, teamwork and Man Utd having the poorest youth team they've had in ages. Everton were the best side they'd met before last night. There's no disgrace in being beaten by Chelsea - they get their pick of players whereas we have to pick up what we can. Considering the difference in size, class and skill our lads didn't do badly. It was just a bit like watching our first team against chelsea's first team will be on Sunday.

Wow the youth keeper won't be around long. Ball was going out for a goal kick and he kept it in but played straight to the Chelsea striker for 1-0. 2mins later the second follows, looked like a foul from the throw in but a good shot and decent save leaves the defense standing while Chelsea number 7 slots home easily. Game over 3-0 on agg.

Archived