BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Academy 2009/10

den

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately I didn't go tonight, mainly due to it being my birthday so didn't want to go when I thought we would lose. This should be a massive boost for now after two very subdued performances.

Well done to the lads and here's to the rest of the season,

For those wondering I did intend on doing a write up for the Bolton game but the computer crashed when I'd almost finished and I couldn't be bothered typing it out again.

I think the next round of this competition will be held before the 13th of February, the full draw for this is:

Liverpool or Watford v Chelsea

West Ham United or Newcastle United v Hull City or Crystal Palace

Blackburn Rovers v Preston North End or Everton

Ipswich Town or Fulham v Aston Villa or Millwall

We're playing United so there's 5 mins of added time.

Finished 3 - 0. Next round against PNE or Everton in the last 8.

Absolutely fantastic result, only seen the first thirty minutes when Uniteds youngster could have had a couple of goals but for the young Rovers goalie producing an instinctive save to deny one.

The crowd seemed to be alot lower tonight than the one for the Orient game.

Happy birthday hollowsr the reports are much appreciated

Thanks a lot on both parts of your message :-)

Absolutely fantastic result, only seen the first thirty minutes when Uniteds youngster could have had a couple of goals but for the young Rovers goalie producing an instinctive save to deny one.

The crowd seemed to be alot lower tonight than the one for the Orient game.

According to the site it is more than the Orient game, about 300 more! How did you only see the 1st 30mins? Or do I not want to know ;)

I was going tonight too but my wife had an appointment at Blackburn Hospital at 4 - 20pm

she came out at 5 -15 and took us 45 minutes to get off the car park and drive back to the other side of dingle land!!! so I didnt have time to get thwere for a 7pm kick off!!

Who the hell designed the exits at Blackburn Hospital :wacko:

Bloody imbiciles!!! :blink:

Forgot to say, well done lads, great result!!

Good to hear Sam's comments on the academy, for a club like ours with limited funds plus the homegrown rule coming into effect the academy could play a huge role in our future. I think even some of the Sam haters would recognise that Sam has clearly had some focus on youth with the likes of N'Zonzi, Kalinic, Olsson and Jones featuring for the side. It was something that Hughes didn't really see as important and i think that was a wrong viewpoint.

Precise :D

No problem ;) On the FA website it says they should be played before next Saturday, and Rovers have stuck to these dates so far except maybe the Orient game by a few days. Obviously it can't be the Wednesday night. If Everton get through it will be them twice in a few days for the lads as we have them away in the league this weekend.

get every young striker on the books......stand them in box ......have the coach booot the ball in....someone head it down .....who scores most gets in the team ...first team along side kally .....they cant do worse than the current wongaed up ones now..THE HOOF FACTOR

Just got back from Liverpool V Watford, Watford won 1-0 thanks to a dodgy pen.

I have to say its the first time I've watched them play and if thats considered a good standard then I'm emigrating. Not one of those players has a hope on that showing on either team.

Segura has one hell of a job on his hands.

Got to say, I watched Rovers v Orient Youth and I was disappointed with the standard in general, I have seen much, much better at Rovers!!

Got to say, I watched Rovers v Orient Youth and I was disappointed with the standard in general, I have seen much, much better at Rovers!!

Both teams were so direct. Watford had some good play down the flanks but the striker always came wide and no-one stepped into the middle. Went with a mate of mine from Finland because he wanted to watch Liverpool's Young Finnish hopeful and all they did was pump balls at him all day long (5 4").

Very disappointed with Liverpool.

Good to hear Sam's comments on the academy, for a club like ours with limited funds plus the homegrown rule coming into effect the academy could play a huge role in our future. I think even some of the Sam haters would recognise that Sam has clearly had some focus on youth with the likes of N'Zonzi, Kalinic, Olsson and Jones featuring for the side. It was something that Hughes didn't really see as important and i think that was a wrong viewpoint.

Woooooh there, Hughes had no say in the academy the structure when he was here was simple, First team and the academy, two separate entities. We produced nothing of note at any point during Hughes rein, so I think thats a little unfair on him.

Woooooh there, Hughes had no say in the academy the structure when he was here was simple, First team and the academy, two separate entities. We produced nothing of note at any point during Hughes rein, so I think thats a little unfair on him.

Think you're forgetting about Derbyshire. Hughes gave him his chance after his sucessful loan at Wrexham.

Archived