Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Megson Sacked, Coyle Takes Over

meerkat

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.skysports.com/fanzone/blogs/story/0, 24015, 16825 _5832557,00.html

don't know if this has been linked yet but it's funny

(for some reason it won't let me post the link, so copy and paste it then delete the spaces. or go to the fanzone blogs on sky sports news. its entitled 'an open letter to owen coyle')

I've just had a thought - how much stick will his kids be getting given they aren't moving schools?!

just mentioned that to her.... the responce was "i dont care im not bothered,why should i worry about it" hahah

just looking at the their board...

how simple minded can you get??? thier F'in pathetic to put it plainly, with the position that burnley have been in over the past few years and with all the other managers they have had doing jack they should be praising him, hes the best thing thats happened to burnley fc in 33 years, arghhhh there so F'in thick !!!!!

lol.......Mr Phelan as next manager....?

sounds like another Brian Kidd appiontment to me........It couldn't get any better, could it?

Only if Burnley now sink without trace AND Coyle takes Bolton down as well.

The first should happen, don't think the second one will but here's hoping.

(for some reason it won't let me post the link, so copy and paste it then delete the spaces. or go to the fanzone blogs on sky sports news. its entitled 'an open letter to owen coyle')

Funny? I thought it summed up the position quite well - lest we forget this is about the man who very recently said:

As soon as a player mentions money my interest in them has gone. What kind of man would I be if I sold this club to a young player when signing him, offering him the chance to progress into a Premier League-quality footballer, if I jumped ship as soon as a better offer came along?

sorry to bring it up again, but owens daughters message on fb, for obv reasons iv had to censor some things ...

Kiera Coyle: lying judas p***k eh? seriously cause hes went to another club? ever think hes went cause he believes burnley can stay in the premier league without him? god some of you's are pathetic, after everything he has done you's give him abuse cause hes went with what he thinks is right? well to all of you lot... clumsy, hit shift + 8 again!! OFFFFFFF!!!!!

Funny? I thought it summed up the position quite well - lest we forget this is about the man who very recently said:

Yeah, yeah. And I remember when Shearer, Hughes etc... left you lot were all very sympathetic.

There's no loyalty in football. The fact is Bolton is a more attractive long term proposition than Burnley.

It would be funny if they both went down. I wonder who they will get to replace him? Fergie Junior is my bet.

Far from being an impossibility. Burnleys players may not adapt to the next manager and ditto for Boltons with Coyle. Do either clubs have the time necessary for such upheavels?

For those that can't be bothered to follow the link, the 'open letter' reads a s follows.....

Firstly, thanks very much for your time here. You brought us fantastic success playing great football with a young, exciting team. You turned the club round, brought us cup runs, victories against United, Arsenal and Chelsea and you helped us win promotion via the play-offs and a fantastic day at Wembley.

And now you've gone and ruined at all.

On Thursday you said the Bolton job was not for you, but was a great job for somebody else. And yet on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday your friend Alan Nixon, the Mirror journalist, ran stories saying that you were in talks with Bolton. And now it appears you have gone.

You spoke at great length in your time at Burnley about being a man of honesty and integrity, yet sadly you have shown none here. Skipping the post-match press conference on Saturday was weak, particularly given the excuse and the widespread press reports which confirmed you had spoken to the Bolton chairman on Sunday. We deserved better.

You will surely spout about how you have an attachment at Bolton. Well I've checked the records and you have spent longer at Burnley than you did there. And there is no way, absolutely no way on Earth, that those Bolton fans appreciated you as much as the Burnley fans did. You had something like 15 clubs, why is this one so spectacular? Particularly given that you were third choice behind Andy Walker and John McGinlay?

Betrayed

You have spoken at great length about how you wouldn't want a player if they wanted to speak to you about money, about cutting your cloth accordingly, about how £15k a week is a more than decent wage. And now you appear to be leaving for a club hugely in debt (compared to our debt of £0) just so you can spend a bit more cash. Either you have betrayed your principles or you were making it up.

This may seem emotive, but Burnley fans genuinely believed in you and what you were doing. At Bolton there will be an expectation you will survive and thrive, but there were no such expectations at Burnley. See how the Bolton fans react if you get one point out of 30 away from home like you have with us this season.

On top of that Bolton are below Burnley in the league. Your success at Bolton may lead to Burnley getting relegated - you will be profiting from our potential failure. All this after leaving us mid-season and at the start of a very important transfer window. What about the deals you had lined up?

Every way I look at it you have betrayed the club that gave you your opportunity. Let's not forget that you were interviewed for Bolton two years ago and they weren't sure about you - we took the chance.

You could have chosen any manner of ways to leave Burnley. We all knew you were going to leave at some point but we all imagined you'd come back with a top-six club after establishing us in the Premier League. We'd have given you a standing ovation and sang your name from the roof tops. Not now, you would not have been short of options and you have chosen to leave in this back-handed, cowardly manner. You've made your bed and you'll have to lie in it when we play Bolton on the 26th of January.

When you were appointed, Brendan Flood said he thought we may have the new Bill Shankly. Who knew that instead all we had was the next Mark McGhee?

Do you agree with Kevin's thoughts? Should Owen Coyle stay at Burnley, or is the Bolton job a good a career move? Tell us your views below and we'll publish them here.

The views expressed are not necessarily those of skysports.com

Now, lets be honest. Welcome to the Premier League Burnley. As Rovers fans we've had years of this - our good managers and players being poached by other clubs. Shearer, Bentley, Souness, hughes to name a few. Now they know how it feels.

Accyrover

ever think hes went cause he believes burnley can stay in the premier league without him?

errrrr........no Kiera.

Not that I otherwise condone abuse directed towards his family of course. She might be better off staying well clear of Facebook for a few days.

Reading that a change of school might not be a bad idea, if that is the standard of her English.

At the risk of labouring the point, perhaps she should read her fathers comments of the last few months about honour, integrity and jumping ship.

Mind you with Nickos use of 'as' instead of 'has' in the last article perhaps intelligence is not something that Coyle is exactly surrounded with <_<

Glad it is sorted - assuming Bolton can find the compensation money, seems they maybe struggling somewhat. Just hope we can get a new man in quickly - or that Steve Davis can do a 'Parkes'

Funny? I thought it summed up the position quite well

Yes, it is funny. This is football, unfortunately. You are all acting like this is a huge shock. If you had any experience in the modern game at the top level the majority of your fans wouldn't be embarrassing themselves right now on every media platform going.

When the dust settles will this be seen as a major coup for Bolton ? If you'd have told me a week ago that Coyle would swap Burnley for Bolton I'd have fallen off my perch. The cynic in me thinks that Megson going in the middle of a relatively decent run of games wasn't entirely because of form. Maybe words were exchanged at the recent game between Burnley and Bolton- nudge " I'm sick of trying to win games on a miniscule wage bill " nudge. "Well if you ever want a move Owen, just call me". Wink,wink. One day we'll know the truth.There seems a lot more in this to me.

For me the only thing missing from that letter is the following additional sentence.

, and we so nearly managed to get a point at Ewood after 30 odd years of desperate hurt and longing for East Lancashire glory,.....

Lets face it dingles, once a better option came along you were always going to lose him.

Some will say Celtic was the better option than Bolton, I dont go with that. Scottish football is in a poor state of affairs, no money and no class with only Hibernian ever likely to make a sustained challenge to the 2 big fish.

Burnley now have to recover as the loss of Coyle could be fatal to the clubs Premiership survival fight.

I loathe everything about Burnley, I despise their fans, the team and their dump of a stadium, its only the motorway that passes through Burnley that has an attarction for me but I genuinely feel sorry for them, only a little mind because we as Rovers fans have been that victim only on a much grander scale.

tata Owen, not even you could manage a point at Ewood, now how many managers have tried that over the years and have been successful (30 years and all that !!).

The reason Burnley fans are angry is nothing to do with what Coyle has said previously. That is just the icing on the cake. It is solely because they have dumped mid-season by their manager. To be fair...if a manager of ours did that just before the transfer window it would also be met with such wailing and gnashing of teeth. It might be slightly harsh of me to revel in the ridiculous things our cousins from down t'road might be feeling and saying...but sod it. It's really quite amusing. Had a quick check on Clarets Mad and came across some wonderful threads such as...

Is Owen Cole the new JOHN BOND?

Regardless of what he achieved with us, I can smell a JUDAS in the camp.

GOD/JUDAS

You decide Owen, I expect a lot of Clarets would never forgive.

I expect him to be as hated as John Bond if he's gone.

He may as well have gone to B@$tard Rovers.

Feel like I've been stabbed.

They even have Bolton fans taking the pi$$...last time that will be a friendly rivalry!

RIP Burnley

coyle must have looked at the table and seen your recent form, probably thought you were on our way to the bottom. Bolton will be above you by the end of the january, nevermind may.

you did your best to keep him. you are a small club compared to bolton and so many small clubs like ipswich, west brom etc have mouthed off to us over the last ten years, and we have ended up staying up at their expense...youre next burnley...us against the critics, and whoever else wants to be defeated.

and if any of you think compensation will be a problem...il put you out of your missery now....it wont.

A wonderful tale of romance betrayed can be seen in...

I'll never fall in love again

I won't fall for it ever again

No matter what the new man achieves I will forever be cynical.

When he claims to have taken the club to heart I won't believe him.

When he applauds the crowd and states that we are the 12th man I'll think, 'yeah right'.

When he says he isn't interested in a job I'll know he is really asking, 'how much for me?'

My heart is now lead, false prophets will never again be allowed in.

Young love can be so cruel, can't it?

Other such gems can be found in "Steve coppell's claret and blue army", "The abuse of Owen Coyle on this board", "Mike phelan favourite", "Mr Coyle I wish you all the worst!" as well as "And all because we couldnt buy Nugent"!!! I think that last one could become a favourite saying when anything goes t!ts up for them in the future.

Quite an entertaining read and those were all just in the first 15 or so threads. Wonderful. I will leave you finally with a new chant that has already been penned by a skilled wordsmith from the Pennines...

DA DA DA JUDAS COYLE ,DA DA DA JUDAS COYLE

DA DA DA JUDAS COYLE ,DA DA DA JUDAS COYLE ...

Thanks for all you have done for us ,Hope you like your new job and you get relegated ,all the Best you Judas W**KER

Never a dull moment with Burnley, I will give them that...

:brfcsmilie::rover::brfc:

Archived