BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Megson Sacked, Coyle Takes Over

meerkat

How's this for perhaps THE most deluded comment on the situation from a Dingle (taken from Clarets Mad)??? :lol:

"Seems like i'm not the only one to dislike Coyle now !!!!! . This could turn out to be a blessing in disguise for Burnley Football Club if Coyle goes to Bolton. Maybe an away win will be forthcoming very soon ( at Bolton). Bolton a great bet to get relegated now. No away wins for them for the rest of the season.

With a bit of luck Coyle will take captain calamity and the grandfather with him to increase Bolton's chances of getting relegated."

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fife...you are a gentleman but you have lost your perspective here.

There are close to a billion people in this world reported as suffering from undernourishment. Hundreds of millions live in war zones. So therefore to describe someone as suffering "anguish" because a football manager that their football club poached from another is going to move on to another club is somewhat ridiculous isn't it? Anybody who suffers "anguish" because of such a thing is unworthy of respect. People do suffer in this world and they are deserving of sympathy. Not from some bloke going to another football club to work...

This is just football...it's entertainment. Lighten up and enjoy the banter. thumbs-up.gif

Yes I know what you mean FLB. But then surely it is all in context: I agree that what you say about the poor starving millions and other equally horrendous world events, and when compared to these things anything at all about the world of football pales into total insignificance. No question about that BUT: coming back to the much more limited and unimportant world of Football (which IS what we are all on here to talk about) there is no denying that within THIS limited context we football fans do develop a very deep fondness and almost love-like feeling for our chosen clubs. So when something comes along that we as fams see as damaging to our clubs we really do feel the pain, and we DO get upset by it. And at htat time it is absolutely no use for any outsider who is not actually feeling the pain to tell us that it is of no great importance and for them to make matteres worse by deliberately mocking us is completely beyond the pale. That is NOT the same thing as normal good natured banter between rival groups of fans.

That is how I see it.

How's this for perhaps THE most deluded comment on the situation from a Dingle (taken from Clarets Mad)??? :lol:

"Seems like i'm not the only one to dislike Coyle now !!!!! . This could turn out to be a blessing in disguise for Burnley Football Club if Coyle goes to Bolton. Maybe an away win will be forthcoming very soon ( at Bolton). Bolton a great bet to get relegated now. No away wins for them for the rest of the season.

With a bit of luck Coyle will take captain calamity and the grandfather with him to increase Bolton's chances of getting relegated."

rovers fan in disguise!?

Like tnr I am amazed Kilby + Co slapped a bounty on Coyle's head with quite such unseemly haste. You would have thought they would have denied Bolton permission then at least done their level best to hang on to him.

Almost as quick as our lot settling on a price for Hughes when we allowed Cook to whisk away the goose that laid the golden eggs.

Bit early to say if you were right about Allardyce yet Gordon............

The issue last December was who would be able to save us from near certain relegation.

Its got to be Ferguson hasn't it. He's young, cheap and relatively exciting. I would have thought that would have played a large part in the decision to 'let' Coyle leave aswell. They can get a good wad of cash for him now, let the fans turn on him instead of the club and get hold of another promising manager whilst he's about.

Sounds so simple that I cannot imagine why Arsenal and MU dont do it. :rolleyes:

Yeah I think so.

Also a personal factor is that Owen Coyle played for them & will earn around £1m a year more with them!

3 year contract = £3m. Also if the dingles bomb in the second half of the season his stock will be as good as Boothroyd / Davies etc and Kilby / Flood will likely sack him to boot to appease the natives. Timing is everything in this life. We all get 5 mins of fame so it'd be daft to spew it.

• Backroom

Looks to me like he might stay now, maybe Kilby is going to open the coffers, be funny to watch the dingles go back on all they've said on the forums

He'll have lost all credibility if he stays. Half the fans will be after his blood and half won't. Very harmonious.

I think at this point getting rid would be a smart move, he can't win away, home form slipping. They could get the dosh , bring in a fire fighter who'll park the bus for away games and do a Sam. Sneak through with the skin of their teeth.

I hope not though.

It's put a smile on my face anyway.

I can't envision any circumtances that would lead to him staying, I wouldn't be upset if he did but I can't help but feel this timing delay is all about terms and money.

I am 95% sure he will go.

Longsider, you are a proper fan and I understand proper fans feelings, yes like you we want to beat our neighbours, but for clubs like ours, there are two certainties, one if you get a successful manager he will move on and if you get a decent player, he will have to be sold!!

Thats top flight football in England, we love Rovers as you love Burnley,. long may we be number one but I honestly do feel for you as I do rate Coyle and I think with a proper budget, he will be even better!!

I too think Coyle will go, its too far down the line now, good luck in your search for a new manager, hope its a bad one :D

Is John Bond in a job :lol:

I can't see for the life in me ..Why Coyle should be remotely interested in the Bolton job...Ok he will earn more money but not all that much more..

From what I have seen Burnley have a better chance of survival than Bolton ... The players will have to play a different style ,not easy when relegation is looming... Most odd maybe more to this than meets the eye ..

Archived