BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] City Away - Monday 11 January 2010

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really dont even know how to rate player performances because I simply feel they just dont play the game they want to play, someone astounded about the praise for nzonzi I would have to agree I dont know if this lad can play or not, he hits so many backward and sideways passes and when he has space he chokes and lays it off sideways again.

The same could be said for Junior, Di santo and kalinic none of the team look comfortable playing like this at all, When we played city at the start of the season we played fine, we looked good, we were just unlucky what changed?

• Backroom

Not one of them deserves credit apart from possibly Olsson and Hoilett but all in all the blame lies squarly with Allardyce.

He wont go no matter what but if we don't win the next 2 games I really think he should.

A challenge to Hughesy, and anyone else left in the blue n white tinted specs brigade - defend that.

Rubbish and embarrassing.

Great minds think alike Topman!!

Agreed, simply terrible!!!! The players do not care, and for me the manager cares even less.

We have had it......

Well as he is a defensive midfielder, I'd expect him to keep any eye on the player who waits on the edge of the box i.e Tevez who sits deep waiting for balls to be pulled back. I think he takes the easy option too often passing to a player under pressure so the other player plays the poor ball. He goes sideways way too often. 90% of the support for N'Zonzi is because Andrews is so poor, he doesn't add alot to the team.

Shocking. The thing that irritates me the most is that the opposition aren't the ones that make us look this bad, it's our own doing!!!!!

1st Goal, what an earth was Robinson doing, either shout for it or get a good fist on it, but what does he do? Flaps at it.

2nd goal, how you can let a defender run 80yards without a proper challenge is beyond me. What happened to the bully boys? Where are they, scared to ###### put a challenge in if you ask me!

3rd goal was a comedy of errors, Givet bounced off Benjani as though he was in Smackdown, and then Nzonzi just watched the ball roll to Tevez as he curled it in.

We cannot afford to give teams these sort of advantages. I am sick and tired of these type of performances. I don't know what it feels like to win anymore, I strongly suggest we dig deep into our empty pockets and find some sort of money to bring in some quality, because the #### out there today was terrible!

Sort it out!!! :angry::angry::angry:

I'm waiting to hear what Hughesy says.

No doubt he'll bemoan the players, without acknowledging WHO picked them and WHO organized them before the match.

No doubt he'll convince himself he is right too. This team is better than the team that went down. If we picked an attacking team and actually tried to pass the ball we might have half a chance. The manager is useless and he really has not got a clue. How come everyone on here, minus a few fruitloops, can all see where he is going wrong but he can't? We may as well forget the cup, even if we do get a win in the first leg, you can be sure in the second leg he'll play this kind of formation and 'tactics'.

Not one of them deserves credit apart from possibly Olsson and Hoilett but all in all the blame lies squarly with Allardyce.

He wont go no matter what but if we don't win the next 2 games I really think he should.

If it carries on like this then the fans will force him out.

Screaming that Allardyce should go isnt going to acheive anything. Its the lack of talent in the squad that is killing us. Sam's negative tactics are the same ones which worked fine for Hughes 3 years ago when we faced the bigger clubs. The problem is the team itself. The second half was an improvement but not by much. We looked second to City but at least we caused them problems. Losing like that is different to losing as we were in the first half.

If anyone can post a different team to the one Sam chose tonight, and i bet i can find 4/5 faults in it. Sam isnt doing well, but its as much to do with the lack of quality in the side as it is his tactics.

Oh, and Andrews is the worst footballer i have seen at this level. I hate this man with a passion. Awful.

The praise for N'Zonzi astounds me!

Gotta agree with you. So much anger towards Andrews yet so much praise towards N'Zonzi. Personally I wouldn't have either playing in my first team at the moment. They're not good enough to control the midfield especially when we're facing a relegation battle. I've no confidence in the pair together being first team starters.

I'd play Emerton and Dunn and have 2 actual strikers.

Screaming that Allardyce should go isnt going to acheive anything. Its the lack of talent in the squad that is killing us. Sam's negative tactics are the same ones which worked fine for Hughes 3 years ago when we faced the bigger clubs. The problem is the team itself. The second half was an improvement but not by much. We looked second to City but at least we caused them problems. Losing like that is different to losing as we were in the first half.

If anyone can post a different team to the one Sam chose tonight, and i bet i can find 4/5 faults in it. Sam isnt doing well, but its as much to do with the lack of quality in the side as it is his tactics.

Oh, and Andrews is the worst footballer i have seen at this level. I hate this man with a passion. Awful.

You are wrong. Look at the team that played Chelsea.

On the eve of the 2001/02 Worthington Cup semi-final, Rovers were in 15th with 22 points from 21 games. They'd just come off a run of P7 W1 D0 L6 in the league, including possibly the single worst performance of the 21st century (and there have been several candidates) a 3-0 defeat at home on Boxing Day to Sunderland. In the previous round of the cup they were the massive underdogs against a "Top Team" in Arsenal and Rovers prevailed.

This board was full of posts about the cup doesn't matter; we're going down; nothing can save us; the team has no talent; get rid of Souness.

This year the only things that seem to have changed in the 8 years since are the managers name, the "Top Team" dispatched has been Chelsea and a slightly better league position and marginally better league form (P7 W0 D4 L3).

Here's to a Carling Cup win and finishing 10th in the league.

• Backroom

Did you actually watch the game?

We had one tactic: HOOF.

Our formation was a giveaway to the style we were going to play tonight, and it didn't take a genius to predict that it wasn't going to work.

If there were such huge issues in our squad, why did Sam not address them in the summer? Why is he going around saying he doesn't want to add to the squad because we're good enough as it is? Why did we buy a million right backs in the summer and not address the midfield problem?

You can't just absolve Sam of all the blame. He's the manager, he picks the team. The same squad played better last season under his management, so what's changed this season?

A stodgy malaise has been creeping around Ewood for some time. To think that, after a decent break, THAT was the best that Allardyce and the players could offer is truly worrying. No heart, imagination, fight or pride. Did anyone else see Pedersen coming off the pitch, grinning as if his goal had wiped the slate clean and excused the usual woeful performance?

The club is obviously in a very difficult position. A bit more in the kitty and Sam would have been given his marching orders weeks ago. The current stuff is every bit as bad as Ince - at least under him we used to attack.

Things can't continue like this, more of the same and Ewood will turn on Allardyce and the board with a vengeance... and very justifiably so.

On the eve of the 2001/02 Worthington Cup semi-final, Rovers were in 15th with 22 points from 21 games. They'd just come off a run of P7 W1 D0 L6 in the league, including possibly the single worst performance of the 21st century (and there have been several candidates) a 3-0 defeat at home on Boxing Day to Sunderland. In the previous round of the cup they were the massive underdogs against a "Top Team" in Arsenal and Rovers prevailed.

This board was full of posts about the cup doesn't matter; we're going down; nothing can save us; the team has no talent; get rid of Souness.

This year the only things that seem to have changed in the 8 years since are the managers name, the "Top Team" dispatched has been Chelsea and a slightly better league position and marginally better league form (P7 W0 D4 L3).

We had a decent team then. (compared to now, at least.)

Forget the Semi-Final, Sunday is now a huge game for Rovers and should be the PRIORITY.

I couldn't agree more. I am starting to think beating Chelsea has been a big distraction.

The first half was something out of the Birmingham game and Paul Ince handbook. I had hoped the second half would pick up with the positive changes but the same problems yet again.

Keith Andrews!!! Get him away from the first team! He was as much to blame a Robbo for the that first goal, him backing into Robbo stopped him catching and also punching(although he may have done us a favour in taking out Andrews).

How can Richards be allowed to run 80 yards with no tackle being made on him. Andrews had the best chance and if he gave away the free kick then so be it.

The last 2 goals were brilliant finishes but the last was an awful throw in.

I worry about Samba and Nelsen as a combination, they don't work well. Givet needs to come in for one of them, even if it means thinking about the dreaded plan B of Samba up top. Chimbonda would have dealt with Bellers and Petrov a lot better tonight.

For me there were 3 players who gave a crap in the game. Dunn, Di Santo and N'Zonzi. None of the others had a bit of desire.

I said it to my mate at 2-0 down, I couldn't care less about the cup now, I want us to give our all in every premiership game from now to the end of the season. I can only see things getting worse if we beat Villa, an even bigger distraction for players who need no excuse.

The only plus is that we weren't expected to get anything today. Big negative is that is game 21 and we are on 21 points, 3 away from the drop!

The Board need to find cash from somewhere, I don't care where but we need £5m to £10m to spend on players who are proven at this level. Makes turning down £3m for Andrews look amazingly stupid.

Did you actually watch the game?

We had one tactic: HOOF.

Our formation was a giveaway to the style we were going to play tonight, and it didn't take a genius to predict that it wasn't going to work.

If there were such huge issues in our squad, why did Sam not address them in the summer? Why is he going around saying he doesn't want to add to the squad because we're good enough as it is? Why did we buy a million right backs in the summer and not address the midfield problem?

You can't just absolve Sam of all the blame. He's the manager, he picks the team. The same squad played better last season under his management, so what's changed this season?

urgh. I never absolved Sam from all the blame. I said that it is AS MUCH to do with how poor our individual players are as it is his negative tactics. Has he done well over the past 1/2 months? No. But at the same time there are players out there who should play a heck of a lot better then they are now.

I dont think it mattered whether we played 442 or 451 because we're just not good enough to beat teams like Man City any more. Our players are just bad. The manager has to take responsibility but i look at that squad tonight and think what would i have done differently, and quite frankly there wasnt that much i would have changed.

He has no money to buy decent enough players who could make a big impact, therefore he's obviously going to say that he's happy with the way it is.

Glass half full post.BRB

The big difference then was that we had players who could play, players that made you jump up from your seat when they recieved the ball, Players prepared to shed blood for the cause.

Oh for a Duff, Jansen, Short, Flitcroft now.

Archived