BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] City Away - Monday 11 January 2010

The weird thing is that I thing we have the ability to play a bit. After our goal we attacked with a purpose for a bit and forced corners one of which should have been a N'onzi goal.

Players need to have confidence that they are playing to a system they believe in and that an attitude that says EVERY game is winnable. If it aint working in their head it sure wont work in their feet.

As we all know, as soon as you lose confidence, the ball will run against you, decisions will go against you and it is a slippery slope.Sam needs to rebuild their confidence and if he cant do that with his legendary motivational powers then both we and he are done for.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andrews was no worse and no better than any other Rovers player tonight. Get off the man's back! Stop the bullying!

Um, yeah, except he was at fault for the mix-up with Robbo that led to the ball being stuck in the back of our net. Aside from that, just more of the same old Keef.

Bollux. That was just humiliating.

The three subs seemed to make a difference when they came on in the second half. Young, hungry and with something to prove.

Their attitude was first class, unlike some of the old guard. The been there, seen it, done it brigade that just don't seem to be arsed.

That's why I think Sam needs to start the young guys. They are, for the most part, the only players out their fighting for the team. Our 'experienced' players look like they'd rather be having their nails done.

Most of what I've been thinking has been posted so no good repeating it, however I honestly believe we could field a good competetive side providing they'd been motivated and allowed to attack.I'm convinced that all the problems are stemming from Sams tactics and he's clearly controlling how he wants them to play.I'm mainly talking about the midfield and so called front two.Many people on here have commented on his negative or one dimensional football and I agree.His tactics are glaringly obvious in as much as he has never(unless my memory is wrong) played Kalinic and Di Santo together with possibly a third striker such as Benni and the reason I believe is that he wants Di Santo to play a certain way and Kalinic to do the same when Di Santo is not playing.We all know that he just designates Di Santo to try to intercept the "hoof balls" which Sam must have instructed everyone to do at every opportunity and we all know it's not working.IMO it needs someone (I don't think Sam will)to really motivate the team and let them play attacking football. I believe Di Santo and Kalinic in particular are being stifled by trying to be one man bands up front and would show their true worth if playing together with another striker.The best formation and attacking football came when Rovers played the 4-3-3 system while Sam was in hospital and either someone (Macdonald?) motivated them or just the fact that they were allowed to play attacking football was enough motivation by itself.I'd love to see that again but I don't think Sam is ever going to change his "tactics" and his arrogance and refusing to change in the face of such heavy defeats is I believe management failure.

I agree that there are some players who should not be playing but there names have been mentioned many times and you know who they are and they should go. However we do have some decent players who are not performing but I am convinced they are capable of better, given the right formations tactics and motivation.

Without that happening very quickly it's obvious where we are heading.

Ah here he comes!

Based on last season I still believe he is moving us forward...however with our resources its taking too long and he needs some extra backing from the board. We need to shift some of the muppets like Andrews, Roberts, Reid now and get new blood in.

Ince I backed until I saw fit - I dont believe in knee-jerk reactions based on a few results like yours truly.

As for Sam - Last season we were bottom, now we are 13th. Iv seen many missed points and opportunities this season, however Iv also seen some awful performances (Everton & Tonight being the worst 2). Like I said before 2 more league games to decide his future.

Like others have said - I cannot see anyone who is better prepared to take over and change us around, we have too much crap which has been signed in the past and needs shifting!!

But go on LD the stage is yours - what would you do/ appoint?

Hmm...what would I do...

Firstly, as has been said earlier I'd get Allardyce in first thing and ask him to explain the performances over the past couple of months and why there has been such a poor return of points from games that HE said we had targetted to win.

I'd mention to him the growing unrest within the fans and the fact that it's his 'style' of football that is causing it and that if it was getting results it'd be acceptable but it's not.

I'd question why I allowed myself to be railroaded into buying 3 right backs - one on 40k+ a week who never plays.

I'd ask him why his marquee signing Kalinic never starts games and also why he keeps saying he needs time when he stated himself at the time he was only in the market for players who could come straight in to the side.

I'd then get a delegation of senior players (Nelsen, Dunn, Samba) and try to find out if they really are 'behind' the manager and (more importantly) how they feel about his 'style' of play.

I'd then (in my own mind) give him the next two league games and make a decision based on them.

As for replacements, it's without doubt a tough call and all names are open to ridicule. Clark at Huddersfield and Grayson at Leeds are performing well but follow the failed Ince model, Souness is available but was abysmal here in his final months. Megson , Jewell etc are all failures and shouldn't come anywhere near the club. So, unless we take a punt on Clark, Grayson or even O'Driscoll there's only the foreign route to go down with Jol, Laudrup, Ten Cate or maybe Trappatoni would be interested?? Who knows. Lack of finance is obviously an issue but is our squad any worse than Stoke or even Fulham?

What I do know is that the current malaise cannot be allowed to continue and either Allardyce has to change or he has to be changed. It really is that simple but John Williams has to get involved. Now.

Hmm...what would I do...

Firstly, as has been said earlier I'd get Allardyce in first thing and ask him to explain the performances over the past couple of months and why there has been such a poor return of points from games that HE said we had targetted to win.

I'd mention to him the growing unrest within the fans and the fact that it's his 'style' of football that is causing it and that if it was getting results it'd be acceptable but it's not.

I'd question why I allowed myself to be railroaded into buying 3 right backs - one on 40k+ a week who never plays.

I'd ask him why his marquee signing Kalinic never starts games and also why he keeps saying he needs time when he stated himself at the time he was only in the market for players who could come straight in to the side.

I'd then get a delegation of senior players (Nelsen, Dunn, Samba) and try to find out if they really are 'behind' the manager and (more importantly) how they feel about his 'style' of play.

I'd then (in my own mind) give him the next two league games and make a decision based on them.

As for replacements, it's without doubt a tough call and all names are open to ridicule. Clark at Huddersfield and Grayson at Leeds are performing well but follow the failed Ince model, Souness is available but was abysmal here in his final months. Megson , Jewell etc are all failures and shouldn't come anywhere near the club. So, unless we take a punt on Clark, Grayson or even O'Driscoll there's only the foreign route to go down with Jol, Laudrup, Ten Cate or maybe Trappatoni would be interested?? Who knows. Lack of finance is obviously an issue but is our squad any worse than Stoke or even Fulham?

What I do know is that the current malaise cannot be allowed to continue and either Allardyce has to change or he has to be changed. It really is that simple but John Williams has to get involved. Now.

Absolutely spot on.

Utter rubbish - I go into most games at the moment expecting to lose and my main hope is that we at least try and show some spirit / fight / desire and even in this Im disappointed. Our 'gameplan' is obvious, playuers playing above their level and others who we know will leave looking like they already have.

Relegation fodder at the moment and we will struggle in the Championship with the dross we have at the moment.

I do not know what to think, can we afford to let big sam go, who is avilable to relace him.

However the team patterm of playt is going dowm hill, and the big boot up field and chase it, as never won anything long term.

LIverpool in the 80s played both the long and short ball football and musr team that win do that.

Midfield needs to be sorted, however that has ben said for the month few months and nothing has ben been done.

what ever happems it is going to be a hard choice to make and will have a majior inpact on the team, lets hope the powers that be get it right

Could anyone imagine Micah Richards gliding through our midfield/defence with Flitcroft/Neill or Todd playing. He would have been taken out big style and they would have taken a yellow card for their trouble.

We have lost that aggression that we used to have and I am getting sick and tired of the pundits/experts keep harping on about.."Sam's team is always well organised and difficult to beat or play against".

Absolute rubbish...these days we are a soft touch and everyone knows it. :angry2:

Hmm...what would I do...

Ok thanks - thats fine. Very well thought out, and very similar to what id do. However if I was JW - I would probably tell Sam to get rid of several high earners such as Reid, one right back and Zurab NOW! We wouldnt miss them and it would help the process of reducing our wage bill, or bring in 1 or 2 fresh faces.

So it wouldnt be a knee-jerk from you and sack him now? You would give him the next 2 games to prove his salt? At least we agree on that then!

As for Laudrup & Ten Cate - WHY do people keep mentioning them? Laudrup was sacked in his last job after just 7 months...Ten Cate after 18 months or so - with clubs in far weaker leagues!

I would probably tell Sam to get rid of several high earners such as Reid, one right back and Zurab NOW! We wouldnt miss them and it would help the process of reducing our wage bill, or bring in 1 or 2 fresh faces.

The problem is we could get rid of them, but who is buying? I don't see a queue outside Ewood of people waiting to sign any player. We'd probably only sign another right back anyway.

This would be first on the agenda this morning if I was Williams. Bring the likes of Nelsen, Samba, Dunn and even Robbo into my office and get to the bottom of it. Are they behind him? Has he lost the players? Would you prefer a different guy in? etc.

And then go from here. IF he has lost the players support and respect then there's only one outcome.

If I was looking for a new manager now I would bring in both Craig Short and Henning Berg as a joint management team, both played for the club and both seem to be doing ok in Norwy and Hungary respectively!!

I feel we need young management now, the older school are now past their sell by date, even Fergie is going backwards now!!

Alternatively we could try McDonald and push Sam upstairs!! maybe that would be cost effective!

No Gordon, you're upset about the result, and that always brings the goldfish comment out.

The semi final is a must win. If we approach it like we approached tonight, "emotive" will be the most polite word on this mb.

I'd argue that I'm one of the least emotive on here Tris! Maybe TCO got both barrells cos I'd watched the match .... and beyond in't pub and come home to find that the standards of hysterical girly claptrap on here last night had reached new levels.... with the vast majority offering no valid suggestions whatsoever.

btw

Sounds like you agree with TCO that a combination of a sticky fingered Souness and an unqualified terrace hero is the answer?

The problem is we could get rid of them, but who is buying? I don't see a queue outside Ewood of people waiting to sign any player. We'd probably only sign another right back anyway.

People would sign them if available for free, just not for a fee + high wages! Offer them out for free, or offer the players mutual splits.

If I was looking for a new manager now I would bring in both Craig Short and Henning Berg as a joint management team, both played for the club and both seem to be doing ok in Norwy and Hungary respectively!!

That is a massive risk! We took a risk with Ince and thats what has had a massive effect on us!

I can't wait to see the back of Pedersen. He played well for a dozen games and then tried his very best to engineer a move away. When this didn't come to fruition, he turned to crap and has been ever since.

I wanted to punch him when he started celebrating his goal at 3-0 down.

Good goal though. And a second shortly after would have seen City hanging on imo and completely changed the emphasis in the last 10. Personally I'm pleased for him, both his goals have been good and it can only help his confidence which seems for so long to have been at rock bottom.

Odd how things can turn out though. The players receiving most criticisms i.e. Diouff and MGP have scored recently whilst the star men haven't. :blink:

Hmm...what would I do...

OK

OK

IRRELEVANT. WE MUST LOOK FORWARD NOT BACK. HUGHESY ASKED WHAT YOU WOULD DO.

IRRELEVENT

NOT SURE ABOUT THAT. YOU'D BE UNDERMINING THE MANAGERS AUTHORITY.

FUDGING LD. GIVE US THE ALTERNATIVES THAT YOU MUST HAVE IN YOUR MIND.

HARDLY AN AWE INSPIRING LIST IS IT? I'D IMAGINE ALEX FERGUSON WITH WENGER AS 1ST TEAM COACH WOULD STRUGGLE TO GET OUR IMPOVERISHED SQUAD PAST HALF WAY. I DOUBT ANY OF THE FOREIGNERS WOULD BE INTERESTED ANYWAY. CAN YOU SEE ANY IMPROVEMENT ON WHAT WE HAVE GOT OR SHOULD WE JUST SPEW £3M SEVERENCE PAY ON A HUNCH? REM IT'S YOUR DECISION.

? JOHN WILLIAMS SHOULD BE INVOLVED IN THE BUSINESS EVERY DAY IT'S HIS JOB. HE MUST NOT GET INVOLVED IN THE TEAM THOUGH. THAT IS NOT HIS JOB.

UNFORTUNATELY MR WILLIAMS NOT SAM ALLARDYCE IS THE ONE WHO FOR WHATEVER REASONS HAS CASHED IN ON OUR BEST PLAYERS OVER THE PAST TWO YEARS. YET AGAIN WE SEE MISTAKES FROM ROBINSON LEADING TO GOALS THAT BRAD FREIDEL WOULD NOT HAVE MADE. VIEWED IN THAT LIGHT THE STANDARD PRO ROBBO ARGUMENT THAT HE IS YOUNG AND WILL BE BETTER THAN FREIDEL IN 5 YEARS IS LUDICROUS.

The Fulham match next Sunday is Last Chance Saloon for Allardyce.

If we don't win that then i want him out of our club.

Then what Ben?

I wouldn't be too disappointed to go down to come up again...we've a shed load of good young players like Judge, Doran, Hoilett etc...who need to be given a chance to excite the crowd and I think this has to happen in the Championship. It happened before with the likes of Dunn, Duff, Jansen coming through and taking it on into the Premiership with good flowing football....I've had enough of this dross every week and want something done about it.....Shearer in charge, us in the championship and time to get the team spot on..... :rover:

Archived