BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Complete Basturk Deal

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Stuttgart season ticket holder friend of mine has said he is completely knackered injury wise. Great player, but he is finished. :(

I got slagged off for questioning this one but that is exactly what I have been hearing as well.

Vogel didn't work, Salgado isn't working, perhapd Basturk will confound the folks who have been watching him and wrote him off in a way the other two haven't done.

Vogel didn't work, Salgado isn't working, perhapd Basturk will confound the folks who have been watching him and wrote him off in a way the other two haven't done.

At least it's only a six month loan so he's not going to be sitting around for ages like Vogel if it goes wrong.

It's obviously not costing us much because we know how tight our budget is. Balancing up risk vs. reward, it's definitely a punt worth taking for me, because it it comes off it could be brilliant.

At least it's only a six month loan so he's not going to be sitting around for ages like Vogel if it goes wrong.

It's obviously not costing us much because we know how tight our budget is. Balancing up risk vs. reward, it's definitely a punt worth taking for me, because it it comes off it could be brilliant.

Not quite. He's OUR player. On a 6month deal, pay as you play. He was a free agent, or so I thought was being said on the screen last night.....

A Stuttgart season ticket holder friend of mine has said he is completely knackered injury wise. Great player, but he is finished. :(

lad i know who is stuttgart fan changed his facebook status to ...thanks sam allerdyce for taking mr useless ,please dont ever send him back.....i emailed him and asked him if he meant it and he said (same lad who said roque would be injured all the time) he did hes gone downhill and more injury prone than croque and is gonna by me a pint (if i start drinking again) at wemb-elway for rovers taking him to our hospital bed...

before im accused of negatives ,im just saying thats all .

i emailed him and asked him if he meant it and he said (same lad who said roque would be injured all the time) he did hes gone downhill and more injury prone than croque

Croque who ended up having an excellent and fairly injury-free season before making us a colossal profit before his injuries actually kicked in? Wouldn't half mind some more of that.

(And yes, I know we're hardly going to make 15 million on Basturk, if anything, but a pay as you play is perfect for an injury-prone player...minimal risk, might stay injury-free for a while and be good for us)

Am I the only one to think we should be signing some English players? Off to the Spuds Boiling thread for some cheer.

Have you ever heard, about over priced English players? Guti showed against Malaga, that he could walk and still split the defence with a super pass. Basturk can do the same, as Tugay showed when he was here, that age is nothing but a number.

just out of curiosity I know others have said Basturk is an attacking midfielder does that mean he could maybe play up front as an out and out striker?. Could he also play a david dunn type role in the hole behind the striker?. Could he also play in a 4-2-3-1 in the middle of the 3 supporting the striker?. If so it would explain his versatility and his ability to fill in wherever in midfield/striking positions. I don't think Tugay would put us onto a duff player to even suggest that is crazy as the guy is a legend in these parts!.

The guy was at his best one of the worlds best. But that was 4-5 years ago and he has been out of the picture for a long time. If it works, then we will have a class player at hand.

I just commented on the Sam Allardyce thread reference my disappointment in his failure to find the have-beens-and-might-be-agains that he used to be so popular for among Bolton fans. I hope I spoke too soon!

Croque who ended up having an excellent and fairly injury-free season before making us a colossal profit before his injuries actually kicked in? Wouldn't half mind some more of that.

(And yes, I know we're hardly going to make 15 million on Basturk, if anything, but a pay as you play is perfect for an injury-prone player...minimal risk, might stay injury-free for a while and be good for us)

So hes gonna bang goals in then? BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....just seeing if your awake yet? :tu:

Archived