BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Complete Basturk Deal

Basturk is a number of years younger than salgado he is also a player with immense ability on the ball and has excellent vision, do you ever lose that?we need to get him fit and if we can then he will be a top player for us.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might as well as that is probably where BS will end up playing him (position)

I hope he get's a different shirt though, Benni's old one will be a bit stretched in places and will stink of eau de mercenary

I'm genuinelly excited at this signing! Well done BS

I'm happy with this season. I remember watching a lot of him when he was at Bayern Leverkusen and always thought that he was a class player. I remember him being technically very good, very skillful, good passer and being able to beat a man. I also remember that great Turkey team from the 2002 World Cup, with the likes of Hasan Şaş, Tugay and Emre and Basturk and thought what a good player he was and how I wished we'd go after a player like that. I'm not expecting miracles from him, but he could be a good bit of business for us. It will be interesting to see where Sam plays him.

He was once a supremely gifted player, the 5 man midfield with him and Tugay in tandem at the 2002 World Cup would great to watch.

If he still has 50% of the ability he had back then he will improve our midfield ten-fold.

Part of this reminds me of the Vogel signing - proven quality, just crossed 30, not many games in the last year or so etc etc...but on paper Vogel was a very good signing by Hughes, it just didn't quite work out. Hopefully this one will.

Still don't think that Vogel's "legs had gone" when he was playing well at the tail-end of the 07/08 season. I suspect he was one of the bad eggs involved with the mutiny under Ince.

Still don't think that Vogel's "legs had gone" when he was playing well at the tail-end of the 07/08 season. I suspect he was one of the bad eggs involved with the mutiny under Ince.

I remember in that game we shouldve beat Man U in towards the tail end of that season, he was the star of the show in terms of our outfield players (Brad's performance being the best, obviously).

Quality signing, he is exactly what everyone has been bitching about not replacing, the new Tugay. He might be injury prone but when fit he will be one of the best creative midfeilders in the league.

Comparisons to Vogel are unfair, he was more of a holding midfeilder and he was also purchased under the Ince regime. Vogel would have been a much different player under BFS.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Basturk in action. The club have done well in announcing Dunn's contract and the Basturk deal in quick succession of the news stories surrounding Benni Big Mac.

Now if we can just add Hoillett to a new contract too.

Doesn't that make him a good egg?!!

No.

I think he was decent too.

Archived