SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton (Home) Preview

jrabrfc

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Backed down a bit. Wonder why?

Saying that there are unhappy players is not an 'opinion.' You presented it as a fact. When it came to the crunch it was idle mutterings.

I will repeat the sentence which you have become precious about.

I've spoken to quite a few unhappy Piggies in the last few days who talk about player unhappiness, and who suggest that Megson would have kept them up.

It is exactly as it says, football supporters having a chat about their teams, their respective managers, the match. To be honest I was rather surprised at their comments about Megson keeping them up, especially given the animosity shown to him.

But after seeing them on Sunday I could see where they are coming from. A team bereft of ideas with mixed styles on display. Is whatever honeymoon period already over at Bolton?

As I said, you do seem rather sensitive about this. I wonder why?

As regards, backing down, I couldn't care less about Bolton, my team is Blackburn Rovers. I took offence to your description of their display on Sunday as "ugly".

You still seem to want to either ignore or deflect the use of this word. But that is your style isn't it? I don't suppose that you have ever seen anybody else's point of view or backed down.

I can accept Rovers supporters who pay/have paid their money, criticising and deciding not to follow the product on offer, but not some Scottish red top journo chancer.

End of as far as I am concerned, to finish with some scriptures that your mate seems to like, "some fell on stony ground"!

3 points - Thats all that matters!!!!!!!

Look at our current form though with local teams:

3-2 v Burnley

0-2 v Burnley at their ground (Niko Double) ;-)

0-2 v Bolton

3-0 v Bolton

1-1 v Wigan

2-1 v Wigan

Some good points there and I also read somewhere I think we only been beat of 1 team in bottom half of the league (Don't know if they meant at home tho) We simply do enough and have a good nack of beating teams we should - hence Fulham, Wigan, Hull & Bolton all at home I didn't expect 12 I thought anythin above 8 was a bonus... But credit where it is due Sam knows how to win the big games, and he is effective :)

Top 10 finish ;)

I will repeat the sentence which you have become precious about.

I've spoken to quite a few unhappy Piggies in the last few days who talk about player unhappiness, and who suggest that Megson would have kept them up.

It is exactly as it says, football supporters having a chat about their teams, their respective managers, the match. To be honest I was rather surprised at their comments about Megson keeping them up, especially given the animosity shown to him.

But after seeing them on Sunday I could see where they are coming from. A team bereft of ideas with mixed styles on display. Is whatever honeymoon period already over at Bolton?

As I said, you do seem rather sensitive about this. I wonder why?

As regards, backing down, I couldn't care less about Bolton, my team is Blackburn Rovers. I took offence to your description of their display on Sunday as "ugly".

You still seem to want to either ignore or deflect the use of this word. But that is your style isn't it? I don't suppose that you have ever seen anybody else's point of view or backed down.

I can accept Rovers supporters who pay/have paid their money, criticising and deciding not to follow the product on offer, but not some Scottish red top journo chancer.

End of as far as I am concerned, to finish with some scriptures that your mate seems to like, "some fell on stony ground"!

Did it really take you 90 minutes to think that up...well done.

Which Piggies were they again? The ones who went to market or the ones who stayed at home?

The only lost 1 to bottom half teams stat is wrong but must of been based on home & away....We have only lost to Sunderland & Stoke away out of the bottom half....None of them have won at our place!

Which Piggies were they again? The ones who went to market or the ones who stayed at home?

The one that went wee, wee, wee all the way home!

As long as the word "ugly" is used there'll never be agreement on here. It's whether we're a long ball team or not that's the real debate.

If we take away Robbo's half way line bombs into the area and Ped's continual long throws, then, IMO we don't play any more long ball than most other teams. Earlier this season and for the most of last season - IMO - we were a long ball team. We have changed though, because we are playing much more football along the ground than we did.

It's Robbo's bombs and Ped's throws that will keep us with that tag.

Did it really take you 90 minutes to think that up...well done.

Just been watching on tv a rare breed. A clever footballer, and more surprising is that he plays for Burnley!

Only one Bolton player I'd swap, Jaaskelainen, now he doesn't look very happy at present ;)

I've just seen the trotters on the wrong end of more "ugly" football tonight.

I wonder what OC's spin doctor will have to say on this?

Jaaskelienen just isnt making the saves for them nowadays, then theres Ricketts and Knight giving him the full cover that a chocolate fireguard provides. Their midfield looks worse than ours up front the goals have dried up - big problems.

O, and a rookie manager out of his depth :o This isnt a good time to be a wanderer.

Never have, never will...and I would be pretty sure that cuts both ways.

For your info, Sam's quotes about 'perceptions' etc came directly after the Bolton game and NOT after reading any match report.

I thought it was an odd thing to say, but he usually does things for a reason.

I think that reason will be apparent shortly.

;)

Backed down a bit. Wonder why?

Saying that there are unhappy players is not an 'opinion.' You presented it as a fact. When it came to the crunch it was idle mutterings.

I ain't backed down,

You wrote masters of ugly

ever since you have been questioned about it you have patently not used the term again in any reply

I repeat

you are in UGLY denial

get some therapy man

:lol:

Jaaskelienen just isnt making the saves for them nowadays, then theres Ricketts and Knight giving him the full cover that a chocolate fireguard provides. Their midfield looks worse than ours up front the goals have dried up - big problems.

O, and a rookie manager out of his depth :o This isnt a good time to be a wanderer.

That squad do not look like happy bunnies to me at all. :unsure: Also Coyle doesn't appear suited to coping with the pressure. He looks like he's aged 20 years this past 6 months. Despite residing in a lovely residence he looks like someone who's been living rough since Christmas.

Maybe nicko meant masters over ugly football. Gimme another 3-0 victory on the 28th of March using our mastery of ugly football and I'll be happy. I watched the game and found it to have a lot more quality than some of our showings of not too distant past.

I also found it funny how an outlet pass from Chelsea's keeper to Drogba for Drogba to score was described as something near miraculous, ours? well it's route one hoffball init.

Absolutely. That was my take also. It amazes me how presumably grown men profess to be offended by the word "ugly". We're acting like pre-teen girls playing dress up tea party and if everything isn't beautiful and perfect it counts as a disaster and the end of the world.

It's fairly obvious to me that the Rovers are not a collection of male models playing football's equivalent of Swan Lake on the pitch. That dubious honor goes to Arsenal.

Rovers football is the same as it has always been in recent years, pragmatic and effective. I have no doubt that Sam will improve things further next season and that there is an outside prospect that we'll be stretching for Europe next year and certainly the year after that. We are a solid workmanlike team, which sometimes plays plays 'ugly' football and sometimes not, and I, for one, am content with that.

I agree, it's a bit too easy to interpret words in a negative way as has been the case in the past on here. It has to be said though that it does draw ire from a lot of fans and understandably so.

One thing that has irked me personally is Olsson's goal against Hull the week before barely getting a mention in online match reports. I kept seeing headlines saying things like "a deflected Myhill own goal gives Blackburn the win". It just makes it sound like we were fortunate to win and the goal was a fluke. Why not say, "a brilliant deflected effort from young Martin Olsson earns Blackburn a deserved win" instead?

Same thing with nicko's article. He could've said our aerial prowess or brilliant crossing won us the game with all 3 goals involving headers to setup the goals, rather than "ugly" football.

I agree, it's a bit too easy to interpret words in a negative way as has been the case in the past on here. It has to be said though that it does draw ire from a lot of fans and understandably so.

One thing that has irked me personally is Olsson's goal against Hull the week before barely getting a mention in online match reports. I kept seeing headlines saying things like "a deflected Myhill own goal gives Blackburn the win". It just makes it sound like we were fortunate to win and the goal was a fluke. Why not say, "a brilliant deflected effort from young Martin Olsson earns Blackburn a deserved win" instead?

Same thing with nicko's article. He could've said our aerial prowess or brilliant crossing won us the game with all 3 goals involving headers to setup the goals, rather than "ugly" football.

All pigs watered and fed

and ready to fly

:D

Saw Sam's comments this morning and choked on my corn flakes...

On his side's recent performances and style...

'They’ve had to go back to basics and the pretty stuff goes out of the window until you start winning. They have been professional and dogged enough to slowly improve over recent weeks

‘They have not been as pretty and fluid as they could be but they have done the job and got the results they needed to get back in the pack.’

That match report must have been 'pretty' good then.

Now stop whining. Check back to the Mirror eport of the Olsson goal and breathe...

Rovers took the precious victory with a goal of stunning quality. Young Swedish left back Martin Olsson took a pass on the run, hit the by-line and somehow slid a shot through Boaz Myhill from the tightest of angles.

Myhill was disgusted with himself for the mistake, but could be slightly forgiven as Olsson took everyone by surprise with the ambition and accuracy of his shot

'They’ve had to go back to basics and the pretty stuff goes out of the window until you start winning. They have been professional and dogged enough to slowly improve over recent weeks

‘They have not been as pretty and fluid as they could be but they have done the job and got the results they needed to get back in the pack.’

Pretty sure he was talking about Liverpool with those comments....

Pretty sure he was talking about Liverpool with those comments....

And I thought he was looking in the mirror. ;)

The point is all teams go back to basics and cut out the pretty stuff as they try to chase results at this time of year.

Nothing to be ashamed of.

So you are off the hook then? A narrow squeak but well done, the background grovelling must have worked. :tu:

You obviously took my earlier warning on board and have reallised where your bread is buttered in these parts. Can I suggest a change of board name?

How does "Teflon Nixon" sound? B)

Now stop whining. Check back to the Mirror eport of the Olsson goal and breathe...

Rovers took the precious victory with a goal of stunning quality. Young Swedish left back Martin Olsson took a pass on the run, hit the by-line and somehow slid a shot through Boaz Myhill from the tightest of angles.

Myhill was disgusted with himself for the mistake, but could be slightly forgiven as Olsson took everyone by surprise with the ambition and accuracy of his shot

Who said I was talking about the Mirror in my comments about Olsson's goal?

Who said I was talking about the Mirror in my comments about Olsson's goal?

Just making sure you weren't mistaken.

So you are off the hook then? A narrow squeak but well done, the background grovelling must have worked. :tu:

You obviously took my earlier warning on board and have reallised where your bread is buttered in these parts. Can I suggest a change of board name?

How does "Teflon Nixon" sound? B)

How wrong you would be.

On all counts.

You were wrong though--ironically! TV replays showed that it was an intended cross and actually travelling away from goal when it hit Myhill's leg. That's why it will stand as an own goal. Still brilliant stuff from Olsson though.

Archived