BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Away Preview

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rovers played well, Chimbonda had a few terrible passes and Robinson probably should not have let in the second goal but all in all good performance. In my opinion Liverpool was just as dirty if not more dirty throughout the entire game, very scrappy and any chance to dive or be physical was taken. Also, I thought it was in poor taste when Torres tried to carry on playing with the dead ball that Samba left to go out of bounds. No major complaints from me, and I don't think think there should be any from Liverpool fans either.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics/0,,12306,00.html

Fact we are FIFTH in the league for Yellow and red cards with:

40 Yellow

2 red

Liverpool?

43 yellow

5 red

Liverpool also have Mascherano with 55 fouls (5th in the league) and Lucas (20th) with 41!

What was Rafa saying about style of football? :wstu:

Infuriates me, I worked out that the starting 11 for Rovers cost about £19 million, whereas Torres alone cost more than that!

Hope sam comes out in reply to the fat greasy waiter and tells him about some FACTS about how much money he has spent in comparison to liverpool they don't exactly play in a free flowing barcelona style themselves.

There was a few challenges where reds might have been handed out but to send off nzonzi would have been very harsh chimbonba prob should have walked but to mock and use his barcelona comments to try and belittle our team is shocking coming from the manager who out of the so called big four plays the most boring negitive football of the lot despite spending millions a season on players maybe barcelona should abandon trying to play our way and adopt a liverpool type set up.

Shame we didn't equalise at the end with the Samba chance, a draw would of probably been a fair result on the whole.

Couldn't believe it when we won a penalty at the Kop end. I was even more shocked when I saw Andrews place it on the spot and put it away. Took a lot of guts that and even though it wasn't the best penalty in the world, it still went in. Unfortunately Andrews didn't do much more other than give the ball away and conceed free kicks.

Sloppy 2nd goal to conceed, if we got to half time at 1-1 then it may of swung more our way with the scouse having to open up more leaving them vulnerable on the break. Liverpool didn't really create much and we had some decent chances.

Another Rafa rant, he's clearly under pressure and deluded in some waiter kind of way. I think one of Spurs, Villa or City will take 4th this season.

Another Rafa rant, he's clearly under pressure and deluded in some waiter kind of way. I think one of Spurs, Villa or City will take 4th this season.

I hope they don't finish fourth but looking at their remaining games (Wigan, Portsmouth, Man Utd, Sunderland, Birmingham, Fulham, West Ham, Burnley, Chelsea, Hull City) with the exception of Man Utd and Chelsea all the rest you'd expect Liverpool to win unfortunately :(

Birmingham away hopefully will be tough for them

Ye hopefully, Tottenham have the most difficult run. I looked into this @ the weekend hoping I would do better in fantasy footy. Instead I got 27 points :(

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics/0,,12306,00.html

Fact we are FIFTH in the league for Yellow and red cards with:

40 Yellow

2 red

Liverpool?

43 yellow

5 red

Liverpool also have Mascherano with 55 fouls (5th in the league) and Lucas (20th) with 41!

What was Rafa saying about style of football? :wstu:

Infuriates me, I worked out that the starting 11 for Rovers cost about £19 million, whereas Torres alone cost more than that!

Spot on, our bookings record this season has been very low, but last night some of the challenges our players made were downright foolish. Only positive I can think of is that they are committed to the manager and showed it by sticking it up the Liverpool players following Sam's comments about Rafa.

Nonetheless, some really stupid fouls on our end. It ruined what was otherwise a fairly good game and very good performance, especially in the first half. The refereeing performance was baffling though.

Liverpool is full of divers. Can't touch the fairies.

Very annoying the way their fans scream every time they fall, too.

No kidding, they'd be great at netball.

Think you've said this before - I've watched netball for years and they don't pussy foot around, or fall over easily, if at all. Can't quite make out what you are getting at there.

My god anyone else really worried when he stood up for that pen?

Very. He got hold of the ball and wouldn't let anyone else have it as far as I could make out.

2-1 torres............route 1 football, givet caught out of position and then robbo out of his goal!

The ball was going in the net the minute Robbo made that decision to run out of his goal. Torres doesn't spurn chances like that.

Such a bitter man Philip. You have made yourself look foolish.

I knew Andrews would score. He must be thought highly of to be given penalty duties.

See earlier remark re Andrews

Yes, the same Salgado that can now barely run and we stuck him in against Torres, one of the fastest players in the world. That just does not work in any way imaginable. Maybe in midfield he can do a job, but at the back he has no chance.

Eh? Salgardo was one of our best players. He was everywhere and made an absolute nuisance of himself. More, please.

N'zonzi really lucky, some immaturity there that almost sees him sent off.

He has been asking for trouble with his attitude for the last several matches. He needs a Sam type talking to.

My god the scousers are falling and rolling at every opportunity and the crowd really getting on our backs for every challenge we put in, just goes to show they havent had much to cheer about recently.

Didn't seem to feel they had much to sing about, either. Apart from the usual dirge of Liverpool, Liverpool etc etc and 'When the Saints' (since when have Scousers been Saints??????)they didn't make much noise at all.

Agreed. Liverpool for were there for the taking today especially after playing on Thursday night - Sam's comments below

"We can moan about the defending but the quality of their players is what Liverpool are about and why they are at the top of the league most seasons and we didn't have that, so sadly we have not managed to get the result we deserve.

Not a very encouraging remark for the players, Sam. They've tried their best, did well and didn't get the rub of the green.

Nonetheless, I came away from Anfield really encouraged by what I had seen and believe that we will be a very strong outfit next season under Sam.

Absolutely. Bring it on.

Enjoyed the match, even got a free cuppa at half time, great welcome from friendly stewards and hugs on the way out. Nice to see a good showing of disabled supporters too.

It gave me great pleasure to see the obnoxious Mr Carragher severely rattled particularly in the closing moments of the game. If only he had been on the losing side...

Hope the lads keep it up - they weren't the ones 'rolling over' here. Nicko is fast becoming a legend, he's really getting stuck in. Only drawback is that as we still have Spurs, Man Utd, Arse and Chelsea to play; our card count is likely to escalate with the twerps who call themselves referees that we have to put up with.

p.s. heartened with news of Mr O'Neill's late season record, have a feeling we might get something out of the final match of the season at Villa.

What a prat Rafa is, particular since his team aren't exactly playing sterling stuff themselves. The few times I've seen on TV they've been anything but entertaining to watch.

Just seen the first half highlights on Sky and it appears it was all us, a lucky control for the first goal let Gerrard in and I don't know what Robbo was doing for their second which came as a result of a long-ball forward from the keeper (very Barca-esque indeed). Pedersen seemed to be at the centre of everything good going forward for us, really growing into this new central midfield position.

Keef's penalty was poor but it went in at least.

Liverpool play plenty of long ball to Torres from what i saw today and that fair play league (concept is a farce) shows we aren't one of the worst offenders when it comes to discipline on the pitch. Rafa, Wenger and Mourinho where the ones that started this blackeye Rovers bullshit that we are still tagged with by some parts of the media and some of the ref's, i've hated all three of them ever since.

Guest Kamy100

Just seen the highlights and my god how the hell did we manage to lose that game, pretty much dominated the first half (chance after chance), then did the same thing during the last 25 minutes. Gerrard got lucky with their first goal (his miscontrol knocked the ball straight into his path) and Robbo should have done better with their second goal.

As for Rafa, the guy has no class and his comments do not surprise me, we rattled them and he has to look for something to deflect the attention from yet another poor performance from his team.

Well done to the lads, hopefully we can maintain that level of performance in the remaining away games! Watch out Dingles we are coming for you!

Just saw Benitez's disgusting display of snide petulance in the post-match interview. Who the hell does he think he is? He made Sam look like f***ing Gandhi.

The great thing about the spic is he has turned Liverpool into turgid failures and the thick scouse still won't boo him.

Archived