BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Away Preview

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First goal, both N'zonzi and Keith come across when the ball is played wide, one should have stayed in the middle to cover gerrards run.

Definite penalty Carraghers lying on the ground and deliberately moves the ball away from our player with his arm.

Second Robbo should never have come out for it but I guess I thought he could make it. Love the way though no-one on here has mentioned why the covering defender don't get ball side of Torres and leave him free. Not just Robbo at fault there.

We've played well today and we're still in with a great chance of nicking a point.

We've done OK today, but I think Allardyce has got it wrong - again.

Last weekend we were p1ss poor in the first half overall - and only really started to play in the second, when we went 4-4-2 and, importantly, Grella came on. So what does the Expert do? Start the same as last week, and leave Grella out again - it didn't work at home against Bolton, so why is it going to work away at Liverpool?

Although we've played OK, I think we are hamstrung from the beginning when our two worst players (Diouf and Andrews) start games, a player who arguably played more part than anyone in a winning performance last week doesn't start, and we employ tactics that only a week previous had proven ineffective against a weaker team.

Yes, we haven't been disgraced today, but I think with a better starting 11, and more positive tactics we really could have got something. We're 2-1 down, we've got nothing to lose - why leave it so long to throw another striker on? Notice as soon as we go 4-4-2 the game starts to swing our way?

Diouf needs to calm down a bit, he does get picked on by ref's but he can't let it get to him as much

The ref has been pretty poor, he's been blowing at every physical contact between two players. It really ruins the game when we can't harass the opposition without giving away a foul. Wenger whinges about this all the time, but the truth is that not every club is blessed with such expensive and incredible talent such as Torres, so the only way to stop players like this is to make their life hell on the pitch. How are players supposed to do this if the ref blows for fouls for every little thing?

Because 4-5-1 would have worked Vs Bolton if we wanted a draw, we want a draw today so 4-5-1 is the right choice imo

Yeah, cos 4-5-1 has worked wonders for our away form. :rolleyes:

4-5-1, we go 2-1 down and are going nowhere. Now we've switched to 4-4-2 we're on top, but crucially already 2-1 down. Why do we have to wait to be behind before we start having a go? In a game like this that's virtually written off why not have a go from the start, see what happens? It's not rocket science is it?

Anyway, let's just hope our sudden positivity isn't too late and we can salvage something!

I remember him hitting it straight at the keeper...

You should have carried on watching it went in and everything :lol:

4-5-1, we go 2-1 down and are going nowhere. Now we've switched to 4-4-2 we're on top, but crucially already 2-1 down. Why do we have to wait to be behind before we start having a go? In a game like this that's virtually written off why not have a go from the start, see what happens? It's not rocket science is it?

You do remember we played awful when we played 4-4-2 a few months ago don't you?

Chimbonda will be getting banned soon now!

• Backroom

But according to most even the BBC we were on top at the start of the game until the goal.

Archived