BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Away Preview

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And for those questioning Capello, maybe this sort of thing is why Robbo doesn't get a call up, he's a good keeper but not reliable enough

Good point, except DAVID JAMES is in the squad.

Robinson's a good shot-stopper, but you always sense there's another cock-up around the corner.

keith andrews did bottle the penality - it was awful, just an even worse attempt to save it let it in.

why do we through away games?! robinson repeatedly has to take his fair share of the blame. what the hell was he doing?

other than that, we are playing quite well, particularly MGP.

i'm confident we could score again, but we have to cut out the crap. Give Torres a slight chance and he will take it, thats the difference between top teams and the rest

Why 1 up front again? The Bolton game summed our season nicely - first half, one up front, long ball, percentage, dross. Second half, 4-4-2, nice football in spells, opposition pinned back, several chances, comfortable win.

Wow maybe you should be watching or listening to the game, because your miles off on this one. First 20mins we bossed the game, just a shame we didn't convert a chance. Gerrard gets a lucky bounce and its 1-0. Weather a bit of a dodgy spell then back on top and get the equaliser, only for Robbo to have a senior moment and forget he is actually meant to be protecting the goal.

2-1 torres............route 1 football

Ugly football. Hopefully that is in the papers tomorrow!

Hopefully we can keep it going second half. 1-1 would have been a fair reflection on the game so far but for the defense going to sleep again.

wow. We have been playing at times some really good stuff up front, but the defense isn't worth to lick dogcrap from the sidewalk. And I am being as generous as I can be. No organization, no effort, nothing....Samba got skinned in the simplest of manners for the first goal, and Salgado and Olsson are midfielders, not defenders.

Agreed

They're getting way too much room down our left. We really need to do something over there - possibly switch Diouf and Hoillet over?

Andrews, bless him, really needs to come off now. Swap him for Dunn and let's really have a go at them.

Proud of the performance so far though.

• Backroom

Ball to hand according to the commentator on my link..

Both the BBC and Sky said he nudged it away on purpose. I havn't seen it but from the sound of it it can't be anything other than a yellow, maybe even a red if it stopped a goalscoring chance.

wow. We have been playing at times some really good stuff up front, but the defense isn't worth to lick dogcrap from the sidewalk. And I am being as generous as I can be. No organization, no effort, nothing....Samba got skinned in the simplest of manners for the first goal, and Salgado and Olsson are midfielders, not defenders.

Do us a favour, go away and support burnley.

Every one of your posts is awful, so much negativety, it's not warrented at all!!!!

Errr, that would be Salgado, who played 300+ games for Real and 50+ caps for Spain at right-back? :blink:

Yes, the same Salgado that can now barely run and we stuck him in against Torres, one of the fastest players in the world. That just does not work in any way imaginable. Maybe in midfield he can do a job, but at the back he has no chance.

It wasnt ball to hand thats for sure he was on the floor and moved the ball away with his hand, more of an intinct thing to do.

but why? the ball wasnt going anywhere as his body was in the way. its a yellow card. also why on earth did andrews take it? :S

Archived