BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Away Preview

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

??????????????? Engage brain before opening mouth ?

I'd have a word in Samba's ear - he needs to get his act together. We can't afford another lengthy suspension with Nelsen out for a while. I think he may have found himself on the subs bench today if Nelsen had been fit.

How about adding something of worth to the thread rather than engage in a personal attack? Andrews has been poor against the big four except for the home game against Liverpool when he was subbed on. What's your problem with that?

Just checked radio Lancs schedule for tomorrow and they not covering Rovers, anyone know where I can listen to the game?

Thanks

I was just listening to Radio Lancs and they said that they have 'every single kick of the ball' tomorrow from Anfield.

I fear some sort of defeat tomorrow.

I just hope we wear blue/white then at least we will look good while we are being beaten again.

Not the white and red please...or the shocking navy effort.

I somehow doubt the white and RED will make an appearance tomorrow for some reason. Blue and White very rarely clashes with Liverpool's home shirt as far as i can recall.

. . . I fancy a sneaky win with Kalinic keeping up the momentum and enhancing his growing reputation with a goal...heart over head says 1-0, late goal from Niko.

For whatever reason, I'm feeling confident about this game. Sam seems to be able to anticipate Rafa and get under his skin. Kalinic is a workhorse who doesn't quit. MGP is playing for contract terms. EHD seems confident and is good at winding up the Liverpool fans. Both Salgado and Robinson are on a good run of form and Givet is where he belongs. Olson's on a streak and Hoilet should be on a high from signing his new deal.

I wouldn't be the least surprised if the Rovers smash Liverpool. And what a boost for our next few games.

Smashing or hammering them is a bit unlikely imo. I do think though that we could sneak the win if we get our set piece delivery right, their zonal marking system will buckle and fall apart if tested.

"zonal marking"

did the Spanish waiter learn that in the restaurant?

:rover:

Leading from the front. Just a bit of psychology to lead from the front and show the players that he will not be intimidated and neither should they. Whether it works or it blows up in his face we will have to wait and see, it could be either.

But he's right about Benitez, Wenger and Mourhino whingeing. We've been on the receiving end of those poisonous gobshites since Souness was here, through Hughes to him (with only the meek apologist Ince providing a total contrast) as have Bolton, Sheff Utd, Stoke City and anybody else who dares to go head to head and toe to toe with them.

LIVERPOOL: Reina, Agger, Gerrard ©, Torres, Aurelio, Benayoun, Rodriguez, Kuyt, Mascherano, Lucas, Carragher.

Subs: Cavalieri (GK), Aquilani, Babel, Insua, Ngog, Kelly, Ayala.

ROVERS: Robinson, Salgado, Samba ©, Givet, Olsson, Hoilett, Andrews, Nzonzi, Pedersen, Diouf, Kalinić.

Subs: Brown (GK), Emerton, Dunn, Roberts, Grella, Di Santo, Chimbonda.

Liverpool's line-up is the strongest they've been able to put out in months. :rolleyes:

Can't see anything other than a Liverpool win, we are awful away from home and Liverpool really need to win this one on the back of City winning yesterday. But you never know we may cause a shock, we are due a big performance against one of the big teams you could say.

LIVERPOOL: Reina, Agger, Gerrard ©, Torres, Aurelio, Benayoun, Rodriguez, Kuyt, Mascherano, Lucas, Carragher.

Subs: Cavalieri (GK), Aquilani, Babel, Insua, Ngog, Kelly, Ayala.

ROVERS: Robinson, Salgado, Samba ©, Givet, Olsson, Hoilett, Andrews, Nzonzi, Pedersen, Diouf, Kalinić.

Subs: Brown (GK), Emerton, Dunn, Roberts, Grella, Di Santo, Chimbonda.

Come on you glory Rover boys....

Archived