BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Away Preview

Well, I'm glad that Rafa's coming out with comments about us being physical - I would rather us regain the tag of bully-boys against the big 4 than the meek capitulations and hammerings that we've endured against them in previous recent encounters. They won, but at least this time they know they've been in a game instead of a training session.

Now if only we could play less long ball and more short passing I'd be happier! The players CAN do it, we just need Sam to unshackle them a bit more.

EDIT: by the way, cracking ice hockey final in the Winter Olympics - go Canada! ;)

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huge shame we got nothing out of that one.

Liverpool were hanging on at the end and a great save by Reina from Samba. The stats show 12 shots each with Rovers having more on target and we bossed it for long periods. Gerard and Torres scoring for them says it all and sums up why they didn't get beaten.

Robinson had a very good game apart from that idiotic wandering out of his goal for the Torres goal- want to know why he isn't England's number 1? Summed up in that moment.

Most of the team was excellent but Andrews simply is not good enough at this level and got very lucky with his pen which was weakly struck and so close to Reina it passed under his waist. Chimbonda was not with it when he first came on and got the benefit of the doubt when he could have been sent off.

Other than that, Kalinic continues to shine (silly dive though), Grella did really well when he came on, Nzonzi looked the real deal, Givet was Mr Cool and huge plaudits to Diouf who is back to his best and to Samba who was utterly immense today. Hoilett and Olsson are going to be really good players for us.

The biggest plaudit is to Sam who set us up exactly as I hoped he would. We gave Liverpool a torrid time and silenced their crowd. On another day, we would have won that one.

Onwards and upwards.

Probably the best post,described the game and players spot on,re Andrews,he gives 100 per cent but is not quite good enough at this level,I think Sam is just waiting for Grella and Dunny to be properly fit and I think we will see these two in front of Andrews in the pecking order.,With Diouf and Pederson back on song we are looking pretty strong, buy a quality striker in the summer to play with Kalinic and we will be ok...........

If anyone wants to read some reaction from the opposition (and have a laugh at how ###### moronic scouse fans are) then check out Rawk:

Liverpool- Rovers Match Thread

Usual stuff about us being physical and no real credit for our performance today. Fair few fans wanting Sam to die :wacko:

Deluded Scousers or what.......... :blink::blink::lol:

"hate blackburn, hate allerdyce and hate the away he and his team play football. That shower of ###### would put a pub team to shame with their thuggish behaviour"

"Blackburn are the dirtiest @#/?s i've seen us play for a long time, practically their whole team got booked and it's a travesty that they didn't get at least one red card if not two or three"

"I am fuming and flabbergasted, why didn't the ref show a single red card is beyond me, absolutely beyond me. It was as if he wanted to see some blood before showing red"

• Backroom

We were unlucky to lose this one, really good away performance from the lads. I don't think the loss will dent our confidence too much, we matched liverpool.

Benitez post-match comments are quite funny. Your players have bruises and a few marks? Here I was thinking football was a physical game played by men :rolleyes:

N'Zonzi's push on Lucas was quality :D probably not the smartest thing to do but I laughed out loud when I saw it.

Now if only we could play less long ball and more short passing I'd be happier! The players CAN do it, we just need Sam to unshackle them a bit more.

EDIT: by the way, cracking ice hockey final in the Winter Olympics - go Canada! ;)

I actually like what Sam is doing for the squad. It looks as if they are finally believing in him and vice-versa. I think the Rovers are only going to get stronger and Liverpool weaker over the next few years.

And the ice hockey final was awesome. Disappointed that the USA didn't take the gold but they (and Canada) played an outstanding game.

Why did Motd miss out Olsson 40 yard shot, MGP's volley (although they showed it in the analysis)

Did you notice any comments about Liverpool's second being started by a long ball or hoofball?

Dixon on MOTD - Best he has seen Blackburn play for a long time, took the game to Liverpool. Blackburn played ever so well! :blink:

N'Zonzi's push on Lucas was quality :D probably not the smartest thing to do but I laughed out loud when I saw it.

Wasnt just me that enjoyed it then!! :lol::lol: Little scouse prick, sit down! ha ha - just a shame it wasnt Gerrard!

As for today - I think Samba showed a great deal today and I think he showed that he should be our captain....as soon as there was any sign of trouble he was straight to the ref, getting the captains word in and defusing the situation

Never seen highlights so bad in my life, they dont represent the match at all, im only glad Dixon said how good Rovers were because the highlights were a joke.

I have to say that the scousers are bewitched by Rafa because he really is a bad manager with no response or tactics, without the players he has Liverpool would be well down the league I only hope that City or spuds take the fourth place and they end up with nothing.

First goal, both N'zonzi and Keith come across when the ball is played wide, one should have stayed in the middle to cover gerrards run.

Definite penalty Carraghers lying on the ground and deliberately moves the ball away from our player with his arm.

Second Robbo should never have come out for it but I guess I thought he could make it. Love the way though no-one on here has mentioned why the covering defenders don't get ball side of Torres and leave him free. Not just Robbo at fault there.

We've played well today and we're still in with a great chance of nicking a point.

Dixon on MOTD - Best he has seen Blackburn play for a long time, took the game to Liverpool. Blackburn played ever so well! :blink:

Dixon on MOTD, more like Dixons been on here reading away!!!!

Well pleased with the performance today, guts, spirit and some football, keep it up lads.

Spanish Waiters Comments

Benitez replied: "We prefer to talk on the pitch.

"We can win on the pitch and enjoy. Some people have to talk before or after the press conference because it's more difficult for them to do a football job.

"I think he's a model for managers all around the world. I am sure his style of football, his behaviour - everything. It's the perfect model for all the kids.

"The style of football - I am sure Barcelona are thinking about copying the style."

One word - N0BHEAD

I am surprised at some people on here claiming the defender should have covered torres for his goal as many a pundit has always said Robbo should only come out of his area into that position if he knows he will 100% get the ball and suggesting our Niko dived I would like to remind some of you when a player pulls on an opponents shirt and tugs him back that is a clear foul no question looking at it time and time again that is definitely a penalty and the thing the FA need to do about is engage more with referees as some refs would have 100% given that penalty and have seen penalties given for that sort of tug on players in the box to even suggest Niko one of us would dive and cheat to gain an advantage is very short sighted of people and they have no idea of the character of the lad as that is definitely not in his game however it was a decent performance but for some clamitous keeping from Robbo for their 2nd goal we would definitely had a point from that game and would have deserved it thought Chris's shot at the end was in anyway showed we can play some good football when we want to hopefully we can take the good things into the Spurs game and hopefully get a good result.

Andrews played we lost what a surprise !

Dindnt see the useles ferker until he popped up to take a penalty. :tu: then we didnt see him again cheers Sam !

Yet another blinkered view imo its pathetic that no matter what mistakes others make you will always call Keith Andrews. An high pressure game when Nzonzi's reaction as well as Chimbonda's challenge could have resulted us on another day being down to 9 men you call the only lad in midfield to keep his composure but dont call any other players performance. He scores a penalty and its then called a poor penalty as Reina dived over the top of it instead of saving it. Nobody criticises Lampard who has done the same many times for England and Chelsea and puts it in the same spot. In my opinion its you who should feck off and stop criticising the 1 and only lad who in his timne being here as given nothing but 100% whether its good enough will always be open to opinion but at least he is willing to do it!!

'benni' wanted to leave.

are you so stupid ?

Benni McCarthy says he joined West Ham United to play his way back into South Africa's World Cup plans.

McCarthy, 32, has been frozen out of the international game after falling out with the country’s former coach Joel Santana.

But the former Blackburn striker is ready to settle his differences and challenge for a place in Carlos Alberto Parreira’s squad.

McCarthy said: “South Africa will get the benefit of me doing well for West Ham. If the club is playing fantastic, then everything will be perfect.

“After that I can go back to the national team and concentrate on trying to do my best for my country.”

Made a huge contribution so far. Not sure what the injury is but glad we got our money.

Spanish Waiters Comments

"We can win on the pitch and enjoy. Some people have to talk before or after the press conference because it's more difficult for them to do a football job.

"I think he's a model for managers all around the world. I am sure his style of football, his behaviour - everything. It's the perfect model for all the kids.

"The style of football - I am sure Barcelona are thinking about copying the style."

One word - N0BHEAD

I think The Waiter is a bit of a sensitive soul. Bless.

Spanish Waiters Comments

One word - N0BHEAD

I think The Waiter is a bit of a sensitive soul. Bless.

i think someone should have a word with him,

OI WAITER NO!

THIS IS BLACKBURN NOT BARCELONA

:P

i think someone should have a word with him,

OI WAITER NO!

THIS IS BLACKBURN NOT BARCELONA

:P

Rafas interviews are a joke. "They play excellant football under this manager, the best in the world! "( we all know that)

But then when asked a serious question about him and Wenger basically being pussies, he comes out with the "I'm happy with the win" he is like a 10yr old, swerves the questions as if he can't understand English!

Can I gave the bill you fat Waiter!

Hahaha. We are a bunch of gangsters : Diouf, Nzonzi, Chimbonda, Samba.

Very very proud of the team yesterday - watching it packed with scouser friends AND they were nervous as hell. Can't understand Chimbondas behaviour though. What a silly thing to do.

Its the best I have seen us against the Big 4 in a long time!

Spanish Waiters Comments

One word - N0BHEAD

Alright Rafa, start looking closer to home before you cast your beady eyes over us.

Your so unpopular in this city its unreal, you've taken the Liverpool out of the club.

Yes you can win on the pitch, pity you haven't been doing it though, 8 defeats in the league to date, dumped out of the champions league as well. £20 million on a injured sub, and tactics so negative recently that your sweaty heads needed its own irrigation system.

I'm laughing my ass off Rafa, what were you saying at the start of the year?? We will win the league, we are better than ever, If only there was relegation in the mini leagues!!! You won't make that coveted 4th spot, your debts are out of control say bye bye to either Torres or Gerrard this summer. Its all gone pear shaped a bit like you!!

You aspire to being the premier league champions, we remember it with fondness, come back when your worthy!!!!

This was the kind of performance I was expecting from an Allardyce team and which has been missing away from Ewood. A little more quality around the box and we would have at least a point.

An Abject 4-0 loss last year and we were lucky to get away with that. Who can deny we are now making real and substantial progress under this manager? Eddie? Tris/ Philip/ Abbey/ etc etc????? Not you Gav, I know you've seen the light!

Classic diversion theory from Manuel. If he wasn't with the red bin dippers who have a love for lost causes recently he'd be out of work. Barcelona may not be finding inspiration from us, but I'm pretty sure Liverpool aren't providing any template for aspirational teams. Extremely negative tactics and only 2 players that can be classed as stars. Hopefully, they'll miss out on 4th, and they go down the toilet.

More from Rafa the fat spanish w@nker..........

"Steven Nzonzi was yellow carded after pushing Lucas in the face at Anfield and Benitez clearly thought the Blackburn player should have been sent off.

"See the replay of the incident, it was very clear," added the Reds boss.

"We have had four of five players with problems, bleeding, and Maxi with stud (marks) in his abdomen. Interesting - but we won."

DIRTY, DIRTY Blackburn!!! And we love it if thats the sort of reaction it brings! :lol::lol: THE BULLY BOYS RETURN!!

Deluded Scousers or what.......... :blink::blink::lol:

"hate blackburn, hate allerdyce and hate the away he and his team play football. That shower of ###### would put a pub team to shame with their thuggish behaviour"

"Blackburn are the dirtiest @#/?s i've seen us play for a long time, practically their whole team got booked and it's a travesty that they didn't get at least one red card if not two or three"

"I am fuming and flabbergasted, why didn't the ref show a single red card is beyond me, absolutely beyond me. It was as if he wanted to see some blood before showing red"

We've got our Rovers back. :tu:

Archived