BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton Preview

It's accepted now by most Rovers fans that Sam is doing a good job, and progress seems to be made at the club.

But it appears Sam's reputation seems to have the team guilty by association , despite a disciplinary record that we could only dream of under Hughes-we are still viewed as a bunch of dirty cloggers.

This Everton fans thread illustrates the point in the run up to today's game, and also points out the seemingly unresolved El Hadji Diouf issue from the away game earlier this season as example of why most other Premier league fans really don't care too much for us.

It could be fair to say whatever Sam achieves for us whilst in charge here, we will always be regarded as a long ball, dirty classless bunch, esp by opposing teams followers.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's accepted now by most Rovers fans that Sam is doing a good job, and progress seems to be made at the club.

But it appears Sam's reputation seems to have the team guilty by association , despite a disciplinary record that we could only dream of under Hughes-we are still viewed as a bunch of dirty cloggers.

This Everton fans thread illustrates the point in the run up to today's game, and also points out the seemingly unresolved El Hadji Diouf issue from the away game earlier this season as example of why most other Premier league fans really don't care too much for us.

It could be fair to say whatever Sam achieves for us whilst in charge here, we will always be regarded as a long ball, dirty classless bunch, esp by opposing teams followers.

My god, have they seen their own city? They come across as pretty arrogant on there too...

My god, have they seen their own city? They come across as pretty arrogant on there too...

Fans of the 'second tier' clubs, Everton, Vila, Tottenham, City etc have massive chips on their shoulders. An arrogance with nothing to back it up.

Id like to see Lingazi involved. Dying to see what he has to bring to the table especially since he is on a 3 year contract with us. I wouldnt make too many changes though as we need to pick up important prize money and this is one of at least 2 winnable games in our run-in.

25 MINS: Jones loses out to Macheda who then turns and plays in Valencia. The former Wigan man shoots from a tight angle, Robinson saves with his chest.

33 MINS: Rovers are forced into a change and it is a blow as Chris Samba is unable to continue. Ryan Nelsen is on to replace.

Aye, ###### defending from Nelsen for Valencia's chance

/quote]

Hughesy was right then - Nelsen was at least 50 yards from Valencia when he had his chance <_< Nelsen is usually the one getting Samba out of trouble from his wandering all over the place. Samba is a great prospective talent but he still doesn't have half of the positional sense of Nelsen.

• Backroom

Today will be tough but if we play how we can I think we'll get a 1-1 draw othwerwise a 2-1 or 3-1 Everton.

Problem being they have more to play for but that can always backfire

Oh ####.

I mean, seriously? Andrews? That's the best alternative? We've got nothing to lose, and he thinks ANDREWS is the answer? Just.... gah, words can't articulate how criminal that is.

• Backroom

I've learned not to moan too much as Sam has got it right more often than not this second half of the season its just a buit uninspiring and unadventurous at this point of the season

Edit: at least Hoilett and Basturk make the bench

Edit 2: Why is Grella on the bench and not in ahead of Keith?

ROVERS: Robinson, Salgado, Jones, Nelsen ©, Givet, Pedersen, Andrews, Nzonzi, Olsson, Dunn, Kalinić.

Subs: Brown (GK), Roberts, Grella, Basturk, Hoilett, Di Santo, Chimbonda.

EVERTON: Howard, Hibbert, Baines, Jagielka, Bilyaletdinov, Saha, Arteta, Distin, Cahill, Neville ©, Pienaar.

Subs: Turner (GK), Yobo, Yakubu, Senderos, Anichebe, Duffy, Wallace.

Archived