BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Manager Of The Season

For me it has to be Martin O'Neill. Two cup semi finals and a minumum of a seventh place finish (for a moment today it looked like they might even make the Champions League). Moreover, he's managed this with a reasonably small squad and, while Villa did get knocked out of Europe early, this must have placed a huge strain on the players.

O'Neill has bought well IMO (minus Delph) and established a core of English players. He's put Milner in the middle and he's been a revelation.

Hogdson has done fantastically well on a lower budget, but Fulham's league position has suffered somewhat as a result of their cup run. It was a tight call, but I have to go for O'Neill.

Woy, Redknapp, McLeish, in that order.

If Tottenham manage to finish fourth it's a magnificent achievement, but Fulham in the Europa final (especially in the manner in which they've done it) tops that.

Hodgson and Ferguson.

I am honestly stunned that Man United have done so good this season. Before the start of the season they're midfield looked like one of the worst in the league. Yes, even compared to us. yet he has somehow got them winning on a consistent basis.

If cup comps weren't to be included, then I'd probably have to give it to McLeish or Redknapp, who have bother done excellent jobs this season (although it should be remembered the amount of money spent before and during Reknapp's tenure. I'd have his squad over Liverpools, Villa's, Everton's and maybe even Man City. Fourth is a reasonable aim considering the players there and the money spent).

Roy Hodgson for his unbelievable success this season. Obviously his achievements in Europe have been remarkable but we need to remember that for every game his team has played in Europe, he needs to make sure they're switched on for the game after in the Premier League. We all know how much the top 4 struggle to play games after their Champions League games but Fulham have had to play 18 games (19 inc. final) and have notched up over 18,000 miles. So seeing Roy Hodgson take Fulham to midtable and safe with a lot of games to go makes the achievement even more brilliant.

Roy Hodgson for his unbelievable success this season. Obviously his achievements in Europe have been remarkable but we need to remember that for every game his team has played in Europe, he needs to make sure they're switched on for the game after in the Premier League. We all know how much the top 4 struggle to play games after their Champions League games but Fulham have had to play 18 games (19 inc. final) and have notched up over 18,000 miles. So seeing Roy Hodgson take Fulham to midtable and safe with a lot of games to go makes the achievement even more brilliant.

By that logic then Rafa should be in with a shout. He has managed to deal with the Europe and Prem league. However, unlike Woy he hasnt ended up in mid table nothingness and is currently 19 points above Woy.

Now, I know that Liverpool supposedly have a far better squad, but without Torres, Gerrard and Benayoun(who have all been injured and/or really really poor this season) the 2 teams aint all that different, in my opinion.

If we're discounting the European competitions, then I would nominate Alex McLeish. Taking a newly promoted team into the top 10 with a fairly limited squad is a marvellous achievement. His consistency in his team selection was key in maintaining their momentum.

I'd also nominate David Moyes, who has continued his fine work at Everton on a relatively modest budget.

Winner Brian Laws.

Runner up, OC :lol:

Moyes has had a great run since the turn of the year, think their top three since Xmas.

Just on Premier league performance, Redknapp, even without the fourth spot, I've actually enjoyed watching them this season.

By that logic then Rafa should be in with a shout. He has managed to deal with the Europe and Prem league. However, unlike Woy he hasnt ended up in mid table nothingness and is currently 19 points above Woy.

Now, I know that Liverpool supposedly have a far better squad, but without Torres, Gerrard and Benayoun(who have all been injured and/or really really poor this season) the 2 teams aint all that different, in my opinion.

You are kidding, paper squad better then pretty much everyone above them......

Rafa goes down as the worst manager of the season

If we take into consideration Europe and Cups....Woy, Redknapp, McLeish, O'Neill, Allardyce, Ancelotti, Mancini

If we don't.....Redknapp, McLeish, O'Neill, Allardyce, Woy, Ancelotti, Mancini

Archived