BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Group C Discussion - Algeria, England, Slovenia, Usa

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Capello the maestro! The biggest idiot in the world could see Robinson is England's best goalkeeper, and Green would struggle to make the top 5. The whole season Green has been terrible, yet he gets to start at the world cup? Completely insane, and nonsensical.

Milner - surprise surprise he can't play on the left side. Everyone but clueless Capello knew that. His solution - put in another right-sided midfielder there. The same one that failed in the same position in the last friendly game.

Capello being hailed as a great manager is utterly pathetic. Currently his decisions are none the least better than Paul Ince's at Rovers. Rubbish. Utter rubbish.

Yeah, 'cos Robbo's never made a clanger.

Not saying Robbo hasn't made a clanger, Green and Calamity have had very poor seasons for their clubs.

Last season Robbo was very good especially the back end of the season.

Look at other teams squads and we are so weak it is untrue.

We have Defoe, Crouch and Heskey as other strikers who scored just over 20 goals this season. Argentina had Palermo, Aguero and Milito on the bench today who had scored 68 goals this season!!!

Capello doesn't know what to do if someone is out injured, he has a good idea on first 11 but behind that little clue. J.Cole or even Carrick would be much better options than SWP to come on, as for keepers he has never had a clue there, Hart has had the best season but he's too inexperienced, so f'in what!! Robbo should have gone ahead of Green for certain and in my opinion James also.

For some reason Capello also thinks he can make Gerrard and Lampard work, despite history showing it doesn't! :wstu:

Great start by England. A really well constructed goal. I thought that U.S looked more comfortable in possession. They had a couple of half chances and one clear cut chance that Altidore should have buried. They got a huge slice of luck with the goal. Both defences are really struggling.

Such Rovers bias here. I'd wager you thought it was Robbo's gaffe against Croatia when he played for Spurs.

I wouldn't be confident with any of Robbo, Green or James between the sticks. They're all too unpredictable.

From optajoe: "Rob Green made more errors leading to goals than any other player in the Premier League last season. Calamity."

Contributor BBC Sport's chief football writer Phil McNulty

"Words clearly cannot fail me but they almost did there. England keeper Robert Green will take a long time to live down somehow allowing Clint Dempsey's shot to go in. Forget the new World Cup footballs - that was simply an horrendous piece of goalkeeping. England's lack of a top-class, undisputed keeper was one of the big pre-World Cup fears and we have just seen why. The United States' supporters were almost as late in reacting as Green. It was that bad."

Such Rovers bias here. I'd wager you thought it was Robbo's gaffe against Croatia when he played for Spurs.

I wouldn't be confident with any of Robbo, Green or James between the sticks. They're all too unpredictable.

As far as clangers go that's the worst for sometime, at least with Robbo's backpass incident it at least bobbled to give him a minor get out clause, Green's error was just because he can't catch a ball and shouldn't be anywhere near South Africa, let alone starting.

I'm sure I am slightly biased towards Robbo but it's still a joke after the season he had that he isn't considered one of the 3 best goalkeepers in the country, especially when you see the 'competition' ahead of him. The majority of people I speak to can't see why he isn't there either and half of them are not Rovers fans.

Green is a joke, I'm so angry with him, I hope he gets sent home for being a c***.

What's with all these Kangaroo shaggers commenting on a team formed thousands of miles away ?

Leave us alone, you're as bad as Don. We'll have won this by 9.30, and where are the 'Socceroos' ??

I'm from Accrington. I cant stand England, the "Golden generation" :lol: , the WAGS, the tabloid playboy prima donnas, Ashley Cole, John Terry et at. C'mon the Yanks, c'mon Aussie.

Archived