SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Capello'S Future

tcj_jones

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doubt Ramsey would play for England. He's Welsh! :lol:

Also could be the best thing to happen to our international team in the long run....I hope!

Will it though?

I remember a similar thing was said about not qualifying for Euro 2008, what has changed? Nowt.

The best candidate is now at Real Madrid. Harry is a wheeler-dealer and not suited to international football, whereas Woy is not up to it and too nice. The manager is one part of an endemic problem with the state of English coaching. Stuart Pearce as a candidate? Get away.

I, for one, think he did a Jolly D. job and is well worth the £20m pay off heading his way...........

The new Wembley was a bargain and london deserves to have such a national treasure........

My cock is 4 foot long and grows an extra inch for every millimetre my nose shrinks per word I post on brfs.co.uk.......

my wife has just left me :( ...............................

Lions led by donkeys yet again.

The Germany coach spotted a weakness in the middle of the England defence and told his players how to exploit it.

Capello did what precisely for the entire tournament ?

He should hang his head in shame and go.

Posted this on another thread, I think it works here as well:

Klose has had a nightmare season for Bayern Münich, Podolski has done almost as bad for Koln. Arne Friedrich was relegated with Hertha, and Mertesacker is seen as a limited defender at Werder Bremen. Rooney has, prior to the World Cup, had the best season of his career, Lampard yet again scored over 15 goals for Chelsea... Notice the difference? The German players grow three inches just by putting on their national team shirt, they enjoy playing together and gets support from all sides while not a single player in the England colors looks like he thinks playing in the World Cup is any fun. The English players all look like they wished they were somewhere else, afraid of having their career more or less destroyed by fans and press for making a mistake. Just an outside opinion, but I really think you need to look over the overall climate of playing in the national team.

Lions led by donkeys yet again.

What Lions Jim? Which players in the England squad are the "Kings"(Lion = King of the Jungle) of their position?

Rooney? Best striker in the world? No, Drogba/Torres/Villa/Et'to/Tevez/Messi/Ronaldo/Aguero all miles better.

Lampard/Gerrard? There's Xavi/Iniesta/Alonso/Fabregas/Essien/Sneijder/Van der Vaart/Kaka/Diego who are better.

Who else, I'll give you Ashley Cole but who else? Terry, dont make me laugh!

Get rid, English Manager next. Hodgson before Liverpool get hold of him. SOmething was very very wrong in that camp, Terry's comments before he was bollocked for them eluded to it, England's performances before Terry's comments eluded to it, Wayne Rooney not playing in a Wayne Rooney role points to it. My final straw that broke the camaels back, Heskey coming on when we are down. The poorest strike ratio forward comes on to try to save the game when a fella with the best strike ratio stays on the bench. I really would have tried Crouch with Defoe at that point.

Ashley Cole was our best player in the whole tournament and I felt sorry for him because he was clearly frustrated at every opportunity by everyone else not performing at their best. He's been consistent for England since day one and despite him being a complete wally off the pitch, he's a player guaranteed to feature in years to come.

Another player I feel sorry for is Emile Heskey. He was one of our better players in the tournament and worked his socks off but unfortunately he was in a no win situation because he wasn't the player we wanted to see play from the start and he wasn't the player we wanted to come off the bench to win the games. He never rarely himself down, only his finishing, but we knew that going into the tournament. He just wasn't what we needed.

Both those players should come home in first class, put all the other players who featured in the games with the luggage.

I really would have tried Crouch with Defoe at that point.

I was screaming for the same thing too. We should have sacrificed a defensive player, put Rooney in a 'do what you want' role behind those two and just gone for it.

It just rubbed salt in the wounds to see Heskey coming on, how can Capello not see that?

AND I FORGOT TO ADD ANY MANAGER WHO TRIES TO CON THE ENGLISH PUBLIC THAT WE PLAYED WELL DESRVES SACKING!!!!!!!!

I'm worried that he might actually THINK that - surely not?

I just hope he resigns and gives the players another chance to ruin another managerial career. Maybe Harry Redknapp's?

Thanks for the chuckle. :D

At the end of the day Capellos future looks a lot brighter than our Englands future judging by the way we run our football in this country.

Anyone remember the FA publicly stating some 3-4 years ago that they were going to invest just over £3m into grassroots football in Blackburn with Darwen.

Well, it turned out to be nothing more than empty words and a cheap publicity stunt as nothing ever came of it after a few expenses paid meetings.

Capello said he would pick players who were fit and in form, so picking Hesky kind of blew that straight out of the window, certainly needs to change formation, how many of the top sides in England play a 4-4-2, square pegs and round holes.

Why play a player on the left when he plays a central role behind the striker for his club.

Well its hard to just blame the manager after that performance everything about England was just wrong but the tactics for me were a massively overlooked, Having read comments by the very smug German coach about how his tactics were to confuse the Englands central defenders by running players across the lines to drag out our central defenders you can see they worked a treat.

So why is it that they adopted a different playstyle to beat us so heavily and we didnt change one thing in the whole tournament when we were so bad? Arrogance maybe, I really dont know, but one thing is for sure our tactics were so wrong from day one and the players knew this too.

Barry should have been sat in front of the back four to guard the player Ozil who was floating in and out of attack which would have seen our back four keep its shape, Gerrard should never have been played on the left where he kept drifting inside only to overcrowd the middle of the park, hinder Lampard and give Muller free runs at Ashley cole.

The total inept performance we saw yesterday was certainly down to Englands overpaid kick and run merchants but the bigger part in my opinion was down to Capellos tactics, Now you can say his credentials were great, he is one of the best managers in the world but I can only judge him on what I have seen, he showed absolutely no managerial skill at all yesterday, after the first goal was scored in that way, changes should have been made straight away, as they should have after the first game too.

I am not the biggest fan of Sam but I think he would have put Capello to shame, Sam plays to the teams strengths and recognises oppositions strengths too, something Capello didnt do once, the whole team was way too arrogant to think that England can just breeze past opponents like Germany without a gameplan, and that attitude was amplified by Capello's refusal to change anything after such a awfull group phase.

The England team deserve to be coming home and the whole way our youngsters are trained needs looking at.

....Another player I feel sorry for is Emile Heskey. He was one of our better players in the tournament and worked his socks off but unfortunately he was in a no win situation because he wasn't the player we wanted to see play from the start and he wasn't the player we wanted to come off the bench to win the games.

I can't argue with that. Getting hammered and seeking salvation from putting the lumbering overweight Heskey on before Crouch will be Capello's last decision and the defining and lingering legacy of his inept managerial ability.

Poor Heskey will get even more stick now. imo he would have been quite within his rights to refuse to go on and to simply tell Capello to (Please don't use that word again) off. He'll get the sh1t next season around then grounds when Capello is in his drawing room sipping a glass of chianti and gazing at his paintings.

As for continually ignoring Peter Crouch who looks odd but never seems to let England down..... I've had a strong feeling for some time, and one that will not go away that poor Crouchy simply does not look 'cool' enough for Capello. <_<

How many world class players do you think England has?

Id argue Terry, Ashley Cole and Rooney but none did their reputations any favors during the WC especially Rooney.

However, Ive seen teams with less World Class players play better, cause they had the basic essentials (Teamwork, a proper holding midfielder and a proper playmaker).

I am not the biggest fan of Sam but I think he would have put Capello to shame, Sam plays to the teams strengths and recognises oppositions strengths too, something Capello didnt do once, the whole team was way too arrogant to think that England can just breeze past opponents like Germany without a gameplan, and that attitude was amplified by Capello's refusal to change anything after such a awfull group phase.

The England team deserve to be coming home and the whole way our youngsters are trained needs looking at.

I don't really want to debate that old potato about training the kids cos things have been looked at as well as tinkered and changed and all to no avail.

The fault of England players is more about intelligence and attitude rather than ability. They really believe that they are World class and nobody seems willing to tell them otherwise.

As for management in 50+ years I've only ever seen two top class English international managers... Sir Alf Ramsey and Jack Charlton. The rest have been useless and nothing more than media and sponsors puppets.

Let me give you an incident which happened a couple of weeks ago. An example of the sponsors priorities without I hope betraying any confidences.

Frank Lampard's footwear is sponsored by a leading manufacturer of sporting goods and he was contracted to wear a distinctive new design of boots for this world cup. He was however not happy with them and so didn't wear them but wore his old ones made by the same company in the opening match against the USA. Apparently there was all hell to pay with him and his agent. They were threatened with all sorts with the result that he was forced to wear them for all subsequent matches.

Now whether or not he might have dipped that ball a fraction I don't know and neither does anybody else but footballers mind sets are very fragile, their superstitions are very fickle too. Illogical maybe but it seems to me that priorities are commercial before anything else. Capello / the FA should never allow sponsors and agents anywhere near the players. They should never allow the focus on the job in hand to be blurred in anyway and thats that.

btw I don't know about anybody else but I never even noticed his bloody boots, or what colour they were or more particularly who made them. Did anyone else?

Id argue Terry, Ashley Cole and Rooney but none did their reputations any favors during the WC especially Rooney.

I take your point Bobby and argue all you like but on the evidence of the World Cup matches the answer is quite obviously none.

As for those 3.....

Terry? You are kidding I hope? Lumbering and ponderous at best. He was still running forward as that goalkick soared over his head ffs! How goods that?

Ashley Cole was left standing and gawping time and again. Watch the second goal.

Rooney had a chance to be up there on the world pedestal but he blew it. He can sulk all he likes and he no doubt will but plain and simple he didn't turn up this World Cup.

World class? World class my arse.... Our lot just think they are world class cos stupid people keep perpetuating the myth.

Our player of the tournament if we had one is David James. He did well and as I've said previously he is our best keeper. But World class? Hardly.

However, Ive seen teams with less World Class players play better, cause they had the basic essentials (Teamwork, a proper holding midfielder and a proper playmaker).

0, They have none. World class players stand out on every stage regardless not one England player stood out in this tournament or the last.

England did have a holding midfielder, Parker was dropped. Its a pity Hargreaves is such an injury prone chap he would have excelled in that role.

You have a play maker, Gerrard was a make shift left winger.

Rooney only does it because Ferguson knows exactly how to motivate him, surely if he was as you say he could do that himself. He only excels in certain conditions, take them away and he plays as he has, rubbish.

Terry has lost a yard of pace, he's still good but not world class.

Ashley Cole did OK but he was far too wide in some games, he does lack positional sense from a defensive aspect.

At the end of the day there is far more wrong with England than just two positions, its time to realise that England have a lot of work to do, to be what most English fans think they are.

EDIT: Talksport are reporting that they have inside info that Capello will not be in charge for the Hungary game.

I agree that Capello did som horrible decisions. Sticking with Emile Heskey who couldn't get into the Norwegian first XI is a picture of how bad it actually is with England. A Rooney who is hailed as one of the best in the Premier League has a terrible WC and goes home without having scored a single goal against the likes of Slovenia, Algerie and USA. That is a disgrace.

The squad just isn't good enough and the players doesn't want to give 100% for their country. Exactly the same thing Spain struggled with, but has overcome.

I remember the headline in the sun when the groups were decided: EASY - England, Algerie, Slovenia, Yanks. I guess England thought they had won the whole WC before they went to South Africa.

Major restructing is needed. Thats what has happened in Germany lately. They were struggling with the Bundesliga. Too many foreigners and didnt do good at all in European competions for several years. Now they have great youngsters like ôzil, müller, Khedira, Schweinsteiger. The list goes on.

It also says something when the CL final was between Barcelona - Internazionale and semifinals without English teams.

I think you need to reduce the number of foreigners in the EPL and start investing in the English youth. You are about to be run over by many European countries and leagues.

EDIT: Talksport are reporting that they have inside info that Capello will not be in charge for the Hungary game.

I bet that's expensive!!

So easy to blow other peoples money isn't it? I'll never understand why managerial contracts aren't contracts simply run tournament to tournament.

I bet that's expensive!!

So easy to blow other peoples money isn't it? I'll never understand why managerial contracts aren't contracts simply run tournament to tournament.

If you want my honest opinion on it all, its really simple.

The government needs to step in and sort out the FA from top to toe. Its a joke of a institution a collection of old boys and footballing know nothings. Where is Burton? Where are all these promises (new youth badges etc)? They bring out new youth modules and why are they all now being delayed? Simple they got all the science wrong. I have heard some seriously shocking stories about what goes on within the Soho walls and it needs sorting from top to toe.

Changing Capello's contract prior to the competition was silly, Inter yes were interested but any decision should have been delayed till after the world cup.

Archived