BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mame Biram Diouf

BPF

How many Dioufs?

el-hadji-has-a-message-for-his-fans.jpg

As others have said, feels good to finally have another forward on board for the coming season. I'm pretty confident, that with his style, he can have an impact with us. Although admittedly I've only watched him a few times. At least we have another option at worst.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was down at Old Trafford last season when United thumped Burnley 3-0 (on a freebie by the way), Diouf looked a good athlete, bit raw but quick. The goal he scored was a nice one, particularly against yon lot. Mind you Burnley were beginning to flag badly then.

The United fans I was surrounded by were pretty moronic and seemed more intent on whining about Nani, the Glazers etc. than watching the game but the few intelligent ones I spoke to felt he was one for the future.

Difficult to judge how he will play but I'm sure he will get a bag full of games with us otherwise Sam wouldn't be taking him. One I feel reasonably good about, Di Santo came with a fanfare but couldn't get goals. Hopefully this will work out better.

SSN reporting the loan signing of Diouf.

What does everybody think?

Can two players have the exact same name on their shirt in the same team?

M. Diouf

E. Diouf..??

I take it you're being ironic..!..

M. Diouf

E. Diouf..??

I take it you're being ironic..!..

Taking BPF's question on face value, maybe he's asking 'Would they both be allowed to have just "Diouf" on their shirt if they wanted to?'

wait, where is this link again? I don't see anything on Sky or BBC...

And anyway, if true - he sounds like a potentially good player, but the problem with loan signings is that if they're any good, we're can't keep hold of them. I would rather we focus on the long-term future of the club. Especially if we're selling our other strikers.

Mr E you are correct in what you say loan players have to go back and with other strikers possibly leaving we should be looking at the long term future of the club. But, if he is any good and then when the season is over he has to go back we might be able to take him permanently when the takeover goes through maybe in the summer or Jan.

Taking BPF's question on face value, maybe he's asking 'Would they both be allowed to have just "Diouf" on their shirt if they wanted to?'

Yes.

My question was basically:

What are they likely to have on their shirt next season? I wondered whether it would be initials as mentioned or whether one of them would have had their middle name added in a double barrel delight.

What are they likely to have on their shirt next season? I wondered whether it would be initials as mentioned or whether one of them would have had their middle name added in a double barrel delight.

Spit-Diouf and Spat-Diouf?

I doubt that we will be seeing much of Diouf Snr next year.

Hope I am wrong though as having him on the pitch makes the game more Hitchcockesque.

Obviously no.

It's only 'obvious' because it's a rule somewhere.

Where is the confusion with having

Diouf 14

Diouf 23

?

Back in the day, the referee used to make a note of the player's number, not his first and middle names!

Back in the day, the referee used to make a note of the player's number, not his first and middle names!

Squads were much smaller then and also werent the numbers not fixed to a certain player as they are now and the shirts given out on the day of the match for the staters?

Squads were much smaller then and also werent the numbers not fixed to a certain player as they are now and the shirts given out on the day of the match for the staters?

Thanks for adding weight to my point...! ;)

Archived