SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mame Biram Diouf

BPF

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's an excellent signing.

He's not going to be getting into double scoring figures, but it really takes the pressure off finding the 'main' striker before the window closes.

Basically this has avoided the prospect of going into the start of the season without a recognised striker. Alex Ferguson rarely gets it wrong, so the lad must have something about him - good record in Norway too.

From what I've seen he's quick if slightly unpredictable. I think he'll be a much better impact player than Di Santo was last year though, Di Santo struggled to change games from the bench whereas Diouf will have the attributes to change games.

Regarding names on shirts...E. Diouf and and M. Diouf? I'm sure they can't be the same anyway.

Guest Kamy100

Excellent loan signing.

He is highly regarded by people at Old Trafford. I think that he will do well for us, he is quick and strong and should fit into our style of play very well.

SSN reporting the loan signing of Diouf.

What does everybody think?

Can two players have the exact same name on their shirt in the same team?

One will have ''E Diouf'' and the other ''M Diouf'' i'd have thought.

With regards to the player, another striker on our books for a year won't do us any harm, so good move imo.

edit. Le Chuck beat me to it.

I think it's an excellent signing.

He's not going to be getting into double scoring figures, but it really takes the pressure off finding the 'main' striker before the window closes.

Basically this has avoided the prospect of going into the start of the season without a recognised striker. Alex Ferguson rarely gets it wrong, so the lad must have something about him - good record in Norway too.

From what I've seen he's quick if slightly unpredictable. I think he'll be a much better impact player than Di Santo was last year though, Di Santo struggled to change games from the bench whereas Diouf will have the attributes to change games.

Regarding names on shirts...E. Diouf and and M. Diouf? I'm sure they can't be the same anyway.

i wouldnt be surprised if he plays down the right wing LeChuck?

something like this

Robbo

Salgado Samba Nelsen Givet

Nzonzi Faty(If he signs)/ Teymourian(if he signs)

M Diouf MGP Olsson

Dunn

Kalinic

i wouldnt be surprised if he plays down the right wing LeChuck?

Hadn't thought of that.

I think the way things are going, he'll be starting the opening game (I can't see us getting another striker in before the first game).

If he can play on the right wing that's a massive bonus though, when Kalinic is fit it might be something we look at.

Does anyone who watched him in Norway know if he's played right wing before?

Hadn't thought of that.

I think the way things are going, he'll be starting the opening game (I can't see us getting another striker in before the first game).

If he can play on the right wing that's a massive bonus though, when Kalinic is fit it might be something we look at.

I think he will be able to play RW in a 4-3-3. He has decent pace and can storm in the box and get his head on the balls coming from Olsson.

Hadn't thought of that.

i just based that, on the fact that he seems like he has got some real pace and a bit of skill. Im not sure if he can play down the right, but if we use the 4-2-3-1-1 system, then he might slot in there. Somebody has to leave the squad though, as we have way too many midfielders if we brin in either Faty or Teymourian or dare i say it, both of them.

I think he will be able to play RW in a 4-3-3. He has decent pace and can storm in the box and get his head on the balls coming from Olsson.

Excellent. Someone posted on the Transfer topic about him being hard working, so it definitely sounds like he can do a job there.

......... N'Zonzi Pedersen

M. Diouf ...... Dunn ...... Olsson

................. Kalinic

Must say I like the look of that. If we can get another good striker in and Faty then I think we're shaping up well for the new season.

Excellent. Someone posted on the Transfer topic about him being hard working, so it definitely sounds like he can do a job there.

......... N'Zonzi Pedersen

M. Diouf ...... Dunn ...... Olsson

................. Kalinic

Must say I like the look of that. If we can get another good striker in and Faty then I think we're shaping up well for the new season.

I agree with you.

• Backroom

Good news if confirmed.

We still have business to do up front but a bit less urgently now.

If Roberts goes we can go for Vaughan and still chase our main target preferably Jo for me

• Moderation Lead

Good news, if only a temporary fix. Let's hope things get moving on all fronts now!

I definitely believe the James Milner theory as well! Milner, decide what you're doing!

My boss who has 5 Man season tickets rates him highly as full of potential..so do many others on Utds Redcafe who think a loan will do him good..Utd Will nab him back though if hes a success.

You can never guess what the future holds though.

This Hernandez kid looks a bit special (probably why Utd have decided to loan Diouf out). So that's Rooney, Berbatov and Hernandez already, plus Macheda and Welbeck breaking through.

Given that their preferred system involves one striker, it's not beyond possibility that Diouf could find himself surplus to requirements.

Archived