BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mame Biram Diouf

BPF

Have to echo these sentiments, well thought of at Old Trafford hopefully he can do the business.

Do they teach math in S.A.????

Bloody hell, to be fair i did suc at maths :lol: i forgot about Robbo, so only added the infield players.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in the day, the referee used to make a note of the player's number, not his first and middle names!

Of course you are right Jisty. Completely unnecessary if you ask me. They have different numbers! I think it was the Neville Brothers who first introduced the initials.

This a cunning sales scam by the Old Trafford marketing people; getting billions of their world wide fans to fork out for additional unnecessary letters (G for G NEVILLE and P for P NEVILLE of course) at £25 a pop. Indeed G NEVILLE, or was it Ferguson, insisted on still having G NEVILLE on the back of his shirt even when P NEVILLE had been sold / given away to Everton. The G by then, if it wasn't already (and by now we know that it was) completely and utterly superfluous.

It is thought that this initiative alone enabled them to buy DJEMBA at a much later date without the need for them to delve into their bottomless pit of debt. Ironically DJEMBA had his name on his shirt twice; DJEMBA DJEMBA - again another clever scam by the Red Scum and this alone rasied an additional £128 Million pounds in 2003 which they really shouldn't have had.

Thanks for adding weight to my point...! ;)

The numbers 1 to 11 on the back of players shirts "back in the day" as they say had nothing at all to do with the players name or identity. The numbers were for each of the playing positions Viz:

1 = Goalkeeper

2 = Right Back

3 = Left back

4=Right Half

5= Centre Half

6 = Left Half

7=Outside Right

8 = Inside Right

9 = Centre Forward

10 = Inside Lefft

11 = Outside Left

No player had a name on his shirt and if the ref wanted to book a player he would caution him as now, then take his name and number.

Of course you are right Jisty. Completely unnecessary if you ask me. They have different numbers! I think it was the Neville Brothers who first introduced the initials.

This a cunning sales scam by the Old Trafford marketing people; getting billions of their world wide fans to fork out for additional unnecessary letters (G for G NEVILLE and P for P NEVILLE of course) at £25 a pop. Indeed G NEVILLE, or was it Ferguson, insisted on still having G NEVILLE on the back of his shirt even when P NEVILLE had been sold / given away to Everton. The G by then, if it wasn't already (and by now we know that it was) completely and utterly superfluous.

It is thought that this initiative alone enabled them to buy DJEMBA at a much later date without the need for them to delve into their bottomless pit of debt. Ironically DJEMBA had his name on his shirt twice; DJEMBA DJEMBA - again another clever scam by the Red Scum and this alone rasied an additional £128 Million pounds in 2003 which they really shouldn't have had.

:lol::lol:

The numbers 1 to 11 on the back of players shirts "back in the day" as they say had nothing at all to do with the players name or identity. The numbers were for each of the playing positions Viz:

1 = Goalkeeper

2 = Right Back

3 = Left back

4=Right Half

5= Centre Half

6 = Left Half

7=Outside Right

8 = Inside Right

9 = Centre Forward

10 = Inside Lefft

11 = Outside Left

No player had a name on his shirt and if the ref wanted to book a player he would caution him as now, then take his name and number.

Bring that back, I say. Much more sensible. I saw some friendlies recently with players wearing 77 or 88. What's that all about?

Question though, why are the forward positions sequential (albeit right to left) and the right and left full backs not?

I doubt anything will be officially announced until work permits are sorted

He trained today as Gamst stated on his website, Vinjay theclown has been on there saying anyone contracted to Man U is not welcome at Rovers!!

Vinjay is without a brain, totally lost his mind.

Taken from MGP blog .

Mame Biram Diouf has come on loan to us from Manchester United something we are very excited over. I met him on the training field today and he seems like a very nice guy and hopefully he can strengthen our attack. Now I have not seen him play so many matches, but I saw him play a few times at Molde last year and a couple of times for Manchester United. He impressed me then and I hope he will continue to impress us here in Blackburn. Mame welcome to the club, and remember to show up in the box and I will do everything I can to find you there. And a tip for you, if you get hold of the ball .. just hammer it in the net!

I'm really not keen on taking players on loan from other Premier League clubs. I dont think it's too bad if it's with a view to a permanent move but that dosn't seem to be the case here.

I especially hate being a feeder club for Manchester United. You cant blame the boss, this is what the Trust have reduced us to - grubbing around the "big four's" reserves trying to get something out of Chelsea's duds and The Rag's "not so sures".

Some United fans don't reckon they'll see him play for them again.

If you take a word out then it paints a different picture and is still entirely correct.

Some United fans don't reckon they'll see him play for them again.

Speculation, give the guy a chance.

Absolutely. And I notice from the video collection posted earlier (post 51), that his old club also had two Dioufs! Ours was labelled mb diouf and the other guy pp diouf. It's amazing how clubs manage to squeeze out that extra dollar - obviously the extra couple of letters made a mint for them too!

this is my first post... would love to know who the mystery striker is we are waiting for a reply on, but this Diouf character is exactly what a club like rovers need while we are in limbo re. takeover! a bit of competition up front until we maybe get a few quid to spend in January! good luck diouf, and maybe we'll see something this year from our spitting diouf!?

I'm really not keen on taking players on loan from other Premier League clubs. I dont think it's too bad if it's with a view to a permanent move but that dosn't seem to be the case here.

I especially hate being a feeder club for Manchester United. You cant blame the boss, this is what the Trust have reduced us to - grubbing around the "big four's" reserves trying to get something out of Chelsea's duds and The Rag's "not so sures".

It makes perfect sense if (or since) there's no way we can afford 3 strikers of sufficient quality. If we get owners willing to invest in the club within the next few months then the loan will have done its job.

Archived