BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Samba New Club Captain

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris Samba is the New Rovers Club Captain.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/Home

Very interesting. This, added to Nelsens comments from the other day about getting to a stage in his career when he just wants the club to do well and that he was happy to play reserve games if it means better players are in the 1st team, means that in a 4 man back 4 Givet and Jones are expected to play more than the Admiral?

FANTASTIC news.....we can all see Nelsen struggled at points last season, so it makes it easier to drop if necessary. It will also allow Sam to give Jones as much game time as he wants.

Also shows to Samba how important he is to us.

:tu:

Nice accolade for Samba, by far our most valuable performer imo.

I would have thought that if we expect to keep hold of Jones for very long he'll need to be a fixture in the first team alongside Samba before the season is out.

You wouldn't wish to have better or more experienced cover than Nelsen though.

I know it is not 1 September yet but for those saying we are having an awful transfer window, I was 90% sure we would lose Samba this summer.

Well done to the big man on getting the club captaincy- I doubt there will be any dissent in the ranks!

This also opens the door for Phil Jones to make a huge impact this season which I believe he will.

• Backroom

I would prefer Nelsen to be club captain and Samba team captain.

Nelsen is an inspiration and should be a role model to younger players.

Wow didnt think Ryan would be giving up the captains armband after a good WC

Still, Nelsen giving up the armband without a strop is the definition of a captain and a leader... to do what needs doing in the interest of teh team above self.

Very interesting. This, added to Nelsens comments from the other day about getting to a stage in his career when he just wants the club to do well and that he was happy to play reserve games if it means better players are in the 1st team, means that in a 4 man back 4 Givet and Jones are expected to play more than the Admiral?

I'd think it initially means that Samba is expected to play more than Nelsen. The clock is ticking loudly for Ryan.

I would prefer Nelsen to be club captain and Samba team captain.

Nelsen is an inspiration and should be a role model to younger players.

This is how I understand what has happened.

Nelsen stays as club captain, but Samba appointed as team captain.

Archived