SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Samba New Club Captain

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see this pleasing RIML at all :D

Also the link didn't work for me

I don't mind. I watched an interview with Nelsen before the World Cup and he said something like..... it's just an extra piece of cloth and he wouldn't play differently with or without it. If it's no big deal to him, it's no big deal to me ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A brilliant performance yesterday. I think becoming captain has pushed his consistency and concentration levels up higher than before. Its evident in his game.

Yesterday he kicked the ball up over his head gifting Man City a corner, he slapped his head in anger. Like he did when he missed that chance against Arsenal. He knows he can do better, which is good to see.

Anyways can the mods change the title of this thread, Samba is Team Captain, Nelsen is Club Captain.

Can't believe the people at Fantasy Premier League didn't feel he was worth bonus points! :angry2:

Another great performance. He's one of the very best defenders in the Premier League and as such surely he's not far off from being termed as "world class". I think although we all think he's a brilliant defender he doesn't get anything like the publicity he could do.

I'm very surprised we've never (to my knowledge) recieved a serious offer for him. I wouldn't blame him if he wouldn't mind moving on soon - after all he's given us plenty of good service but at 26 is starting to get to the point of his career where he'll be at his peak and to be honest if I was him I'd have half an eye on moving to a Champions' League club.

Was reading Man city forum yesterday, as bitter as some of them were the did comment how good samba was, they were even calling for them to sign him up.

I do wonder how much longer we can keep him. If what JW says is true and we are now a trading club who no longer needs to sell then i'd say we should hold out untill we get a lescott style offer, who by the way doesn't even come close to samba in quality. Just hope there isn't any santa cruz style clauses we don't know about.

It goes without saying, but the takeover will be crucial to Samba's future.

If Ali takes the reins and puts his money where his mouth is, it might be enough to convince Samba to stay on for the foreseeable future. If not... well we've been here before.

After reading Samba’s past in that article it would not surprise me if he has not developed an affinity to Rovers, and would wish to stay here. He had a promising career shattered and was thrown on the junk pile by a previous club – he has had his highs and lows, much like our club. He came here and was instantly given support and encouragement by the club – but more importantly by the fans. He will know this.

Lately he has become the epitome of Rovers: dedication and sheer hard work with a bunch of skill.

Samba exemplifies Arte et Labore, and is our perfect captain.

After reading Samba’s past in that article it would not surprise me if he has not developed an affinity to Rovers, and would wish to stay here. He had a promising career shattered and was thrown on the junk pile by a previous club – he has had his highs and lows, much like our club. He came here and was instantly given support and encouragement by the club – but more importantly by the fans. He will know this.

Lately he has become the epitome of Rovers: dedication and sheer hard work with a bunch of skill.

Samba exemplifies Arte et Labore, and is our perfect captain.

True, and you would hope that would be the case, but then you could have said the same for some of our previous stars that left as well.

Archived