BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carling Cup

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I dont just die after each defeat & go into deep depression and over the top reaction about any draw or loss.....its a marathon not a sprint, we had a blip last season - look where we ended. We will be fine - we just desperatly need some investment to allow us to buy a midfield!

As for Emerton & Nelsen - you just pointed out exactly what im getting at, they aint good enough - im fed up of saying it! Nelsen is on his way over the hill, he's past it - yes he might have the odd good game, but hes a liability!! Emerton has been VERY poor for the last 18 months.

What if the "blip" was our post Christmas form?

We were pretty terrible before Christmas last year. If we weren't in a carling cup semi final I think he would have been sacked after the man city debacle.

I'm not on about tonight's defeat ONLY!

I'd rather watch the football played every week by Chelsea and City than the garbage Sam dishes up for us, regardless of tonight's results.

We all know the football we play isn't pretty but I was just stating we could play pretty football and spend millions on players like Chelsea and Man City have done and still lose. You win some, you lose some no matter what style of football a team plays.

gerrard and torres aside...........WHAT TALENT? Babel,Lucas, They're entire defence, N'gog all the spanish kids utter dross the lot of them, Rafa really did a number on them before he went.

What talent?

So Joe Cole, Gerrard, Poulsen, Carragher, Johnson, Reina, Torres, Babbel, Kuyt, Skrtel would all WALK into our side.

Nelsen is on his way over the hill, he's past it - yes he might have the odd good game, but hes a liability!! Emerton has been VERY poor for the last 18 months.

It was 1-1 until Nelsen went off.

Sssshhhh we all have to agree with Dan & MARK - its the end of the world! We lost to a team that have players like Agbonlawhore & Young....We must be pathetic!!! :rolleyes:

Seriously people - get a grip, as RIML rightly points out - it was expected - Im sure Chelsea are not calling a crisis after a defeat at home!

Are you enjoying watching Rovers at the moment? Do you agree with Sam's tactics? It's ###### awful to watch and it's not effective. It's not the end of the world, yet, but I have a bad feeling we'll be in a relegation battle right until the end of the season. Will that please you? Will you still be taking the ###### out of worried and angry Rovers supporters if we in the bottom 3rd Christmas?

When was the last time we won a match convincingly?

We all know the football we play isn't pretty but I was just stating we could play pretty football and spend millions on players like Chelsea and Man City have done and still lose. You win some, you lose some no matter what style of football a team plays.

'playing pretty football', however far off that may be, still presupposes that we have the ball, which means that the opposition doesn't

What if the "blip" was our post Christmas form?

We were pretty terrible before Christmas last year. If we weren't in a carling cup semi final I think he would have been sacked after the man city debacle.

So you think 10th wasn't good enough then? Perhaps we should have had the same results in a different order? I may be wrong but every team that finished above us and a fair few of those below us have spent considerably more than us.

What talent?

So Joe Cole, Gerrard, Poulsen, Carragher, Johnson, Reina, Torres, Babbel, Kuyt, Skrtel would all WALK into our side.

carragher better than samba....er hell no

skrtel better than Givet/jones/nelsen ....hell no again

Babel is'nt a footballer basically so pointless arguing

i did say gerrard and torres aside and on current form robinson is better than reina and Kuyt is crippled and Poulson looks quite poor so far

So, yes Joe Cole would be welcome in our team Johnson

Sssshhhh we all have to agree with Dan & MARK - its the end of the world! We lost to a team that have players like Agbonlawhore & Young....We must be pathetic!!! :rolleyes:

Seriously people - get a grip, as RIML rightly points out - it was expected - Im sure Chelsea are not calling a crisis after a defeat at home!

I hope you aren't referring to me you cheeky tw@ as I haven't posted anything - yet - on tonight's debacle! ;)

All I'll say is look at the league table - that should tell you why Chelsea aren't bothered.

Someone please tell me that the transfer window doesn't apply to managers - because as soon as the takeover goes through we need a change.

Are you enjoying watching Rovers at the moment? Do you agree with Sam's tactics? It's ###### awful to watch and it's not effective. It's not the end of the world, yet, but I have a bad feeling we'll be in a relegation battle right until the end of the season. Will that please you? Will you still be taking the ###### out of worried and angry Rovers supporters if we in the bottom 3rd Christmas?

When was the last time we won a match convincingly?

We have had all this last season....then look what happened. There is nothing to suggest at this stage that we will be in a relegation battle - unless you honestly believe Liverpool will be down their too??

And as to people acting as if the League Cup is no big deal - it is the competition that has by far brought us the most joy since we've been promoted. And now we're out in September.

Given the ridiculously weakened teams now being put out by virtually every Prem team in this competition it's becoming increasingly obvious that getting kicked out of the Carling Cup is the main intention.

I think people coming out with it is not the end of the world have not heard or watched the game. The tactics are not the problem the hoofball can be quite effective in some cases there are several main problems that need addressing and if Sam can't see this he needs sacking:

1.) When you are 1-0 up at half time things are going well you need to defend for the full 90 minutes not just 45.

2.) Most alarming when you are so much on top in the first half to come out and play for the 2nd 45 as though you are a bunch of strangers is not on Sam's teamtalk should always be at half time if you are 1-0 up do exactly the same for the 2nd half not give possession to the other side and invite pressure on yourself.

3.) We really need to start putting more than one chance away when we are clearly on top when you have 6 or 7 chances you need to take 3-4 goals not one cause the opposition can easily wipe that out then you are on the back foot.

4.) Play at the same tempo for 90 minutes not 45

5.) People can say it is only the Carling cup meaningless game not the end of the world but this is a worrying trend 2 games in a row we do exactly the same thing and gift the opposition an equalising goal.

So to sum up there is nothing wrong with the football if it works 1st half then good but play the same way in the 2nd half play for 90 minutes not 45 and for god's sake improve for Blackpool because if we only play for 45 it cold be embarrasing on saturday!

Rant Over!

just to say that in any level of football you needed to keep the ball, just using the long means that you keep on giving the ball away. In the end you will be put under pressure and therefore are more likley to lose.

Its ok to play the long ball with the format of keeping thre ball until the right pass cones along, justing kicking the ball only ends up with you being beaten, I used know that is how we played football, yes we were poor, and we got beat, but we enjoyed it

If you want to win most top teams play both the long and short passes, it can be done, even with not such money, look at Blackpool.

Dan - the man with a masterplan.....so go on kid, share with us what you think we should do? Should we sack Big Mouth Sam? The floor is yours.....

When did I say I had a masterplan? Don't be so condescending either. ******* ****

and when did we last do that then.

the majority of our goals this season have come from mistakes, by goalkeepers and by referees.

now tell me that this system is working

We've scored a goal in every game so far this season, I don't care how we score, it beats the 0-0 bores last season against West Ham (twice) Stoke and Hull.

Archived