BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carling Cup

Our midfield if you can call it that dont offer the defence much protection when the pressure is on - thats one of our major problems.

WE LACK A MIDFIELD!!

so giving the opposition the ball by aimlessly hoofing it forward so they can run right through it is tactically, criminal

We've scored a goal in every game so far this season, I don't care how we score, it beats the 0-0 bores last season against West Ham (twice) Stoke and Hull.

well that's just naive if you think they are going to keep on coming.

I can't remember a Rovers team that has offered such little threat at goal

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me its more about how you lose rather than the actual end result.

How many times this season have we dropped points because we have had a 1-0 lead and have sit back and gone defensive. Or how many times have we lost points because we cannot keep possession largely due to hoofing the ball with no accuracy and just invite tremendous pressure that we cannot resist. Or how many times have we conceded due really sloppy defending when the players switch off.

If you lose games or drop points because you have been outplayed or the other side has had a moment of brilliance then fair enough as a fan you can't complain or criticise. If you have dropped or lost points because of your own mistakes and stupidity time and time again then that’s not acceptable, not in my eyes anyway and it should rightly be scrutinised.

There is nothing to get you inspired or excited whatsoever about this side apart from Samba and maybe Robbo.

Does anyone have the effort to work out the cost per win if you had been to every away game during Sam's tenure?

Will it be as much as Dunny gets for every match that he actually plays? Assuming he's on 30k pw he's cost us £180,000 for 6 minutes on the pitch to date. Makes Yaya Toure's 250k pw wages almost seem cheap.

well that's just naive if you think they are going to keep on coming.

I can't remember a Rovers team that has offered such little threat at goal

I could understand that comment if we hadn't scored for a few games but if we can score against the likes of Arsenal, Man City, Aston Villa.....we can score against any Premier League team.

I think people coming out with it is not the end of the world have not heard or watched the game. The tactics are not the problem the hoofball can be quite effective in some cases there are several main problems that need addressing and if Sam can't see this he needs sacking:

Love watching it do you?

His time is coming to an end. It will all be over soon. Choose well JW, choose well.

JW chose Allardyce and before him Ince so employing your logic surely we should be potting him.

Moving on.... We could try Jesus Christ. He turned water into wine, raised the dead and managed to feed 5000 with a couple of fishes and 5 loaves.

Doubt even JC could keep us competetive in the Prem with no money though.

The more annoying thing with teams such as Spurs, City, Everton, Chelsea and Liverpool going out is that we could have had a bit of a squeak in this competition had we seen it through tonight.

Never mind though, back to the grind on Saturday and the ongoing quest for 17th place.

I could understand that comment if we hadn't scored for a few games but if we can score against the likes of Arsenal, Man City, Aston Villa.....we can score against any Premier League team.

I can't comment on it because i havent seen the villa goal, but City was a goalkeeper mistake, and the Arsenal defence gifted us that goal.

We don't shoot. Last time I looked its generally accepted that it is the best way to score goals

We could try Jesus Christ. He turned water into wine, raised the dead and managed to feed 5000 with a couple of fishes and 5 loaves.

Doubt even he could keep us competetive in the Prem with no money though.

Sam does it well. He makes you believe that for it to be this bad, that there can't be any other way.

You might have played park football, but to play at even a semi professional level, you have to realise there is more to the game than getting it in the "mixer".

I can't comment on it because i havent seen the villa goal, but City was a goalkeeper mistake, and the Arsenal defence gifted us that goal.

We don't shoot. Last time I looked its generally accepted that it is the best way to score goals

The Arsenal goal was quality, El Hadji Diouf made that goal, it wasn't gifted to us.

I'm not on about tonight's defeat ONLY!

I'd rather watch the football played every week by Chelsea and City than the garbage Sam dishes up for us, regardless of tonight's results.

Of course you would, so would we all! So all we need now for that to happen is 500 million smackeroonies to spend on the team. :wacko: Any suggestions bazza?

Well I got it almost right. Sam is playing absolute crap football week in, week out. I'm fed up with this rubbish because the players themselves can play it well on the ground if they are allowed to do so.

This is not a knee-jerk reaction. I've had enough.

I just hope a wealthy chap whose intentions are honourable takes over our beloved Rovers, and replaces Sam with someone like e.g. Slaven Bilic. Maybe then we will watch the team trying to play proper football.

BTW I forecast the 4-1 defeat in an attempt to put the mokkers on Villa. It didn't work :angry:

Galton fill yer boots................

Couple of dead certs tonight:

1) Villa would win due to new manager

2) Heskey would score, because he always scores against us.

Finally anyone who thinks the Carling cup should be scrapped needs to ask Brentford and Northampton fans for opinions on the subject.

I cannot stand the southern press and the pro Chelsea and Arsenal brigade talking about this competition being a hindrance rather than an honour to take part.

Disgusting big time Charlie’s, the Carling cup has a place in today’s game, make no mistake about that.

Of course you would, so would we all! So all we need now for that to happen is 500 million smackeroonies to spend on the team. :wacko: Any suggestions bazza?

You miss the point.

Blackpool play better football than we do and their maximum wage is a paltry £10,000 a week.

Archived