BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover Thread

I think there is alot of things going on behind the scenes at Ewood Park. I don't know whether Mr Syed Ali is still in pole postition to buy the club. Going from the last thread that they is a Mystery Man wanted the club. Don't know whether this is true or not. Don't know whether they is anybody else who is talking to the club about buying Rovers like Mr Shah. Has it gone all quiet because Mr Syed Ali is almost compeleted his takeover of the club and has signed a NDA and that's why we haven't heard a thing for the last 2 weeks.

• Backroom

I imagine this one will run for a while yet, as has been mentioned, why rush when the transfer window is now closed until January? The trustees now have plenty of time to run the rule over each suitor and weigh up the options. After everything that's happened and that's been said over the past couple of months, it would be very disheartening if it all came to nothing again.

Thanks BPF!

I think "the darkest period comes before dawn" comes to mind or perhaps we are about to enter the quietest fortnight before something happens.

The only change to be made to the last posts I made on the old thread is to say Ali Syed has been active this week. Perhaps WGA have finally clicked that the Rovers/Trust style is quietly quietly in the way Mr Mystery is going about things?

All in all it looks like this was another very busy week for the lead parties.

Thanks BPF!

I think "the darkest period comes before dawn" comes to mind or perhaps we are about to enter the quietest fortnight before something happens.

The only change to be made to the last posts I made on the old thread is to say Ali Syed has been active this week. Perhaps WGA have finally clicked that the Rovers/Trust style is quietly quietly in the way Mr Mystery is going about things?

Philipl, do you think that Mr Ali Syed will be the new owner of rovers or do you think this Mystery man will become owner? do you know who the mystery man is? can you tell us or not?

Thanks BPF!

Philip, if I remember correctly you stated a few weeks ago you were 99% sure that we would get taken over now. Are you still as certain?

Missing Nickos input on things as well, guessing he's keeping the wife happy and saving up some forum time for the January window...:)

Mystery man's bid is a mystery.

He's clearly a player but in the absence of any indication of what he is offering there is no way of comparing him with what Ali Syed said some six weeks ago- always assuming his fine words have translated into a firm offer with those features.

Yes I am pretty certain Rovers will be sold. On a rational basis, still 99% certain yet I hear but simply don't understand those voices repeatedly saying there will be no sale.

No indication on the expiry of the exclusivity but my guess is around now.

There are people with conflicting views about who asked for what. However, a substantial payment being made by WGA for the extension and the WGA press release following rather suggest it wasn't the club/Trustees asking for the extension.

How long is the extended exclusivity period for? The statement from WGA doesn't say but stems from Sep 16 so could be it ends after a month...?

If WGA haven't finalised the purchase within a couple of weeks they will surely be under a lot of pressure? How long can Rovers/the trust let the other interested parties wait in the sidelines, wouldn't they want to resist another extension to the exclusivity period unless they were extremely certain that Syed and his group were the right match for the club, and vice versa?

Mystery man's bid is a mystery.

He's clearly a player but in the absence of any indication of what he is offering there is no way of comparing him with what Ali Syed said some six weeks ago- always assuming his fine words have translated into a firm offer with those features.

Yes I am pretty certain Rovers will be sold. On a rational basis, still 99% certain yet I hear but simply don't understand those voices repeatedly saying there will be no sale.

Cannot for the life of me understand why the trust would not sell. Unless there has been a business model put forward which they feel they could utilise themselves. What ever model that is though would require a modest investment at least.

Thanks BPF!

"Calm be before the storm" is the phrase I would use.

And thanks for the information and/or educated opinion. I, for one, have valued it, as well as Kami's and Nicko's.

keep this one on topic with no insults

Can I please try and put this point over even more strongly. Any off topic, pointless or insulting posts will be removed immediately and may result in a temporary ban for the user.

Enjoy :rover:

Hoping to find out something interesting tomorrow.

But for now...again...

You all need to put more faith in Philip!

I can't...

- I've already got COMPLETE faith in him.

I don't know Philip - never knowingly met him - but it's obvious he knows his subject.

Wether it will all come off in the end only time will tell - but for the moment Philip's eloquent insights are providing me with an education.

Cheers Philip - hopefully you don't have to keep posting on this topic much longer!

IMHO I'd be very surprised if the sale doesn't go ahead this time - it seems that the Trust have made more of a concerted push to resolve this issue than ever before.

My gut feeling is that this momentum will now just keep on rolling until a deal is brokered.

If I remember correctly, Philipl has flagged a total of seven suitors since this circus began. In my humble opinion, that is fanciful in the extreme. I can't see why we should be ignored for so long, then all of a sudden - just as some guy starts to get serious and enters due diligence - loads of other potential bidders crawl out of the woodwork.

Nevertheless, there is some serious interest being shown by more than one party and you have to think that if the Trustees don't sell now, when will they ever sell?

All I can say with absolute certainty is this is a contest.

This means the published media are extremely careful about what they will write both because the NDAs and confidences really matter.

It is not a case of careless talk costs lives but they could cost millions if an aggrieved bidder's lawyer gets serious. And the bidders will be practically living in their lawyers officers now because the lawyers will be producing draft after draft of deal documents.

Therefore anyone outside the process will be getting partial information, old information and certainly decoys which are deliberately being sent out not to confuse the fans but to confuse the other bidder.

And because it is a contest the game changes.

Right now I think it is a contest between Ali Syed and the mystery man.

I think Rovers will be sold because I believe Saurin Shah has put in a bid that is acceptable but as we get to the sharp end of the contest he is not in the action the way the other two are.

But let's put it this way, if it were Saurin Shah against Dan Wiliams, Shah would win as a no brainer- he is miles ahead of anything Williams ever got to.

Then there are the people Mike B saw. They could be Syed people, they could be mystery

Man people or they could be someone else.

There is certainly another party who has a serious and interesting proposal who again would have beaten Dan Williams but his offer is ranked 4th.

The parties reported by the News of the World and the People over a month ago disappeared from the scene about the time they appeared in the press in all likelihood.

Philip in your opinon if Mr Shah was to takeover how much do you think he would have to invest? Do you know who his backers are?

What stage do you think My Syed is at?. My guess is the due dilligance process is complete on both sides and Rovers are trying to decfier if his is the best bid?

Archived