BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tottenham Hotspur vs Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Far too small? He's taller than Puyol and Cannavaro. :rolleyes:

Comparing him to Puyol and Cannavaro are you?

If he had the other qualities that those two possess then fair enough, but he doesn't. Puyol and Cannavaro are amongst the best in the world in other departments. Givet is average everywhere, plus small and slow.

Bothered. It's a struggle for survival every season. If you back off and let Spuds play they're going to bury you.

Our midfield is so, so bad that our only chance is to get in their faces and hit them on the break. We failed to do any of that so we deserve a good hiding.

They were 4th last season and have recently beat Inter Milan.

Hardly what you'd call average.

Odd game, I thought we played along the deck a lot more than in previous games but have been shocking at the back and paid the price.

This isn't the same team that finished 4th.

Comparing him to Puyol and Cannavaro are you?

If he had the other qualities that those two possess then fair enough, but he doesn't. Puyol and Cannavaro are amongst the best in the world in other departments. Givet is average everywhere, plus small and slow.

Then there is no height issue. You simply don't think he's good enough.

I really, seriously, completely do not understand how these same players will pick up their checks for this game's performance.

I dont think we have played bad at all, some players in defence have had bad mistakes but we could have had 3 goals ourselves this half, been a good open game but we havent put our chances away.

It's the same squad. And they've got Van der Vaart and a much improved Bale.

No offence but you've talked a fair amount of gubbins in this thread - Bale being only pace, Spurs being an average side..

No Keane, no King, no Defoe, no Lennon, no Huddlestone, no Palacios etc, etc.

They were there for the taking.

As for the rest - it's ok, I know I'm right.

Then there is no height issue. You simply don't think he's good enough.

...because he's too small! (for a centre half)

He gets beaten in the air on a fairly regular basis.

I'm sure he can play centre back in other leagues, but most teams over here play with at least one very physical centre forward. He doesn't even have a decent jump on him to make up for the lack of height.

Archived