BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tottenham Hotspur vs Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why say things like that when you have absolutely NO IDEA what Allardyce has been saying to his players?

Of course lack of quality has something to do with it, given their midfield is several times better than ours.

Because as much as it would be nice to believer, footballers don't, by default, look to simply hoof the ball. The team consistently does it, particularly when we come out for the second half and I have never seen him shouting at them to stop or taking off the players who are most responsible. Similar things happened at Newcastle, similar things happened at Bolton. Many of these players have played for us for years and weren't so reliant on the tactic in the past (Samba, Nelsen, Emerton, MGP...) and others have played for other premier league clubs and managed to avoid doing it quite as much (Chimbonda, Diouf) and I somehow doubt that Salgado was taught how to do it as a youngster...

Because as much as it would be nice to believer, footballers don't, by default, look to simply hoof the ball. The team consistently does it, particularly when we come out for the second half and I have never seen him shouting at them to stop or taking off the players who are most responsible. Similar things happened at Newcastle, similar things happened at Bolton. Many of these players have played for us for years and weren't so reliant on the tactic in the past (Samba, Nelsen, Emerton, MGP...) and others have played for other premier league clubs and managed to avoid doing it quite as much (Chimbonda, Diouf) and I somehow doubt that Salgado was taught how to do it as a youngster...

In the first half, as den said, we weren't really hoofing. When we had the ball we played it along the deck quite a bit but Spurs were just too good at keeping possession. Obviously there's been games where we have hoofed it too much but this isn't really one of them so far. Sam was very successful at Bolton and did an okay job at Newcastle, so god knows why you're bringing up those examples to support your own prejudices against the manager.

Much better in the second half, it's a shame we lost the game in the first.

I think today shows that we need to use that 5-4-1 formation carefully, 4-2-3-1 has been immeasurably better today since we changed to it.

Let's not take today out of context though, if someone had offered us 6 points from 9 prior to Wigan, we would have bitten their hands off.

Archived