BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England

Iceman

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro 2012 play off fixtures have been drawn with games due to be played the middle of next month. Ireland have what they think is a favourable draw.

Turkey v Croatia

Estonia v Ireland

Czech Republic v Montenegro

Bosnia-Herzegovina v Portugal

3 ex-Yugoslavia teams involved, and Serbia were a bad Vidic penalty away from being the 4th. It's been over 20 years since it was a country, but the region can produce players. It's a shame they are all headcases.

Imagine a side containing Modric, Vucinic, Dzeko, Vidic, numerous others you've heard of, plus the 2 that play for us! Kalinic wouldn't get a look-in.

Euro 2012 play off fixtures have been drawn with games due to be played the middle of next month. Ireland have what they think is a favourable draw.

Turkey v Croatia

Estonia v Ireland

3 ex-Yugoslavia teams involved, and Serbia were a bad Vidic penalty away from being the 4th. It's been over 20 years since it was a country, but the region can produce players. It's a shame they are all headcases.

Imagine a side containing Modric, Vucinic, Dzeko, Vidic, numerous others you've heard of, plus the 2 that play for us! Kalinic wouldn't get a look-in.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the quality of player that is produced in Eastern Europe is up there with the likes of Spain and Germany. The technical ability of the players is unreal and add to it they are obsessed with playing for their countries. Add the likes of Jovetić, Stanković, Subotic, Pjanić, Dzsudzsák, Misimović, Srna and Ivanović and you have some of the best players in Europe who would certainly make it on to most national teams.

Also, Wayne Rooney has been given a three game ban, thus ruling him out of England's group games at the Euros. People had low expectations for England anyway, but I suppose the big question will be whether they bring him. I say they will.

Turkey v Croatia

Estonia v Ireland

Come on Montenegro :D

Come on Montenegro :D

I'm a bit like that most of the time anyway. I cheer for the team that has a Rover in it, sometimes even when they're playing England! I've been saying that last bit since the 1980s when I was as qualified [through grandparents] to cheer for Jack Charlton's Republic of Ireland teams as were most of the players in those teams to play for them.

I'm a bit like that most of the time anyway. I cheer for the team that has a Rover in it, sometimes even when they're playing England! I've been saying that last bit since the 1980s when I was as qualified [through grandparents] to cheer for Jack Charlton's Republic of Ireland teams as were most of the players in those teams to play for them.

Don't let speeeeedie read that! :lol:

Rooney's definite absence will at least dampen the pre-tournament hysteria. I think his being included in the squad depends on the strength of the group. No doubt they'll be inexplicably seeded so it may not be too tough.

The hysteria will start now with the press vilifying UEFA for the 3 game ban. The FA will appeal and get it knocked down to 2*. Capello will take him, and we'll get beat in the quarters as Rooney throws off the team balance.

Rooney's major tournament history is a bit iffy.

Euro 2004 - injured hald way through.

WC 2006 - sent off.

WC2010 - physically yes, mentally no.

*However, if Theno's theory is true it will be 1 or less.

Rooney lost it against Montenegro because England weren't having much of the ball second half. Sometimes this happen but you got control your temper and keep your head!!! Rooney didn't and will miss half of the Euro's, his fault and nobody else!!!

I would play 4-3-3 now with Gerrard, Parker and Wilshere in midfield and Walcott and Ashley Young wide and Bent up front on his own. Go with Pace I say!

ashley cole is the other world class player, best leftback in the world.

That's as maybe, but I've not forgiven him for taking was it J.H. Forrest's [too late to look it up at this time of night] record of most F.A. Cup Winners' medals!! ;)

Don't let speeeeedie read that! :lol:

Good one :D.

ashley cole is the other world class player, best leftback in the world.

He is. However him coming across as a c0ck of the highest order doesn't help. Plus cheating on Princess Diana's media replacement and getting caught didn't help.

Paul Scholes was another world class player England had but never properly used him.

lol. Can you possibly ever imagine UEFA pulling something off like this with Spain or Italy? Banning David Villa or Buffon for the entire group stage? Ridiculous.

How pathetic is all this Rooney coverage! Are England a one man team now ?

Sometimes he seems to be the only one trying, yes.

Rooney should not be included in any England activity till after the competition.

What ever else he is, he is a fool.

On a good day you would probably want him in your team but the thing is he has a short fuse and you can never tell when he is going to blow.

So for that reason we have to take him out of the team for at least the competition and let someone else into the squad .

Assuming this appeal fails, Wayne can put his feet up and watch it on telly, along with any games from here on in. Putting him in the squad on the chance we get past the group stages at Euro 2012 would waste a place. The team is ____ anyway, but that doesn't mean potato face should be let off.

Archived