• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robbo

Salgado Samba Nelsen Givet

Emerton Gamst

Hoillet Diouf Olsson

Kalinic

BBC says Samba is fit again and for me regardless of what has been said and done if he is he needs to be on the pitch. He has become so integral to our play from both attacking and defending perspectives. Given we've started leaking we need to get the most stable and consistent back 4 possible out there and those 4 have been the main-stay for us the last couple of years. Emerton needs to be kept on a leash either from the sideline or by the centre backs or probably a bit of both. I wouldn't go near either Goulon or Lingzani as I don't see either being up to the grade.

We need someone who once the ball gets in the final third can retain it and give the team some time to support. Diouf is the best we have at this so ask him to play as the supporting man to the striker and hopefully we can start to build when we get the ball forward. Hoillet and Olsson are the quickest attacking players we have so hopefully they can get beyond him and we can start creating some chances.

Kalinic well he's certainly not done as well as he promised in patches, but when your only other option is a man with a worse touch than JR he'll do. Diouf MKII well he's quick, but really apart from that he's not very good and with Hoillet being both ours and a far better player running with ball, Diouf MKII can take JR's role, impact player. If we are going to play as we look and retain the ball and look to play 'pass N move' we need players who will do the moving aspect as for a long time we haven't done this. You would hope that Hoillet and olsson just through their running and pace would give us options for forward balls on quiet a frequent basis. I would also hope that by playing the likes of Diouf, Olsson & Hoillet that we would also stretch teams more and hopefully create a bit more time and space on the ball.

I'd love to see Salgado in midfield. I wonder if Kean has the balls to do it.

It would be a logic choice for me with Emerton having more pace is suited to a full-back role, whilst Salgado as greater technical skill & can also get stuck in, something which our midfield has seriously been lacking in recentley.

It's a bit early for any of that sort of talk isn't it? With the players we have out I'd happily take a point.

Depends how you look at it I suppose. If we're settling for 17th now then it's not anything of the sort, if we have ambitions of avoiding a dogfight then we need to start picking up points sooner rather than later. Four games without a win is never a good situation to be in.

ALBION (4-2-3-1): Carson; Jara, Scharner, Tamas, Shorey; Mulumbu, Dorrans; Tchoyi, Morrison, Thomas; Odemwingie. Subs: Myhill (gk), Miller, Barnes, Cox, S Reid, Ibanez, Cech.

BLACKBURN (4-4-2): Robinson; Salgado, Nelsen, Hanley, Olsson; E Diouf, Dunn, Pedersen, Emerton; Kalinic, M Diouf. Subs: Bunn (gk), Givet, Linganzi, Doran, Benjani, Hoillet, Morris.

Givet dropped. Absolutely shocking that Hanley starts ahead of Givet. Samba "not fit".

ALBION (4-2-3-1): Carson; Jara, Scharner, Tamas, Shorey; Mulumbu, Dorrans; Tchoyi, Morrison, Thomas; Odemwingie. Subs: Myhill (gk), Miller, Barnes, Cox, S Reid, Ibanez, Cech.

BLACKBURN (4-4-2): Robinson; Salgado, Nelsen, Hanley, Olsson; E Diouf, Dunn, Pedersen, Emerton; Kalinic, M Diouf. Subs: Bunn (gk), Givet, Linganzi, Doran, Benjani, Hoillet, Morris.

3 points but weve got to hit them on the counter. we are the away side and theyve only got one upfront. It says to me they are hoping to get us on the counter with thomas and odem what you call me's pace.

Tchoyi

Thomas

Odemwingie

Have impressed me this year, Jara at the back for wba is shaky and id have mgp winning high balls against him as hes short tempered.

No Rovers news yet.

Not a bad team. Surprise he drop Givet. But that is a attacking line up. 4-4-2. Still don't think Dunn should be playing imo, rather we play Linganzi in centre with Pedersen. Dunn must be playing Left wing not centre anyway.

Come on ROVERS!!!

Depends how you look at it I suppose. If we're settling for 17th now then it's not anything of the sort, if we have ambitions of avoiding a dogfight then we need to start picking up points sooner rather than later. Four games without a win is never a good situation to be in.

I wouldn't say that not getting the 3 points here is settling for 17th. We have players out. We need players in. We are adjusting to a new style and system with a new gaffer to boot. I think saying games are a "must win" at this point is uneccessary.

Archived