BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam for Burnley

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as when we get United in the cup he knows how to stop Sneijder :) :)

Wasnt miles ahead of when i was told :) plenty of money coming my way thanks, thankfully i didnt bother with your ahem 'tips' or i would'nt have won as much. Lambert, Mackay Allardyce.......

Allardyce :) :)

Well done Nicko you certainly got this one right, here is your original quote about Big Sam on this thread,

"I know he is out for revenge. And I know the call has been made".

Come on admit it, you're a fake, with Lambert and MacKay out of it, your guess wasn't that hard. Oh yeah before you spout again, we know that McInnes is next in line.

As long as when we get United in the cup he knows how to stop Sneijder :) :)

Wasnt miles ahead of what i was told :) plenty of money coming my way thanks, thankfully i didnt bother with your ahem 'tips' or i would'nt have won as much. Lambert, Mackay Allardyce.......

So I was right. You can't keep up.

Anyway, get those sheep herded away now.

There's a good chap.

As long as when we get United in the cup he knows how to stop Sneijder :)

Wasnt miles ahead of when i was told :) plenty of money coming my way thanks, thankfully i didnt bother with your ahem 'tips' or i would'nt have won as much. Lambert, Mackay Allardyce.......

Are you bitter because they all turned you down? Mackay chose to stay at watford of all places rather than join your mob... :lol:

If you could read - and understand - you would see the story was miles ahead of anybody else's.

I do realise it's hard to follow for the dim-witted.

I can claim a scoop here then!

Sent 31 December 2010 - 09:25 AM

We are both in a bit mof a mess at the moment, us more than yourselves, hearing today that if compo can be agreed, Eddie Howe is to mbe next manager of BFC.

Hope you had a good Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

But not too happy, dont want you overtaking Rovers !! lol

;)

We are both in a bit mof a mess at the moment, us more than yourselves, hearing today that if compo can be agreed, Eddie Howe is to mbe next manager of BFC.

;)

Nice one Kelbo, clearly Howe was our first choice, but first make a couple of our rivals give their managers huge rises so they can't afford any more players, clever stuff, what a result.

Yeah because they know nothing. What we really need to unleash on the world stage is the Sam Allardyce brand of football.

It's that direct percentage game that has given Brazil, Spain and Germany so much success over the years. Just look at the clubs banging on his door since his dismissal here.

Bucky you really do know nowt! Your ignorance in this is stunning. Do you believe for one minute that the one major trophy that we have won was done with an effervescent brand of attacking football that was the envy of the world? Well do you? Cos I can tell you it bloody well wasn't. Alf Ramsey's 'wingless wonders' as they were so roundly derided in the press before the World Cup had even kicked off made that trophy their own spurred on by most of the press and media pouring scorn and derision on them and effectively writing them off.

Nobby Stiles was no playmaker thats for sure, he was played simply to man mark whoever the opponents star midfield player was and stop the 60's equivalents of Iniesta and Messi dominating proceedings BY ANY MEANS and AT ANY COSTS. He was our midfield destroyer.

The great big lummox that was Jack Charlton won every ball in the air in defence and in attack and when we had corners and free kicks he was almost unstoppable in the air.

The late Alan Ball covered every inch of the pitch every game filling in and shoring up in midfield closing down and snapping at every free ball and every opponent.

Alf's idea was for some players to do the dirty work whilst the likes of Bobby Charlton and Bobby Moore were given the time, space and protection to play cultured creative football and provide the bullets for Hurst and Peters. Worked too.

If you think for one minute that 11 England players can stand toe to toe and trade metaphorical punches with the very best in World football then you are delusional. If Sir Alf had tried to take these teams on at their own brand of passing football we'd still have won sweet FA.

Never underestimate any team playing Allardyces 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 tactics and especially one that would have the pick of Englands finest. Mourhino become a world wide name by playing a similar brand of football but with top players. You won't rem this either but the great Liverpool team of the late 70's and early 80's played a devastatingly succesful brand of 4-5-1. Sure we love to remember the great Ajax and AC Milan teams, the Galactico's of Madrid and Barca's finest but thinking that every team can go out and emulate them is just daft. You mention Spain but they are a flash in the pan and but for a horror miss by Robben would have handed the World Cup to the Dutch Destroyers this summer.

Bucky you really do know nowt! Your ignorance in this is stunning. Do you believe for one minute that the one major trophy that we have won was done with an effervescent brand of attacking football that was the envy of the world? Well do you? Cos I can tell you it bloody well wasn't. Alf Ramsey's 'wingless wonders' as they were so roundly derided in the press before the World Cup had even kicked off made that trophy their own spurred on by most of the press and media pouring scorn and derision on them and effectively writing them off.

Nobby Stiles was no playmaker thats for sure, he was played simply to man mark whoever the opponents star midfield player was and stop the 60's equivalents of Iniesta and Messi dominating proceedings BY ANY MEANS and AT ANY COSTS. He was our midfield destroyer.

The great big lummox that was Jack Charlton won every ball in the air in defence and in attack and when we had corners and free kicks he was almost unstoppable in the air.

The late Alan Ball covered every inch of the pitch every game filling in and shoring up in midfield closing down and snapping at every free ball and every opponent.

Alf's idea was for some players to do the dirty work whilst the likes of Bobby Charlton and Bobby Moore were given the time, space and protection to play cultured creative football and provide the bullets for Hurst and Peters. Worked too.

If you think for one minute that 11 England players can stand toe to toe and trade metaphorical punches with the very best in World football then you are delusional. If Sir Alf had tried to take these teams on at their own brand of passing football we'd still have won sweet FA.

Never underestimate any team playing Allardyces 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 tactics and especially one that would have the pick of Englands finest. Mourhino become a world wide name by playing a similar brand of football but with top players. You won't rem this either but the great Liverpool team of the late 70's and early 80's played a devastatingly succesful brand of 4-5-1. Sure we love to remember the great Ajax and AC Milan teams, the Galactico's of Madrid and Barca's finest but thinking that every team can go out and emulate them is just daft. You mention Spain but they are a flash in the pan and but for a horror miss by Robben would have handed the World Cup to the Dutch destroyers this summer.

:lol:

:lol:

Thanks for that educated and enlightening contribution braddock. More eloquent than your normal contributions if I may say so. Rishtons finest will be proud of you.

Theno.

Things have moved on. That's why Sam keeps getting sacked.

Let it go

Think so Bucky? :rolleyes: The more things change the more they stay the same. History will always repeat itself.

Anyway Allardyce has gone so why don't you let it go?

Thanks for that educated and enlightening contribution braddock. More eloquent than your normal contributions if I may say so. Rishtons finest will be proud of you.

You're welcome.

You seem fascinated by the town I live in. I'm beginning to think it's a prejudice of yours. Where would you like me to live?

I was simply laughing at the first six words of your post. I presume there was a hint of irony intended.

;)

Wish I'd followed your advice and backed him rather than backing the one I wanted

Theno as much as I can agree with the majority of stuff you have posted you have to remember that football for some including me is a romance and should be more than just results.

The past two years have been fantastic for the club and Sam has done a great job, he guided us to premiership safety, got the books balanced, and managed to get some of the youth firing, without him we probably would'nt have found a buyer so easily, so massive credit where it is due.

There is just one thing that has bothered me, the style of football is terrible it's beyond terrible, how we have been brainwashed into getting exited for free kicks and corner ball's had just gone on way too long, you can talk about Sam's tactics and how we were more than a set piece team but thousands of fans walking away from a 3-0 win with long faces, talking about how we had just been outplayed by wolves at home but somehow managed to win say's it all.

My dad who first introduced me to Rovers, who has had a season ticket way before I was born, was talking of not renewing his season ticket for next year, this news left me heartbroke as I have shared many a year with my dad watching Rovers, although granted I dont go to as many as I would like but I still buy my season ticket to go when I can and be with my old man.

I had to work late so missed the first half of the Liverpool game and caught the rest on tv, after the game my old man rang me up giddy as a schoolgirl talking about renewing his season ticket and how that was the best match he has had seen in two years and what prospects the young lads on the wings looked.

That match for him and that phonecall for me were enough reason to buy two more season tickets next year REGARDLESS of remaining fixtures and points taken. Football for some is more than the Premier league.

Theno as much as I can agree with the majority of stuff you have posted you have to remember that football for some including me is a romance and should be more than just results.

The past two years have been fantastic for the club and Sam has done a great job, he guided us to premiership safety, got the books balanced, and managed to get some of the youth firing, without him we probably would'nt have found a buyer so easily, so massive credit where it is due.

There is just one thing that has bothered me, the style of football is terrible it's beyond terrible, how we have been brainwashed into getting exited for free kicks and corner ball's had just gone on way too long, you can talk about Sam's tactics and how we were more than a set piece team but thousands of fans walking away from a 3-0 win with long faces, talking about how we had just been outplayed by wolves at home but somehow managed to win say's it all.

My dad who first introduced me to Rovers, who has had a season ticket way before I was born, was talking of not renewing his season ticket for next year, this news left me heartbroke as I have shared many a year with my dad watching Rovers, although granted I dont go to as many as I would like but I still buy my season ticket to go when I can and be with my old man.

I had to work late so missed the first half of the Liverpool game and caught the rest on tv, after the game my old man rang me up giddy as a schoolgirl talking about renewing his season ticket and how that was the best match he has had seen in two years and what prospects the young lads on the wings looked.

That match for him and that phonecall for me were enough reason to buy two more season tickets next year REGARDLESS of remaining fixtures and points taken. Football for some is more than the Premier league.

Brilliant post.

Archived