BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam for Burnley

Every single time he has been linked with a Premier League post (recently West Ham and Aston Villa - bare in mind I use the term linked loosely, discussed may be more appropriate) on talksport, all the pundits who support the linked team, yet whom have called his sacking from us a disgrace have expressed their concern at being linked with him.

He's good enough for Rovers, but he's not good enough for a proper club is the feeling I get from them.

Says a lot about his neutral 'supporters'.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicko, I know you Know nothing about the dingle's new manager. From the start of this topic you have spouted your guess work, which is rubbish.

I only use to read all topics on this site without posting, but you bringing all these dingles on has wound me up.

Go back to dingles mad and admit, YOU KNOW NOTHING!

Welcome aboard, always nice to have a new poster.

Every single time he has been linked with a Premier League post (recently West Ham and Aston Villa - bare in mind I use the term linked loosely, discussed may be more appropriate) on talksport, all the pundits who support the linked team, yet whom have called his sacking from us a disgrace have expressed their concern at being linked with him.

He's good enough for Rovers, but he's not good enough for a proper club is the feeling I get from them.

Says a lot about his neutral 'supporters'.

Nail on head.

Some of my friends used to annoy me in that respect, "he's good for a team like Blackburn", "you cant really do any better".

I always argued that we could. We will see.

This dingle love in is making me feel nauseous :(

Mercerman thinks they have better fans than us.

*suspicious*

Better supporters?

After years of spouting: 'If we were int Premier League, we'd sell t'turf out every week-

Reality: They only sold out their 19000 home seats a handful of times for their one and only crack at the big time.

As well as: 'proper fans have Burnleh, not like plastics at Deadwood'.

Reality: Outsung from start to finish at Ewood and Turf.

So I will never again listen to said claptrap from our smalltime neighbours.

Nicko, I know you Know nothing about the dingle's new manager. From the start of this topic you have spouted your guess work, which is rubbish.

I only use to read all topics on this site without posting, but you bringing all these dingles on has wound me up.

Go back to dingles mad and admit, YOU KNOW NOTHING!

Why is your user name then ACCY CLARET !!

Oops..

I know why I don't like him. I don't need you to incorrectly point it out to me.

Just trying to ruffle some feathers ;) Point is, people like me don't think he underachieved as manager and the people against Sam seem to suggest that he did. If you honestly think he should've done better then I really wonder what it is you expected. If you want to say he's a horrible human being and you despise him and everything about him, I wouldn't argue with you, but if you want to make an argument that he's a poor manager then that's just plain wrong and I would argue that point all day. Credit where credit's due.

So what if we slowly managed to become mildly better at scraping results? It was still horrible to watch and it was still all about him.

Mildly better? Going from foot of the table to 15th to 10th to being in a position to challenge for Europe in 2 years isn't exactly 'mildly better'.

I know he had little money to spend but he did waste 6 million on Kalinic. That was a signing made on a whim for a lot of money. Before I get lambasted, I really like Kalinic but he was never going to work in Allardyce's style was he? Similar story with Di Santo. Why spend that much money when you have Jason Roberts being told he can leave. The perfect striker for big boot one up top. I could see it from the beginning and I've always tried to avoid his football, which lets face it isn't hard, but yet he couldn't. Then he played the blame game ever time we created nothing and deservedly scored nothing. When we got goals through luck he was a genius. Go figure.

Ironically, Kalinic scored his 2 goals against West Brom playing in a 4-5-1 with the first goal coming from a long ball and the second from a set piece. Di Santo is obviously proving to be a huge hit at Wigan now that he's away from Allardyce right? Oh wait, I forgot. Sam's to blame for ruining his career. Roberts was in poor form and the fans were quickly losing patience with him until this season when he started banging in a goal per game.

Your last sentence is absolutely exaggerated rubbish. It's obvious fans have selective memories. He gave credit to his players multiple times after matches, I am betting that if I went back through his interviews, I'd maybe find a couple of interviews where he's solely praised himself. He's blasted the players before and rightfully so on occasion. If we create multiple chances and fail to score or defend abysmally, I expect the manager to criticse the players, not say "they tried their darned hardest, but better luck next time".

Oh and 10th was like "winning the league". That was his ceiling. And the money issue is irrelevant because if we had more money then he wouldn't have been here, and it's exactly why he isn't here now.

How was it his ceiling? When he first took over he said his long-term aim with the club was to get us pushing for Europe after a couple of seasons.

Yes, he definitely wasn't to be trusted with the money to bring Santa Cruz (one of his targets) on loan and a kid from Barca for a million :rolleyes: Ironically, even Mrs. Desai used Sam to give credibility to their pursuit of Ronaldinho in an interview, by saying Sam spoke of bringing in an impact signing as well. "We don't want Sam to use our money, but we'll totally try and sign all the players he wanted. That makes sense right? Right."

Right, first things first. There is no way we were ever going to push for Europe this season under Allardyce. No way in hell. Not saying we will do now by the way, who knows what'll happen.

The season before we finished 15th and he "saved" us, we finished 7th!

I know we lost players but Friedel for Robbo was a trade up, he's over the hill. Bentley was never really replaced and Roque was injured granted. And I accepted a 15th place finish but we never kicked on.

-14 goal difference last year. -14! Watching the ball aimlessly hoofed every week waiting for a mistake was sole destroying.

I also wouldn't mind if we had the players in our side to justify playing leveller tactics but we don't and he didn't buy players suited to it either.

Also Di Santo is injured. That's one reason why you'll have heard nothing of him. Another reason is the fact he's at Wigan. And he's at Wigan because he was crap for us because of how he was played.

He and Kevin Davis are two peas in a pod aren't they? Both big, strong, good in the air, like playing with their backs to goal... No? Then why the hell was he brought in to do that?! He's going to look rubbish doing something he can't do. How about we stick Samba up front and see how good he looks there?.. Wait...

Against West Brom we didn't play 4-5-1. We played 4-4-2. And what does that have to do with anything? I actually like 4-5-1 as a system on the whole.

And Kalinic's first goal wasn't a long ball, it was a pass. A good pass at that.

Just because Allardyce said he wanted to get us into Europe doesn't mean he was capable of doing. And so what if we are looking at players that he was looking at bringing in? He brought in Kalinic, I'm glad he did, but he sure as hell didn't have a clue how to use him.

XLM, if you look at the Premier League table for calendar year 2010, Rovers were comfortably in 7th place and therefore are already at Europa League qualification level over 38 matches.

It might not have been pretty but that is a hard fact of what Sam achieved in his last 37 matches with us (Kean drew the last one at home to the bottom club).

XLM, if you look at the Premier League table for calendar year 2010, Rovers were comfortably in 7th place and therefore are already at Europa League qualification level over 38 matches.

It might not have been pretty but that is a hard fact of what Sam achieved in his last 37 matches with us (Kean drew the last one at home to the bottom club).

If only honours were dished out over two half seasons -_-:wacko:

Cruz true but you cannot take away that on the twelve month form table at 31 December, Rovers were 7th.

That is the benchmark against which we can measure improvement. Sam did not chose to get fired when he did so we have to use the measure of the Venky's own making don't we?

As for booze and strippers- do you seriously expect Steve Kean to tolerate that sort of behaviour?

Right, first things first. There is no way we were ever going to push for Europe this season under Allardyce. No way in hell. Not saying we will do now by the way, who knows what'll happen.

Just because Allardyce said he wanted to get us into Europe doesn't mean he was capable of doing.

Sadly we'll never find out because of the stupidity of the new owners but there is every chance we would have improved on last year's 10th under Allardyce.

Kean's taken 7 points out of 15 so far which is less points than I had marked Sam down for over those games.

Let's see how it goes - if Kean avoids relegation I'll take my hat off to him. But it's been proved time and again that clubs that constantly change managers do not do better in the long run.

Sam's sacking was cruel and unnecessary and with just a little financial backing from the new owners we could have challenged for 7th place under him this season.

Nicko, you know nothing... :lol:

Howe didn't look too happy to me when he 'pledged' to stay at Bournemouth yesterday.

McInnes has heard nothing.

And Burnley did want to name their boss by today...

Chumbafrigginwamba!

Happy days. Hope he gets it. Pay for Xmas.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2011/01/09/burnley-palace-and-charlton-all-chasing-eddie-howe-to-take-charge-102039-22835230/

Cruz true but you cannot take away that on the twelve month form table at 31 December, Rovers were 7th.

That is the benchmark against which we can measure improvement. Sam did not chose to get fired when he did so we have to use the measure of the Venky's own making don't we?

7th in 2010! That is excellent philip and puts Venkeys stupidity into proper context. Do you have the full table?

Be interesting to see how we'd have done if Allardyce had also had the services of emerging England internationals Warnock and Bentley to call on, not to mention age years -2 of Dutch captain Ooijer and the incomparable Freidel and Tugay.

To his and Allardyces credit Robinson has come on in leaps and bounds but first season he was poor until Allardyce came in and repaired his shattered confidence. As for the rest Allardyce quite simply was denied the necessary funding. As yet despite much hot air we haven't witnessed Kean getting much either which if nothing else will make for a better comparison with his predecessor over the coming months.

So that'd be 94-95 ish. Whatever persuaded you to get one then? :rolleyes:

Considering I had just turned six it was the first time I was allowed to go for a full season. Before then I'd been to matches semi regularly with my Dad for the previous season or two, but I think they were just weighing up whether it would be worth getting me a season ticket at such an early age or not, but given my interest they realised it made sense to do so.

I guess the fact my first match was the play-off win at Wembley makes me even more of a glory supporter does it?

Archived