BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam for Burnley

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was taken after the utd game. He was stuggling to come terms with beating the biggest club in the world down turf..........how did you lot get on against them a few weeks back ? ? ?

Relegation day numpty:

Steven-Gerrard-006.jpg

looking forward to yours this season.............numpty ! Anyway, this a burnley thread, stop hijacking it :rolleyes:

This guy needs banning, it's our forum my six fingered companion.

And I bet you we don't go down. You won't go up either. Back to normal :rolleyes:

jesus, only trying to have a bit of banter :(

"If Burnley can't lure Sam, howabout his number 2? McDonald has managed before and did well the few games he stepped in for Sam "

I heard a rumour he had applied. Don't know much about him so haven't really got an opinion on him.

Thats my opinion of him.

Steer clear, there are better options around. You are doing ok being rudderless just now, and no rudder is better than your Brian Laws rudder.

If we had the chance to get big sam, we'd be crazy to turn him down. Was it long ball all the time with you guys ? Some people say that he did have bolton playing some decent stuff at times.

Dont believe the know-nowts, they know nowt about football. Truth is that Allardyce is a top manager and especially so for small clubs with limited funds. If you lot had got Sam when Coyle left you might well still be in the prem despite Coyle and Kilby saddling you with rather too many Championship quality players.

It was horrible.

Yeah. Getting relegated would have been MUCH better. I'm sure Bolton fans hated them taking him from mid table in the old Division One into repeated top 6 finishes, and I'm sure Burnley would hate him taking them into the Premier League as we all know he is more than capable of.

You have some gall calling anyone else a moron...

Yeah. Getting relegated would have been MUCH better. I'm sure Bolton fans hated them taking him from mid table in the old Division One into repeated top 6 finishes, and I'm sure Burnley would hate him taking them into the Premier League as we all know he is more than capable of.

You have some gall calling anyone else a moron...

There is the belief in his propaganda.

Can't believe people still think it was as simple as him or relegation.

There is the belief in his propaganda.

Can't believe people still think it was as simple as him or relegation.

I can't believe there's idiots who think having a tiny (negative) transfer budget can get you much better than finishing 10th in the league. We WERE on the way to relegation before Sam arrived.

There are only three teams in this league these last ten years who have managed to have sustained success for multiple seasons in this league on tiny budgets. Allardyce's Bolton, Rovers under Hughes and Sam, and Stoke under Pulis. Apart from Hughes' first full season with Rovers, all of them had a reputation in the press for playing unattractive football. Things were a bit more entertaining to watch under Hughes but then I suppose if Sam had inherited someone with the skills of Tugay still being able to ping brilliant balls around the park things would've looked a damn sight better too.

Archived