BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam for Burnley

I suppose if Sam had inherited someone with the skills of Tugay still being able to ping brilliant balls around the park things would've looked a damn sight better too.

But what would Sam have done to Tugay? Now there's the rub. That would have been a real clash of styles. Luckily it never happened.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anti-football, anti-skill, anti-entertainment.

He'd make a better american football coach.

No money, crap squad, relegation written all over

15th finish

10th finish

21 points well before the new year

Job well done

Sam saved us!

A football man through and through sacrificed by stupid owners

That was taken after the utd game. He was stuggling to come terms with beating the biggest club in the world down turf..........how did you lot get on against them a few weeks back ? ? ?

And how about you THIS season, did you do well against them?

No money, crap squad, relegation written all over

15th finish

10th finish

21 points well before the new year

Job well done

Sam saved us!

A football man through and through sacrificed by stupid owners

ridiculous post

moron

"No way would sam join burnley"

We'll find out at the end of today after the west ham board meeting I think. My feeling is were in for him, but understandably he wants to see what happens with west ham first. If grant stays, I think he might just be unveiled as burnley manager tonight. All my in laws are season ticket holders at ewood and they said to me "appoint big sam and your selling your footballing soul to the devil.....but, he will do the business " After the brian laws debacle I think I'm ready to " sell my footballing soul" for some success.

A good performance against Liverpool and Sam is the anti-Christ.

He did an excellent job in his two years. Crap budget but got 2 improved finishes in the league with every chance of a third plus a cup semi final.

He was by no means perfect, but if you want results and to give yourself a fantasic chance to get up and STAY up, he is the man.

So, Stuart Gray for me.

But what would Sam have done to Tugay?

Force him to retire.

Unfortunately it did happen - and for all those who are going to say that Tugay was too old, after watching Nzonzi and Andrews in the centre of our midfield all last season can you honestly tell me that Tugay wouldn't have done a better job than even one of them??

That was taken after the utd game. He was stuggling to come terms with beating the biggest club in the world down turf..........how did you lot get on against them a few weeks back ? ? ?

More importantly, how have you lot gone on against us, say since 14 April 1979. Perhaps you would care to list each score.

That was taken after the Rovers game. He was stuggling to come terms with getting beat by the biggest club in Lancashire down turf again..........we haven't beaten them in 32 years

I have edited your comment to make more sense :rover:

Slight edit.

Yeah, he would do well at the start, but it's selling your football soul and eventually the morons start believing his propaganda.

Hey Up! The Rishton mind set strikes again. You lot have obviously formed a cabal! HQ The Wam by any chance with meeting times predominantly 3pm on Saturdays?

I should forgive as you lot will be half dingle but being forgiving is not really in my nature.

btw 'Braddock'? Can we assume that that is Rishton rhyming slang? :P

All Burnley supporters - if Sam joins you then rejoice. He is a GUARANTEE for success ie Bolton, Rovers and even Newcastle (look how they dropped when Ashley foolishly sacked him).

I personally was very sad to see him go. For me, he's a football genius, shrewd and charismatic.

He would have given his right arm to be able to spend what Laws did !

On very, very, very restricted resources, he did a superb job. It's all about maximising what's available to you and what would have been the point of trying to play like Arsenal or open expansive football like Paul Ince !

Good luck and hope Kilby sees sense.

Force him to retire.

Unfortunately it did happen - and for all those who are going to say that Tugay was too old, after watching Nzonzi and Andrews in the centre of our midfield all last season can you honestly tell me that Tugay wouldn't have done a better job than even one of them??

No one appreciated Tugay more than I. He is easily in my top 5 of players that I have seen in 50 years of watching. (Duggie, Duff, Shearer and Friedel being the others that stand apart from the rest)

You are however being harsh there DaveyB, N'Zonzi was player of the season last year and put in numerous good shifts. To mention him alongside Keith Andrews is quite frankly ludicrous.

For what it's worth I think Tugay might have become a little bit of an enemy within, a clash of personalities between him and the manager from which there could only ever be one winner, and for the long term good of the club too.

I take my hat off to you claretinpeace. How you could possibly have known that was taken after the MU game when that picture could have been taken just about every weekend from Oct 17th onwards I don't know.

Hey Up! The Rishton mind set strikes again. You lot have obviously formed a cabal! HQ The Wam by any chance with meeting times predominantly 3pm on Saturdays?

I should forgive as you lot will be half dingle but being forgiving is not really in my nature.

Where do you think Rishton is?

Allardyce kept us up, fair enough. But I would argue it was just as much of; we stayed up with Allardyce in charge.

The most aggrevating thing about the man is everything to do with the club becomes about him because he plays his system and his tactics no matter who the players are. He's like a parasite, latches onto a club and inherits their name and takes away the enjoyment of football. The team becomes him. All the talk is about him.

Let's face it, this was his season. He'd been here for long enough, bedded in, made his signings and we were in the same position as we were a year ago. No progression of style, non in quality and non in league position. He had run his course, done a job and that was his limit. We needed the ship settling after Ince and he did that but he isn't the messiah for it for Christ's sake.

Where do you think Rishton is?

Allardyce kept us up, fair enough. But I would argue it was just as much of; we stayed up with Allardyce in charge.

The most aggrevating thing about the man is everything to do with the club becomes about him because he plays his system and his tactics no matter who the players are. He's like a parasite, latches onto a club and inherits their name and takes away the enjoyment of football. The team becomes him. All the talk is about him.

Let's face it, this was his season. He'd been here for long enough, bedded in, made his signings and we were in the same position as we were a year ago. No progression of style, non in quality and non in league position. He had run his course, done a job and that was his limit. We needed the ship settling after Ince and he did that but he isn't the messiah for it for Christ's sake.

If he gets another Prem team, he will be in charge for less time than he was here.

I still don't think West Ham will give him the job. On 5L yesterday they were already saying he would keep them up but then priobably wouldn't be offered an extension due to his style.

btw 'Braddock'? Can we assume that that is Rishton rhyming slang? :P

No, I'm a season ticket holder and have been for sixteen years.

I've been known to watch a few televised away games in there though.

Braddock is actually the surname of the main character in the film The Graduate.

Try and keep things on topic though.

All Burnley supporters - if Sam joins you then rejoice. He is a GUARANTEE for success ie Bolton, Rovers and even Newcastle (look how they dropped when Ashley foolishly sacked him).

I personally was very sad to see him go. For me, he's a football genius, shrewd and charismatic.

He would have given his right arm to be able to spend what Laws did !

On very, very, very restricted resources, he did a superb job. It's all about maximising what's available to you and what would have been the point of trying to play like Arsenal or open expansive football like Paul Ince !

Good luck and hope Kilby sees sense.

Thats almost sick inducing.

Archived