BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

I seem to remember that Jim only ever said that it wouldn't happen - and recieved a lot of abuse for it.

I think the abuse was mainly over the fact that every time he posted his opinion (i.e 15-20 times) he also claimed that anyone disagreeing with him was a spotty-faced teenager.

Plenty of people have said that there's no way this is happening, and received zero abuse.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to remember that Jim only ever said that it wouldn't happen - and recieved a lot of abuse for it.

only saying.... no doubt he'll clarify what he did say. :)

I seem to remeber him saying something more along teh lines of anyone even dicussing it was a "spotty teenager" or something equally as insulting...

If there's apologising to be doen he's got his fair share to do.

I don't believe them. I have spent the last few hours pointing out how they are talking bull about this story.

LIke someone said above the artile contradicts itself, saying there will be meetings tomorrow to work out the deal. Weird to go out and announce the arrival a day before the discussions...

It makes sense for Italian Papers to get hold of this information at a relatively early point, with their insiders. However, I wouldn't be in a position to name who should be trusted when it comes to that. Maybe the La Gazzetta dello Sport?

I think we should just leave this farcical notion alone. What people were expecting Ronaldinho to offer to us anyway, apart from excellent sponsorship and shirt-sales, was just what Benni McCarthy offered us before he left - an overweight player that's best suited down near the corner flag performing for Soccer AM's Showboat segment.

There is a Brazilian airline that flies direct from Manchester to 6 or 7 Brazilian airports... checked it a few months back coz I wanna go to the next World Cup.

I can feel that there is disappointment just round the corner, but my fingers & toes are firmly crossed!!!

I'm going in February and there isn't. Only direct flights from London are to Rio and Sao Paulo, TAP fly to about 8 or 9 cities but need changing at Lisbon/Porto.

Anyway, doesn't matter as doesn't look like this transfer is going to happen...

According to a Brazil based reporter on 5live, the Brazil clubs interested cannot afford to pay AC Milan a transfer fee, as the Italian club are looking to recoup some money and that is where Rovers have an advantage, but he also said that althought the Brazil clubs couldn't pay the transfer they could match the wages by using sponsors to pay Ronnies wages.

Mark Lawrenson thought it was unbeliveable that we even dare to try to sign him.

I seem to remember that jim was obnoxious and insulting and that was why he was getting stick (I'd hardly call it abuse).

Ronnie gone, pato next..?

No? AC Milan sit at the top of the table. Why would they get rid of Pato when he clearly has a part to play at the club? (And before anyone says 'well, why are they getting rid of Ronaldinho,' Ronnie hasn't started in about two months, and Milan have been in excellent form without him. They don't need him, so they'll get rid. He did his job last season, and now he's surplus. Just so happens his contract is coming up.)

According to a Brazil based reporter on 5live, the Brazil clubs interested cannot afford to pay AC Milan a transfer fee, as the Italian club are looking to recoup some money and that is where Rovers have an advantage, but he also said that althought the Brazil clubs couldn't pay the transfer they could match the wages by using sponsors to pay Ronnies wages.

Mark Lawrenson thought it was unbeliveable that we even dare to try to sign him.

I despise Mark Lawrenson :angry:

I think it's unbeliveable that Lawrenson is still billed as the beeb's 'football expert'.

Just listened to Radio 5...what a fuss about the Ronaldinho thing.

Couple of observations.

Mrs D was pretty specific with the terms. The more I think of it the more it shows that they are trying to emphasise the dough to the Ronaldinho Brothers.

The BBC guy in Brazil was very sensible and got it right. The money is at Rovers. I don't care who 'sponsors' a deal for him in Brazil I wouldn't be counting on seeing my cash after a year or so when they get bored.

Lawrenson is simply a disgrace. A man who knows nothing. About anything. It looks like a hairdresser, it talks like a hairdresser, it must be a....

The 11 o'clocker will be good - on many levels.

interesting to see already have the knives in, because we MIGHT have failed to sign ronaldinho, if this where the trust(lol yea right) I don't think there would be a negative reaction here only prise.

i would rather fail to sign ronaldinho than sign benjani.

what ever happens i would like to thank Venkys for thinking big. :brfc:

If/When Ronny is confirmed to be at Gremio, expect Beckham to jump to the top of the list.

Pato nor Milito have the publicity pull of Ron or Beckham.

They're running out of names. Nearly 50 days in charge, and they've milked the Maradona and Ronaldinho gravy-train dry. Beckham will be next, then, who knows? Pele? Lineker? Charlton?

Archived