BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

I just wish we knew what we had to spend realistically. If Kean's list is full of idiotic targets like Ronaldinho, then maybe someone should make another one...

What?

I'm pretty sure Nicko and others have made it clear that Kean has got his own list of Adams and Santas, and that Ronald is a special "project" by the Rao hip-hip group.

Don't believe Sky yet.

Doesn't make sense.

What is on Sky now? can't see any links that would relate to our club.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What?

I'm pretty sure Nicko and others have made it clear that Kean has got his own list of Adams and Santas, and that Ronald is a special "project" by the Rao hip-hip group.

They have money for who they want, but Kean can't have it? Logical.

They have money for who they want, but Kean can't have it? Logical.

There is a difference between Ronaldinho and Charlie Adam and other regular established PL players.

If you are offered a Ferrari because your work wants to put you in one, it wouldn't make sense for you to say "hang on, can't i get 5 Volvos instead?" (When you already will get the Ferrari AND 5 Hondas...

Saw a quote from Holloway saying that if Charlie stays with them til the summer he'll get a move to a top 4 side. Worried about our interest?

He wont, he isnt a top four midfielder, but yes he does seem worried he will lose him in the window, I saw the same piece.

I think that is a false twitter account (but a very good one!) - http://stage.venkys.com/ is the link through to Venky's main home page unless somebody can tell me that is normal.

It's a weird one. A stage subdomain on a website is commonly used as a staging area for a replacement website in development whilst the existing one continues at www.venkys.com. I've worked with several sites with this set up. It's a strange thing to link to on a Twitter account (you can enter you 'homepage' on your twitter profile) but the reality is anyone can link to anywhere.

If you go to Venky's website now it actually redirects to stage.venkys.com so it's not like the potential faker had to guess. The redirect is a bit amateur but I'm sure pre-takeover the Venky's website was absolutely shocking.

I'm convinced it's a fake. If someone can pretend to be Diouf and Roberts convincingly for a few weeks they can be bothered to use Google Translate to post a few tweets in the mother language of Pune.That it was set up yesterday and how someone else on Twitter mentioned that the London holding company is a Ltd. company and not a PLC makes it even more suspicious.

What is now almost certain is that we will get smaller bangs for our bucks in the transfer window.

Every money grabbing club, player & agent will be upping the ante.

This is an object lesson in how not to do business.

Only when a deal is signed, sealed and delivered should you burst forth into song.

What is now almost certain is that we will get smaller bangs for our bucks in the transfer window.

Every money grabbing club, player & agent will be upping the ante.

This is an object lesson in how not to do business.

When a deal is signed, sealed and delivered is the time to burst into song.

Correct, what a shambles IMO - if you take a step back, most people think we are being taken on a ride here – everything is just so laughable, however I am not finding it funny - Venky’s apparently don’t have the money for any of this which again is another (major) issue!

Plus with the decision to appoint a manager who has no experience of managing, it seriously undermines a lot of things.

This is like a circus.

Only good player in a VERY average team....are you joking? An average team doesn't sit in the top half of the table all season in the best league in the world and their best player is David Vaughan not Charlie Adam. They also have 2 good goalkeepers a promising winger in Philips and a good defender in Baptiste.

David Vaughan is definitely the player who is outstanding. Charlie Adam, however, does score goals and is a very tidy set-piece taker.

We need to strengthen the midfield come what may though.

I'm going in February and there isn't. Only direct flights from London are to Rio and Sao Paulo, TAP fly to about 8 or 9 cities but need changing at Lisbon/Porto.

Anyway, doesn't matter as doesn't look like this transfer is going to happen...

Unless he has got a seat on a Cruise ship charter flight ;)

I just wish we knew what we had to spend realistically. If Kean's list is full of idiotic targets like Ronaldinho, then maybe someone should make another one...

It's not idiotic to show ambition. Besides, the attempt to sign Ronaldinho began before Kean was put in charge. Kean has a list of more "normal" targets, as well as a budget, on the side. This has already been stated. A lot of clubs probably want to know how much we have to spend too so they can milk us for as much as possible.

Were Diouf and Roberts actually fake accounts, or were they instructed to take them down, as the tweets seemed potentially genuine.

Forget what night it was but at some point either Jason Roberts account was either hacked or the "faker" had decided enough was enough and decided to post tweets abusing everyone and claiming they were stringing us along. This is just after a ruse that Olsson was joining twitter and a third account was set up.

I thought 'hacked' at first as it game across very genuine to me but other Rovers twitterarti seem convinced it was a fake. Would appreciate if the LET could perhaps clear that one up when they get a chance with either player.

I know our owners are off their nut a bit PR wise but I can't imagine they would tweet about Santa Cruz, Adam & Duff in that manner on a different account to the one they had previously been using about us beating "Wolfs". A stretch, even for them.

19:21 - Ronaldinho has chosen yes to the proposal of the Gremio was formalized in a few minutes ago. The brother's attorney reached an agreement with the club that launched the international playmaker. In the next hours is expected the official announcement which will open the new era of Gaucho career. In Brazil.

Google translation of La Gazetta dela Sport which the BBC seems t be relying on.

Archived