BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

Can't see that,he'd be a complete idiot to fly out on a wild goose chase when we've got a big game tomorrow or has that one been written off as well !

Good point ! especially as he has no assistant manager to run things :wub:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst few will match Ronaldinho as a "marquee" signing, there are far superior players to be spending that kind of money on if the Venky brothers still want to spend it. It's just a case of convincing them to sign for Blackburn and play for an unknown manager.

The BIG problem!

So can one of you explain to me how Gremio can confirm any deal if they have not been talking to Milan? Up until a few hours ago, no bid had been made, right?

What do you think the VP of AC Milan has been doing in Brazil these past three days?

It should be written off. As should Kean's '2-3 Year Contract' being written up.

We can't say we thought this Ronaldinho situation was going to come out well for us. If anything, it's just turned us into more of a laughing stock than we are already, thanks to Venky's amazingly poor PR and conduct.

If Allardyce had said this, everyone would have laughed at it. Yet it's more plausible for Sam than it is for Kean to want Ronnie.

The word is that Ronnie was on Kean's list. So who else is on there?

Did you not understand the last sentence of my post? I'm suggesting it'd be very very difficult. To be honest I'm not sure a club of our stature with an unknown manager could attract anybody of Ronnie's calibre. Quite literally all we really have to throw at them is money and the chance to play in the Premier League.

I was referring to your first sentence. And if he's seriously considering our offer then he's obtainable, is he not?

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/times/gremio/noticia/2011/01/jornal-italiano-diz-que-ronaldinho-ja-assinou-contrato-com-o-gremio.html - Italian newspaper says that Ronaldinho has agreed a contract with Gremio

oh well, it was a good idea, hopefully there is a last minute shock, you never know

No because he'd have to go to Heathrow or change somewhere...

There is a Brazilian airline that flies direct from Manchester to 6 or 7 Brazilian airports... checked it a few months back coz I wanna go to the next World Cup.

I can feel that there is disappointment just round the corner, but my fingers & toes are firmly crossed!!!

It should be written off. As should Kean's '2-3 Year Contract' being written up.

We can't say we thought this Ronaldinho situation was going to come out well for us. If anything, it's just turned us into more of a laughing stock than we are already, thanks to Venky's amazingly poor PR and conduct.

If Allardyce had said this, everyone would have laughed at it. Yet it's more plausible for Sam than it is for Kean to want Ronnie.

The word is that Ronnie was on Kean's list. So who else is on there?

Ronaldinho has been worked on for longer than Kean has been in the job.

• Backroom

I was referring to your first sentence. And if he's seriously considering our offer then he's obtainable, is he not?

I can't think of any other players in his calibre who would join us to be honest. The only reason we're in with a sniff is because nobody better than us is interested and even though he's still a very good player (and far better than anything we have) he's a shadow of his former self.

We'd need a 'big' signing to give the club a reputation boost before setting our sights on similar targets. Ronaldinho in his present circumstance is a rare opportunity to attempt that, but I don't know who else we could realistically go for that would have the same impact.

I can't think of any other players in his calibre who would join us to be honest. The only reason we're in with a sniff is because nobody better than us is interested and even though he's still a very good player (and far better than anything we have) he's a shadow of his former self.

We'd need a 'big' signing to give the club a reputation boost before setting our sights on similar targets. Ronaldinho in his present circumstance is a rare opportunity to attempt that, but I don't know who else we could realistically go for that would have the same impact.

I agree on that.

It was always gonna be a long shot.

Agreed. Can't believe people are actually getting disappointed over it. It's like putting the lottery on. You know you've just given Camelot a quid of your money for a ticket with numbers on it, but you still think you COULD do it.

So we won't sign him. Who thought we would? And if you thought we would, are you an idiot?

Re Charlie Adam. Personally I don't think he's as good as people are making him out to be. Yes, he's been having quite a good season but up to then he's been very average. I watch Ross County regularly and he came up to us on loan a couple of seasons ago. He didn't particularly impress in his 11 games. He was out on loan from Rangers, then back to Rangers, then back on loan. He couldn't make it with Rangers who eventually sold him ( Yes, that's Rangers who play regularly against Hamilton, St Mirren, Kilmarnock etc.!) He even played against Partick Thistle several times Nicko .. Buying him is no guarantee of success. We do need a midfield player though, that's for sure.

Archived