BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, every chance. As I understand it he will be arriving on a big golden chariot pulled by twelve flying white horses. The driver will be Owen Coyle, who has agreed to be Keen's assistant. Davies will be sat alongside Ronaldinho, Beckham, Messi, Torres and Tevez. There are all going to buy adjoining terraced houses in Darwen.

Bloody hell lads and lasses! I've been reading this thread over the last couple of days in increasing wonder. Everybody laughs when Newcastle United screw up their club and supporters yet again, of course we do. But I now see a large number of supposedly hard-nosed Rovers fans (not all, it must be said) on here blindly ignoring the Venky's terminal ineptitude in football club governance.

THIS WHOLE SORRY MESS WILL END IN TEARS.

Shouting "lal la la" at the top of your voices will not make it better. There's too many posts containing the phrase "Let's hope that..." on here for it to be healthy.

And before anyone says it - many Bolton fans would be reacting in the same stupid way if we were in your current unfortunate position.

I've tried to let you down gently - but it's not easy.

Thanks, but really no thanks Zulu. Go and ponder your £100m debt.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/times/gremio/noticia/2011/01/jornal-italiano-diz-que-ronaldinho-ja-assinou-contrato-com-o-gremio.html - Italian newspaper says that Ronaldinho has agreed a contract with Gremio

oh well, it was a good idea, hopefully there is a last minute shock, you never know

To be honest I can't see how that story is real. They are talking about meetings with Assisis tomorrow. Why would that be if they are announcing it later today?

Why does the italian paper know this before any Brazilian knows it - after all the Brazilian papers would be first to talk to any club in Brazil.

Looks weird. Not convinced.

• Backroom

Didn't Jim say it would never happen?

Sounds like a few apologies might be due. :)

Really? I don't remember anyone saying it would be done?

Expecting something to happen and hoping it happens are different things many of us wanted it but I don't think anyone believed it would happen.

If Venkys fail at this, then I'm not sure how much worse their image can get. It's really make or break time.

You cannot be serious.

They failed as soon as they said "we've bid for him" in public! Pulling it out of the bag isn't going to make them look any less idiotic than they do right now. Nor do they need to to prove anything.

We've already seen that as long as Venky's are on the lips of football fans with stupid ideas like this, they aren't bothered.

We still don't know how much money is there to spend, given Milan said they haven't received ANY bid for Ronaldinho at all, and that it seemed Venky's had been discussing it with Ronaldinho's agent only.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/times/gremio/noticia/2011/01/jornal-italiano-diz-que-ronaldinho-ja-assinou-contrato-com-o-gremio.html - Italian newspaper says that Ronaldinho has agreed a contract with Gremio

oh well, it was a good idea, hopefully there is a last minute shock, you never know

That article contradicts itself several times when fully translated.

The very last paragraph of that report states a meeting is to be held on Wednesday to discuss funding his wages, how can a deal be signed if that hasnt already been agreed?

To be honest I can't see how that story is real. They are talking about meetings with Assisis tomorrow. Why would that be if they are announcing it later today?

Why does the italian paper know this before any Brazilian knows it - after all the Brazilian papers would be first to talk to any club in Brazil.

Looks weird. Not convinced.

In the same way the Holy-grail of The Mirror, The Sun and Sky Sports seem to know everything and must be trusted in all that they say? Same principle.

Such a high volume of posts, it's hard to trawl through sorting the good stuff from the bad. Expecting some Duff and Roque news tonight, hoping to hear some Ronnie news.

Seen the Indian Barry White on SSN earlier - he seemed very confident of the Ronaldinho deal, however I'd imagine that was recorded yesterday thus negating any of the days updates.

You cannot be serious.

They failed as soon as they said "we've bid for him" in public! Pulling it out of the bag isn't going to make them look any less idiotic than they do right now. Nor do they need to to prove anything.

We've already seen that as long as Venky's are on the lips of football fans with stupid ideas like this, they aren't bothered.

We still don't know how much money is there to spend, given Milan said they haven't received ANY bid for Ronaldinho at all, and that it seemed Venky's had been discussing it with Ronaldinho's agent only.

Well I would disagree, if they actually do bring in Ronaldinho, than at least there will be a result to this madness, as questionable as their conducts have been.

But if after all this they actually fail and we're left with empty hands...dear me.

In the same way the Holy-grail of The Mirror, The Sun and Sky Sports seem to know everything and must be trusted in all that they say? Same principle.

I don't believe them. I have spent the last few hours pointing out how they are talking bull about this story.

LIke someone said above the artile contradicts itself, saying there will be meetings tomorrow to work out the deal. Weird to go out and announce the arrival a day before the discussions...

Really? I don't remember anyone saying it would be done?

Expecting something to happen and hoping it happens are different things many of us wanted it but I don't think anyone believed it would happen.

I seem to remember that Jim only ever said that it wouldn't happen - and recieved a lot of abuse for it.

only saying.... no doubt he'll clarify what he did say. :)

At no point did Venkys say he had agreed to join us. People are reacting as if they had stated he had signed on the dotted line. All that was said was that a bid had been made. So I dont see how we can get ripped for showing some ambition.

They didn't just "make a bid", they sacked our manager, made a complete circus out of the club, and appear to seriously believe that a player like Ronaldinho will join us. So either they can back this ambition up, or we will be back to where we started - in a circus without a proper manager.

I seem to remember that Jim only ever said that it wouldn't happen - and recieved a lot of abuse for it.

I think a lot of people said that he probably wasnt going to be coming- as did I. The odds of him coming were small, but it was the intent of Venky's to attempt to sign a global superstar for a lot of money which got people excited- still has got people excited, 100 pages in a couple of days, it is an excited time to be a Blackburn Rovers fan.

They didn't just "make a bid", they sacked our manager, made a complete circus out of the club, and appear to seriously believe that a player like Ronaldinho will join us. So either they can back this ambition up, or we will be back to where we started - in a circus without a proper manager.

Well unless you make an offer how will you ever know if they want to join you or not!

• Backroom

He repeated many times that it wouldn't happen.

Problem was he did it in a condescending and often quite nasty way. It wasn't what he was saying, but the way he said it.

Archived