BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

Sorry to go back to Twitter again, and this may have already been posted (27 pages since I last looked), but BBC Sport's Jonathan Stevenson (does the live texts on Saturdays etc) posted this an hour or so ago, thought it was interesting:

Just asked my mate at Brazil's TV Globo where Ronaldinho was going. "It's an auction," he said. "Always an auction with his bro/agent."

More: "I don't believe he would go to Blackburn considering only his will. But AC Milan have a lot of the power with Ronaldinho."

Sad fact: "Ronaldinho wants fresh water and fun. He is a sort of former player pretending he is still a player."

Which gives me a little encouragement that we could get him but not much hope that we'll ever see him break into a jog.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to go back to Twitter again, and this may have already been posted (27 pages since I last looked), but BBC Sport's Jonathan Stevenson (does the live texts on Saturdays etc) posted this an hour or so ago, thought it was interesting:

Just asked my mate at Brazil's TV Globo where Ronaldinho was going. "It's an auction," he said. "Always an auction with his bro/agent."

More: "I don't believe he would go to Blackburn considering only his will. But AC Milan have a lot of the power with Ronaldinho."

Sad fact: "Ronaldinho wants fresh water and fun. He is a sort of former player pretending he is still a player."

Which gives me a little encouragement that we could get him but not much hope that we'll ever see him break into a jog.

But to be fair he had a great season only last season.

Unless his attitude has massively changed in the last 6 months then that sort of performance would be more than welcome here.

Just a thought but did I imagine it or are rules due to come into place regarding salary levels in relation to club turnover? If so wouldn't signing Ronaldinho push us well over the line given that the percentage is already about 80-90%?

From a personal point of view this is the most excitement we have had at the club for a while and I would love to see both Becks and Ronnie at Ewood. Enjoy the moment, whether we sign them or not, this sort of thing is all about what following a team is all about! Takes me back to the early 90's...

Just a thought but did I imagine it or are rules due to come into place regarding salary levels in relation to club turnover? If so wouldn't signing Ronaldinho push us well over the line given that the percentage is already about 80-90%?

From a personal point of view this is the most excitement we have had at the club for a while and I would love to see both Becks and Ronnie at Ewood. Enjoy the moment, whether we sign them or not, this sort of thing is all about what following a team is all about! Takes me back to the early 90's...

If Venkys want to pay him £7m a year, they could sponsor the club for that money and cover the shortfall in revenue.

I have doubts about the extra 10,000 at Ewood we might get, but if we get say an extra 6,000 per match for Ronaldinho plus the other signings plus doing better in the league, that in itself would translate to around £2.5 million per season. If we finish on average 4 places higher in the league (so 6th rather than 10th) than we have been doing, that will add about £3 million per season. Then add the increase in sponsorship, merchandising etc, it's not hard to see how this deal could potentially go a long way towards paying for itself.

Who pays for all this and how ?

Adam alone would cost some £5m.

Call me boring, alarmist, pessimist but I always like to know how to pay the milkman at the end of the week.

Chelsea of old, Leeds (Ridsdale - let's live the dream) and Portsmouth all spring to mind.

Who pays for all this and how ?

Adam alone would cost some £5m.

Call me boring, alarmist, pessimist but I always like to know how to pay the milkman at the end of the week.

Chelsea of old, Leeds (Ridsdale - let's live the dream) and Portsmouth all spring to mind.

My worry to. As long as debt is not being wracked up against the clubs name I am not concerned, however the increased wages are a problem.

For every rise there is a fall.

If Venkys want to pay him £7m a year, they could sponsor the club for that money and cover the shortfall in revenue.

I would suspect that this is the main reason there is Venkys London who own BRFC Venkys India probably would be the sponsor

My worry to. As long as debt is not being wracked up against the clubs name I am not concerned, however the increased wages are a problem.

For every rise there is a fall.

My biggest and infact my only concern to date. But if it is affordable and doesn't gut us financially, i'm all for it.

I'm glad the player situation is being addressed as quickly as it is. A welcomed change.

Perhaps the things that need to be done are signings. I'm sure Mrs D alluded to the fact Ronaldinho would be interested PROVIDED certain transfers occurred. All part of the 'project'.

I doubt Ronaldinho would be excited by Charlie Adam and Damien Duff though?

Maybe Roque, but he hardly set the world on fire at Bayern.

I have doubts about the extra 10,000 at Ewood we might get

We'll never fill the stadium on a regular basis unfortunately, look at the championship winning season, was it 28k average and we were the best side in the country.

You could play Elvis as outside left and we’d not fill the ground, the support just isn’t there, but we do extremely well for the size of the town.

Back to transfers, how about Messi?

BREAKING NEWS FROM GLOBESPORTE from Brazil.

They say Ronnie has chosen Gremio and an official statement will be out soon.

Not sure if this is valid, or not.

If it's true then so be it. At least we gave it a good go at trying to sign a player of his stature.

Also I'm pretty sure Gremio was the club he started his career at? Fair play to him if he has turned down what is likely to be the largest financial offer on the table and decided to instead play for his boyhood club.

Archived