BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

Talking about rovers and interview the owners on radio lancashire right now

For 21M over 3 years I think someone like Darren Bent would be a better bet.....Ok he's not as glamourous but

he guarentees goals. I dont for a moment suggest DB would come here just making a point that there are players out there for less that

will have a bigger impact on the pitch. I hope we get Adam, any "luxury" players will just be a bonus!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks pete

I think what he means is Nicko said earlier that 2 things needed to happen for Ronnie to come here, BPF is speculating that one of them may have although he is pretty good with this sort of thing I wouldn't get excited yet. In fact I wont until he is doing kick ups in a Rovers shirt in front of the Ewood crowd (or when hell freezes over)

I would agree with that. wait till 11pm

Crumbs we have more "glass half empty" supporters than a pub charging £7 a pint has empty gasses!

Just an interesting little aside, i hope whoever is talking to Ronaldhinos advisers points out that he would also earn more money coming to the prem, as being the most televised league in the world so his personal sponsorship deals would be more lucrative than consigned to brazil only where he can still return to after a season or two with us.... plus im sure Peter Jackson could give him some nice diamonds to go in those teeth..

For 21M over 3 years I think someone like Darren Bent would be a better bet.....Ok he's not as glamourous but

he guarentees goals. I dont for a moment suggest DB would come here just making a point that there are players out there for less that

will have a bigger impact on the pitch. I hope we get Adam, any "luxury" players will just be a bonus!

This is exactly what is wrong with the EPL.

Who on earth would want to see DB over Ronaldinho? Crazy

Aggh

Not more hyroglyphics!

Good luck on the GTP by the way, Got into teaching that way myself!

Thank you! I may want to ask you a few questions, I've never known anyone else get in to teaching and remain in it through the GTP

PGCE myself WWWM, toughest year of my life, good luck BPF.

It's been pretty tough so far! Thank you Imy! I'll need the luck.

Sky have now put the story up on their web site that there has been no offer made and put some weight behind it too.

They quote Steve Kean rather extensively but not anyone from Venky's. The crunch section copied from the Sky piece is:

A senior source of the Serie A club told Sky Sports News' chief news reporter, Bryan Swanson: "The club has received no bid for Ronaldinho from anyone, including Blackburn. There has not been an approach.

"We believe Ronaldinho wants to play in Brazil. Vice president Adriano Galliani is in Rio de Janeiro meeting the player's agent and dealing with his contract.

"We do not know if clubs are dealing with Ronaldinho directly but he is under contract with us, so we need to be told."

If that @VenkyLondonPLC Twitter account isn't a fake I'll be staggered.

Only set up on Jan 3rd. Has managed 18 tweets despite the widely accepted @venkysindia being nothing like as chatty.

And I've never heard Venky's refer to themselves in the singular (i.e. Venky) either.

It also says we are in discussions with AC Milan and have offered EU 7m which does not tie in with the information we have on here and/or on the BBC (i.e. we've offered the player 7.6m in the first year and have no need yet to have spoken to Milan because his contract expires this summer).

Additionally, shambolic as our owners PR have been I can't think why on Earth anyone setting up a twitter account would link to a "stage" version of a new website. It's a common term in web design however, and easy to guess. Unsurprisingly, the stage website makes no mention of that Twitter account.

Also bear in mind we had two very good fakes of Jason Roberts and Diouf recently that had most people taken in. Including the LET (and, full disclosure, yours truly).

Could be wrong but I would have money on it not being real.

Ronaldinho? This would be the most exciting transfer ever by an English club. He was the best player in the world only 3 or 4 years ago and is still only 30. In reality even if he came I doubt he would do very much because he has piled the pork on over the last copuple of years but I reckon the move would pay for iteself anyway so it would be worth doing just for a laugh. I will be paying homage to the Venky people and changing my diet to 1 that consists entirely of fried chicken if they pull it off. I doubt I would live to see out the season anyway if that was the case.

Not bnothered about Beckham though to be honest, never really rated him when he was younger.

This is exactly what is wrong with the EPL.

Who on earth would want to see DB over Ronaldinho? Crazy

Darren Bent scores goals in the premiership....Proven!

Ronaldiniho will only be coming for the money if he comes!

Im thinking of Blackburn Rovers not the EPL!

Good to see we are being linked with players who will actually improve our team. Ronaldiniho, Duff, Adam, Santa Cruz and Bentley would all walk into our first team at present. Be interesting to see how things develop sounds like like the owners & Steve Kean are serious about bringing in a number of players and any of thoose names mentioned above would be brilliant in my opinion.

Darren Bent scores goals in the premiership....Proven!

Ronaldiniho will only be coming for the money if he comes!

Im thinking of Blackburn Rovers not the EPL!

Whereas Bent would be coming to play for his boyhood heroes?

Ronaldinho? This would be the most exciting transfer ever by an English club.

I was just thinking this too.

The Premier League creates stars but it hardly ever makes hugely high profile signings like La Liga does. The stars of recent years have either been plucked from less major leagues where they've done very well (Drogba, Van Nistelrooy), or signed at a young age and gone onto greatness (Ronaldo, Fabregas). Henry was a winger when Arsenal signed him.

This would arguably be the highest profile signing by an English club ever.

That's not to say he'd be any good, Chelsea signed Shevchenko who was massively high profile and we know how that ended up. But it adds to the feeling if we pull this off it will put us on the map like no signing ever has.

Can people stop distributing links to various Twitter accounts?? Its bad enough as it is.

Im being so carefull not to start getting carried away about the Ronaldinho bid. Biggest transfer probably in premier league history in terms of player stature and club size, if it happens.

Venky's have been more miss than hit over the past month but damn, whether you hate them or not, isnt this more interesting then the past 5 years worth of transfer windows?????

Still 3 and a half weeks of this left.....

Archived