BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Georgie Thompson announced it about 10 minutes ago, its not on the ticker at the bottom of the screen.

I just can't understand why they'd announce that when previously Sky News were saying that "he wouldn't be sold to us/come to us"

Not going to bother listening to anything else they have to say about it because they plainly don't have a didgeridoo!

You aren't a Rovers fan so I'm not holding your opinion in high regard.

No, I'm not a fan but a supporter who has held a season ticket for tens of years and followed Rovers on many, many away trips. I'm just a realist.

Of all the things we could be getting uptight about, a bad joke from Harry Redknapp isn't high up on the list. Get a grip people! A dozen Rovers fans will have made the same quip already.

As for Milan, it seems pretty obvious they want rid and have given Ronaldinho and/or his agent leave to sort out his options. I hardly think they are going to do us for "tapping him up" like he's their star player.

Perhaps they've seen Venky's offer and decided they want a bit. Either way, I'm not concerned. I'd be more worried about Desai mentioning Duff earlier.

I think Ms.Desai got the wrong end of the stick when asked about Ronaldinho, I think she meant that they had spoke to Ronaldinho and offered him a contract of £6.2million. As that number she quoted as saying they had offered to Ac Milan was very similar to that of the contract negotiation leak on Twitter/facebook. So It looks like we are still yet to approach AC...

Sky's story is from their Italian office who have spoken to somebody at AC Milan. Could have been the cleaner. Their Italian operation usually churns out more crap than the British one.

There is a process going on here. It's not hard to follow.

Ronaldinho has been told he can leave AC Milan.

Gremio and two other Brazilian sides have been in for him.

NONE of them will get anywhere near the financial offer he can get at Blackburn Rovers. That offer has been on the table for weeks. It is now out there and official - just in case Ronnie isn't being told properly by his brother and agent.

There are TWO things that have to happen here.

Still waiting.

But don't panic at every daft snippet from dodgepot places like SSN.

Nicko, what´s the story with Roque? How close? Also Duff´s name came out today. Were you aware about that before?

Should be an 11 o'clock update.

Roque deal is in the hands of the chairman [sharp intake of breath from the conspiracy theorists].

Duff was news to me - that will be explained and updated later.

It's fairly obvious that Sky are idiots.

Desai meant that we offered Ron a contract worth 6.2 million a year. They took that to mean an offer to Milan of 6.2 million. Now they say we haven't offered anything to Milan which we never claimed to have.

They're so quick to put the boot in on the small clubs that they don't even bother to research.

But don't panic at every daft snippet from dodgepot places like SSN.

Should be an 11 o'clock update.

Roque deal is in the hands of the chairman [sharp intake of breath from the conspiracy theorists].

Duff was news to me - that will be explained and updated later.

:lol:

Would Rovers try and get Vela Nicko?

But this is a bit embarrassing.

Again I come back to the single voice, who knows about football. Get John Williams to do the talking and you don't get yourself in situations that could cost points, fines and transfer bans.

Sounds like Sky know nothing new then, just putting 2+2 together in order to make a story.

I think we should put a bid in for Steven Pienaar. He's out of contract at the end of the season. a bid of 3 million should be enough to sign him. Everton don't have any money to spend. Wonder he would want to is a different question. I would go after him if we fail in the bid for rolandinho.

Offer Pienaar 60 thousand pounds a week. very good player, but wouldn't help you put bums on seats but would help you with sponsorship.

If we fail with the bid for Rolandinho, are we likely to be interest in other brazillian players.

4 days into the transfer window, and no signings yet. too much focus on this Ronaldinho thing, when we could focus on getting other players in.

Keep the faith Iceman,

Remember, every club in Europe is into this "Cat fight" for everyone who may or may not be available, it's a complicated business with many many interested parties (Most of the at odds with each other) and that's before you get to the player himself!

God I wish people at the press would listen to what is said.

NO transfer fee is ever mentioned.

Ronaldinho can leave in the summer for FREE, so it won't be a steep price anyway, and isn't he allowed to talk to whoever when his contract is almost up?

It is €7.6m the first year and €8.5m the second and third year.

Three Brazilian clubs are keen, but don't have money.

Untill a real story is produced, that is what's going on.

Whilst we're at it Nicko, Desai mentioned on the BBC interview her and JW were discussing a Spanish striker. I didn't catch his name. Was that one you were aware of too? Any good? etc.

I heard there were two possibles from Barca. I got excited about Romeu, who is excellent, but he seems to be crocked now. Don't know much about the other kid.

Would Rovers try and get Vela Nicko?

Get your thieving hands off, he's Coyley's.

:lol:

Just got news from a source in South America regarding Ronaldinho's situation (don't know how reliable the information is yet)

But he told me that all over South America they are reporting that Ronaldinho is going to Rovers. The reasons he states is that it will be for alot more money (Nicko already stated) and the fact he wants to play in a better standard of league...

Make of it what you will, but like i say i'm not sure how reliable it is at the moment. I'm waiting for a reply from the source as to tell me what's going on.

Bare in mind that it's only morning there so a lot of news will be broken regarding his situation, and their likely to get any news before us... it's along day ahead i think in Brazil surrounding this...

Like Nicko has said, i think their is still life left in the story yet.... :rover:

Again I come back to the single voice, who knows about football. Get John Williams to do the talking and you don't get yourself in situations that could cost points, fines and transfer bans.

Take a breath.

There has been nothing remotely illegal about Ronaldinho approach, Adam interest or the Duff story. The Barca kid will be legit too as they want him out.

FFS.

Why does everybody need to jump on a bandwagon?

For the first window in ages there are players getting stacked up on their way to Ewood.

Let it happen and put the hair shirt away.

Rovers should be pipping Tottenham for Louis Suarez.

Hes a runner, a never say die player, still young enough to improve further, and more importantly a proven goalscorer.

As ideal of a player you could get to have playing with Ronaldinho.

Who is the chairman?

John Williams is doing that one.

Surprised the local paper didn't have a sniff.

;)

God I wish people at the press would listen to what is said.

NO transfer fee is ever mentioned.

Ronaldinho can leave in the summer for FREE, so it won't be a steep price anyway, and isn't he allowed to talk to whoever when his contract is almost up?

It is €7.6m the first year and €8.5m the second and third year.

Three Brazilian clubs are keen, but don't have money.

Untill a real story is produced, that is what's going on.

Correct.

Archived