BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

What is now almost certain is that we will get smaller bangs for our bucks in the transfer window.

Every money grabbing club, player & agent will be upping the ante.

This is an object lesson in how not to do business.

Only when a deal is signed, sealed and delivered should you burst forth into song.

Would it be possible for ANY club interested in Robinhino to keep that out of the media. The player is too big news for that to happen. The moment his club say he can go, speculation would be rife. The moment a club came remotely into the frame, it would be world news.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This could be recycled from the Gazetto article...there's been enough false announcements in this tale already.

It's what they quoted, but also they have spoken to Gremio press officer who said there will be an announcement in a few hours.

Who needs Ronaldinho when we have ar Keith

Back to mundane reality (and probably 90% fewer guests!).

I think Roque on loan makes total sense as a January signing, and to an extent Duff. Neither would need a bedding in period as they both know the club inside out, and, fitness permitting, could hit the ground running.

Neither would make sense come July though.

Were Diouf and Roberts actually fake accounts, or were they instructed to take them down, as the tweets seemed potentially genuine.

I had a conversation with Roberts after the stoke game. He may not have been playing but he was there. A young bloke said to him, that he follows him on twitter. Roberts turned round and said it wasn't him. A conversation took place and Roberts said it was not him, though he knows about the twitter stuff, just that it was not him.

So to recap.

We haven't got Ronny. We won't get Beckham.

We're supposed to be getting Duff and Adam, yet both are playing in for their respective teams tonight.

We might get Santa Cruz who alledgedly was dismissed under Samn as being a waste of money (age wise)

We might be getting some kid from Barcelona reserves.

hmmmm

been pretty positive about the window so far but things do seem to be going pear shaped (not surprisingly)

Damien Duff has been past his sell by date for many seasons now and I wouldn’t waste the wages on him to be honest. He was a great player for us, but that was coached out of him at Chelsea, leave him alone, not worth the wages.

Many of us can't see the Ronaldinho bid going through, but lets hope that money is put aside for a good esablished central midfield player.

Gav--couldn't agree with you more! :wub:

First time I've heard that suggested, what is your source on that?

I did use the word apparently - basing my thinking on their company accounts which is usually a good indicator of wealth and also their intial comments which stated they would spend £5 million in January (and that they would be happy if we finish around mid-table). Certainly there is nothing out there to suggest otherwise.

Sorry will pretend to get excited about our amazing manager buying all these world class players - this is such a great feeling......

I did use the word apparently - basing my thinking on their company accounts which is usually a good indicator of wealth and also their intial comments which stated they would spend £5 million in January (and that they would be happy if we finish around mid-table). Certainly there is nothing out there to suggest otherwise.

Urgh...

We've been through this several times before. If you believed everything that Venky's have come out with over the past month I dont know what you'd think. CLEARLY they are going to invest more than £5m this window as proven by the efforts to bring in Ronaldinho.

• Backroom

If the Rao bros made a serious attempt to get Ronaldinho then fair enough.If he'd rather semi-retire at 30 in an obscure league in Brazil then that is his choice and perhaps suggests he's lost the motivation to play in the 'big' leagues now.

Fine. Let's move on to realistic targets that will improve our immediate prospects. If the Raos are on the lookout for another Marquee signing then maybe we'll soon have another big name to talk about. If not, nothing new.

So to recap.

We're supposed to be getting Duff and Adam, yet both are playing in for their respective teams tonight.

We might get Santa Cruz who alledgedly was dismissed under Samn as being a waste of money (age wise)

hmmmm

been pretty positive about the window so far but things do seem to be going pear shaped (not surprisingly)

If we are going for old boys, why the hell isn't Bentley's name up there? Would change our fortunes overnight.

• Backroom

So to recap.

hmmmm

We don't know who else is on the list yet though do we and we still have 26 days to go.

Things are looking a lot better on the transfer front at this stage in the window than recently

What is now almost certain is that we will get smaller bangs for our bucks in the transfer window.

Every money grabbing club, player & agent will be upping the ante.

This is an object lesson in how not to do business.

Only when a deal is signed, sealed and delivered should you burst forth into song.

You've been on a downer about this from day one..are you son of Jim,or Philip perhaps??

Correct, what a shambles IMO - if you take a step back, most people think we are being taken on a ride here – everything is just so laughable, however I am not finding it funny - Venky’s apparently don’t have the money for any of this which again is another (major) issue!

Plus with the decision to appoint a manager who has no experience of managing, it seriously undermines a lot of things.

This is like a circus.

Ditto you John,I think the old money chestnut you raise has already been disproved and which certainly seems to be being backed up in this transfer window so far ie..more Blackburn related gossip than in the last several combined.

Take a valium or something for god's sake man!

David Vaughan is definitely the player who is outstanding. Charlie Adam, however, does score goals and is a very tidy set-piece taker.

We need to strengthen the midfield come what may though.

I've been watching the Blackpool game...Vaughan has been anonymous but there's been some good stuff from Adam.From what I've seen he'd be a big,big improvement on what we currently have in centre midfield.

Archived