SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicko - Few weeks back Samba wanted to go

Keen stripped him of the captaincy

Keen went to India did an interview with talksport were he basically said Samba was now happy

Shortly after he was give the captancy back

Now today Samba has come out and said he wants to go

Do you know what changed since getting the captaincy back and now wanting to leave?

The wind?

Can't see how we're making any progress on any front.

Don't see the point on wasting our loan on crocky

Adam probably won't be sold till Summer

Ba, couldn't really care less about, certainly not worth a lot of effort.

Duff, sentimentally yes, but Hughes isn't going to let him go.

Nelsen & Robbo both want to stay forever, Ryan certainly not the player he was, is he really worth a new deal if we want to progress?

Samba off, sad news as he's our best player at the moment.

Can't see our squad being any better off at all based on the above.

IMO the Venkys have gone sh1t or bust on Ronaldinho and are about to go bust.

Nicko, I thought the idea was to target young up and coming players?

• Backroom

What sounds positive?!

We almost certainly aren't getting Ronnie, as he seems to have decided he's such a good player he can play for every club in Brazil at the same time.

We aren't getting Duff... alright that one's a positive for me.

Adams is merely a possible but is going to cost us a tonne.

Robinson on a lifetime contract... alright

Nelsen signing a lifetime contract... right... he's 33 now... and, although we love him and everything, he's also a relatively @#/? player most of the time...

I just find it pretty positive that after years of nothingness we are being linked to and actually attempting to sign decent players that cost actual money.

Maybe people forgot just how dull last January was, we had a slight chance of Dindane but that was it if I recall right.

Ryan Nelsen is 33, asking for a 'lifetime' deal is just asking for another contract (on more money), kis current deal doesn't expire til the end of next season. I like Nelsen but this just sounds like he wants a payrise. We should wait til the end of his contract and review it then.

Robinson's current deal run until the end of the 2013 season, by which time he'll be 34. OK so unlike Nelse he could go on longer but with 2 whole years left to run on his current contract I would be hessitant to offer him a "lifetime" deal on more money now.

Seen the vision of the future, or do they just think they make milk some cash out of our barmy owners...call me cynical

So I guess the only good news is we live to dream another day about Ronaldinho.

and Samba...to be honest we shouldn't cry too many rivers for him if that's his real attitude. He's good, but I don't see a top 4 club going for him. I'm not sure where he thinks he's going to go.

Nelsen all those days ago came out in public and said the players and fans deserved to know what was going on, and now he wants a lifetime contract. Yet Samba is rumoured still to be wanting out.

Now, I think that if Nelsen stated this in public, he should at least put OUR minds at rest after we backed him. I also think that these two must have serious differences on what is good for the club if the contrasting attitudes are to be believed.

I'd welcome Robinson tied down long-term though, however perverted that sounds. :P

I just find it pretty positive that after years of nothingness we are being linked to and actually attempting to sign decent players that cost actual money.

Maybe people forgot just how dull last January was, we had a slight chance of Dindane but that was it if I recall right.

Oh aye, its all good fun at the moment but as usual most are worried about end product including me.

Its all good and well having all these targets and all this speculation but with ten players sidelined and Rovers having some kind of Ripleys believe it or not moment, we want to see some bugger signed, actions speak louder than words and we have all heard far too many words.

Agree its very very nice to be linked with big players, and actually be looking to spend money on them, but it all means very little unless something actually comes off. Im not saying it wont, we're only 4 days into the window, but at the moment the only thing that looks even slightly likely is a loan move for Crocke Santa Cruz, who as i remember it most people were absolutely bloody delighted to see the back of when he left... surely we can do better than him with our new financial backing. Waste of time and money in my opinion.

I feel like i've been kicked in the head!

Nothing about that update fills me with much confidence.

With an injury hit squad i don't understand why we are risking our budget on RSC who is prone to the odd knock.

With an injury hit squad i don't understand why we are risking our budget on Duff who is prone to the odd niggle.

I'd take Adam in a heartbeat. But he is worth too much to Blackpool for them to consider selling. At best we could haggle for a few weeks, pay well over the odds, leave ourselves with no remaining budget and possibly sign him on or around deadline day.

As for Samba, he is welcome to leave. Brainless cretin of a man. His latest remarks come at a time when we really don't need it. And so nice to see that he chose a foreign publication to spout off in. A truly brave warrior is our Chris.

Nelsen all those days ago came out in public and said the players and fans deserved to know what was going on, and now he wants a lifetime contract. Yet Samba is rumoured still to be wanting out.

The difference is Samba wants to leave no matter what. Even if we signed Messi he would still want to leave.

I'd welcome Robinson tied down long-term though, however perverted that sounds. :P

He already is, until 2013. No point giving him a new contract at this point in time. Besides, "lifetime" contracts don't exist (so they could carry on earning their wage until they die, yeah right) it must be a 'finite' number of years and even if they did why would the word "lifetime" in lifetime deal be anymore reliable than the number 4 in "4 year deal"

Well, regardless I feel a lot of relief in the sense that the owners are putting forward the money to sign proper players.

It's a shame all this bad PR has happened, as if they had kept quiet and nicko had broken these stories I feel they'd be nothing but positivity right now.

'To dream the impossible dream' - the first line from that popular song composed by Mitch Leigh - readily comes to mind.

IMO, that's all we have and likely to have.

Can't see a structured strategy - plenty of talk but at the very best, a very wobbly walk!

Archived