BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<br />I have been absolutely disgusted with the goings on this year, but I will be behind the team all the way to the end.

I think the atmosphere will be superb. However, if we go a couple of goals down on Saturday, all hell will break loose- and you know that JAL./>

He's right everyone will be behind the team, they are every week apart from the mindless KA boo boys. I think the atmosphere will be very loud and very tense from the start. If we were to go a couple of goals down I won't be surprised to see all the worries and frustrations of the last few months come pouring out. It's happened before.

BIG, BIG Saturday in the PL, when was the last time a Saturday league programme actually menat something? In my dreams these are the results:

Villa v Wolves - draw

Rovers v Blackpool - Rovers win

Everton v Fulham - Everton win

Stoke v Newcastle - Newcastle win

Spurs v WHU - Spurs win

WBA v Arsenal - Arsenal win

Wigan v Birmingham - draw

Rovers sitting 4 points clear and 12th by 7.15pm tonight. Can't remember the last time I had to sit and study the table to this extent!

• Backroom

Lose today and the battle is as good as lost IMO

I think West Ham will be OK, I can see them getting 9 points in their last 3 games they have us at home then wigan away then Sunderland at home.

I just checked the results, tight, tight, tight. Villa and Brum are just as bad as us at the moment, but they have a manager and players who could get them out of jail. West Ham look up for a fight, and so does Wolves. To be fair, our destiny lies in our own hands now. Kean has got to play Kalinic and Formica, because I still believe, that they have something positive to add.

I just checked the results, tight, tight, tight. Villa and Brum are just as bad as us at the moment, but they have a manager and players who could get them out of jail. West Ham look up for a fight, and so does Wolves. To be fair, our destiny lies in our own hands now. Kean has got to play Kalinic and Formica, because I still believe, that they have something positive to add.

Agreed, Diouf and Roberts shouldn't play again either, they are both ###### poor.

Based on all of the times you have seen him play you mean?

Kids are not the answer for a relegation battle for christs sake.

KEAN OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its funny you say that Ada, because an experience pro like Dunn or Grella, are the answers right? Its also funny you mention Formica, and if I have seen him play. Well to be honest, we get loads of live games from Brazil and Argentina. In one of the games, Newells played I think it was Estudientes, and Formica was brilliant. For 3 million, he should be playing, because that is money wasted, irrespective of his age or our position.

Its funny you say that Ada, because an experience pro like Dunn or Grella, are the answers right? Its also funny you mention Formica, and if I have seen him play. Well to be honest, we get loads of live games from Brazil and Argentina. In one of the games, Newells played I think it was Estudientes, and Formica was brilliant. For 3 million, he should be playing, because that is money wasted, irrespective of his age or our position.

One game against a third rate team on another continent doesn't mean anything.

Having said that, our midfield can't be much worse than it is now even if we do give him a crack.

I would love to see this Rovers team, go up against Newells, or Estudientes. In fact, I'm sure we would thrash that 3rd rate teams. Point I was making, is after splashing 3mill on him, he should have been in the team from the get go.

Boca Juniors, River Plate, Santos, Sao Paulo, Flamengo, Colo Colo etc are never 3rd rate teams. If you watch these teams on a regular basis, and you watch the players, you will be amazed at the amount of talent.

How many premier league games have you seen him in Iceman?

I suppose you'll be the first to defend him if he plays next game and goes missing?

Why do you think he'll make a difference?

Wake up, the squad is ######, has been for years, a 21 year old aint gonna change that!!

I did not mention Grella either pal, he shouldnt be anywhere near our club, now that is a complete waste of manoey!!

I would love to see this Rovers team, go up against Newells, or Estudientes. In fact, I'm sure we would thrash that 3rd rate teams. Point I was making, is after splashing 3mill on him, he should have been in the team from the get go.

Boca Juniors, River Plate, Santos, Sao Paulo, Flamengo, Colo Colo etc are never 3rd rate teams. If you watch these teams on a regular basis, and you watch the players, you will be amazed at the amount of talent.

Its the South African Chaddyrovers!!!!!! :lol:

So the guy in South Africa and saw him play on the TV once things he should play, whilst those who see him train with and play against the other current members of the squad every day don't.

Fairly sure I know who's opinion I'll be backing on this one.

• Backroom

Right so 2 wins and a draw needed from 8 tough games, it's still possible.

IF (and thats a huge if) we could somehow beat Birmingham and Bolton at home I'd fancy us to sneak a point Vs either City or Wolves away.

So Ada and Bat dude, you would be happy with Andrews and Grella. How is this lad suppose to prove himself, if he is not given a chance. Its the same situation with Kalinic, where he is being wasted on the bench.

Also bat dude, you trust Kean and Jenssens judgement? Good grief, they are the cause along with the dross that we are in this position. I said we get to see quite a bit of South American football, and I've seen him play more than once. It wasn't youtube clips, full 90 min matches. Perhaps you should stop having issues with my posts. If you love me, pm me and I'll give you my number.

• Backroom

Also worth mentioning that Blackpool players must be pretty distraught after being so close to a huge win and letting it slip at the death, that goal is far more important in the respect of stopping Blackpool than the point is worth to us.

Next games as follows

West Ham vs Man United

Everton vs Villa

Birmingham vs Bolton

Wigan vs Tottenham

West Brom vs Liverpool

Newcastle vs Wolves

Arsenal vs Rovers

Fulham vs Blackpool

I think we shouldn't feel too bad playing Arsenal, because looking at the fixtures, there are some difficult games for the rest as well. I would settle for a scrappy draw against Arsenal.

Next games as follows

West Ham vs Man United

Everton vs Villa

Birmingham vs Bolton

Wigan vs Tottenham

West Brom vs Liverpool

Newcastle vs Wolves

Arsenal vs Rovers

Fulham vs Blackpool

I think we shouldn't feel too bad playing Arsenal, because looking at the fixtures, there are some difficult games for the rest as well. I would settle for a scrappy draw against Arsenal.

Happy with a draw v Arsenal? I'd be bloody ecstatic, and bewildered at the same time

I am seriously expecting Arsenal to beat us 6 or 7-0. It could get really, really embarrassing. Hopefully this week will go veryyyy slowly.

If we get tanked imagine how much confidence that will destroy in a squad that already is demoralised. Also survival might come down to goal difference this year, we just can't let Arsenal hammer us.

Funny you should mention that, I was physically present at the Flamengo-Fluminense derby at the Engenhao Stadium on Sunday on the last day of my holidays. I watch some football from that continent although not huge amounts since we don't get games regularly on TV here.

There's hell of a lot of talent attacking wise in South America and the teams you mentioned have it in abundance. But defensively things are very different and it is a lot more challenging for Formica to make an impact in this league than it is in Argentina. And that's before you take into account acclimitisation, adapting to different playing styles etc. Have to say I was never particularly excited by the signing of Formica like half of this board were and while a small part of me hoped he'd become a revelation, I knew it was more likely he'd be another Carlos Villanueva.

For the first time I really believe that we are going down this season, up until today I thought that would get out of trouble but not sure anymore. We are going to beed 8 or 9 more points and that is going to be difficult to achieve with the way we have been playing, we are going to have to start picking up some points away from home.

Archived